PDA

View Full Version : Predators getting their dues...

fkdup74
05-04-2006, 04:27 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12614443/

Serves 'em right, the fuckin' wierdos.

peat moss
05-04-2006, 04:57 AM
Must have been a long drive home to the wife and kids for Meatrocket8 . :)

vidcc
05-04-2006, 09:08 PM
The first time dateline did this I thought "what an excellent idea". I was surprised they did more of the same and amazed that so many of these perverts had seen the first show yet still they came.
My only concern about this TV show is that it has limited resources. I would like to see such sting operations widespread and commonplace. I'm sure it could easily be funded by sponsorship locally on public TV. including the cost of providing the extra law enforcement officers. Make it so predators are playing russian roulettes with all chambers loaded.
Any "entrapment" laws would need to be removed.

I will add that parents should play their part protecting their children if they give them computers

Fromagepas
05-04-2006, 09:43 PM
I would like to see such sting operations widespread and commonplace ... Make it so predators are playing russian roulettes with all chambers loaded ... I will add that parents should play their part protecting their children if they give them computers
I totally agree, well said.

fkdup74
05-07-2006, 02:25 PM
The first time dateline did this I thought "what an excellent idea". I was surprised they did more of the same and amazed that so many of these perverts had seen the first show yet still they came.
My only concern about this TV show is that it has limited resources. I would like to see such sting operations widespread and commonplace. I'm sure it could easily be funded by sponsorship locally on public TV. including the cost of providing the extra law enforcement officers. Make it so predators are playing russian roulettes with all chambers loaded.
Any "entrapment" laws would need to be removed.

I will add that parents should play their part protecting their children if they give them computers

You know vid, I couldn't help thinking the same myself when I saw this.

Not so much the part about how gullible these pervs were for falling for it,
although it did cross my mind as to the mental capcity of these fruitcakes...

I was stumped by the question "Why aren't more communities doing this?"

I don't think entrapment would be an issue.
Drug and prostitution stings are, as far as I know, exempt from such laws. :unsure:
So why not pedo stings?

vidcc
05-07-2006, 03:12 PM
I don't think entrapment would be an issue.
Drug and prostitution stings are, as far as I know, exempt from such laws. :unsure:
So why not pedo stings?
I would hope it would not be an issue, however how many times have you thought to yourself "you got to be shitting me" when you hear about some criminal getting off on an unbelievable technicality.... I just want to make sure it couldn't happen :)

fkdup74
05-08-2006, 02:31 AM
....however how many times have you thought to yourself "you got to be shitting me" when you hear about some criminal getting off on an unbelievable technicality....

Unfortunately, too many times to count.

It's kinda like my typos, it just gets old trying to keep track after so many. :(

Busyman™
05-08-2006, 04:01 AM
Entrapment isn't issue here because it's not entrapment.

The person acting like the child on the internet is not suggesting any illegal activity. The suggestion comes from the perv. The acting person basically just says "ok".

The same goes for prostitution. The John must solicit the "prostitute". The "prostitute" can't suggest a fuck for money and it be legal in a criminal case against the John.

Damn I see they started this last year (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=105631). I missed last week's episode but still have the one with redneck with Mike's Hard Lemonade on tivo.

I haven't finished watching it yet. In that one, the redneck says that he thinks he (himself) should go to jail. So far the very first one from November is the best one.

In that one, one guy stripped naked and there was also a rabbi caught in the dragnet. :lol: They are scary idiots.

Chip Monk
05-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Entrapment isn't issue here because it's not entrapment.

The person acting like the child on the internet is not suggesting any illegal activity. The suggestion comes from the perv. The acting person basically just says "ok".

Good point. Which means that such operations could and should be much more commonplace.

fkdup74
05-09-2006, 04:02 AM
and there was also a rabbi caught in the dragnet. :lol:

Ahhhh, but teh Catholic priests must be much smarter, then. :smartass:

Anyway, on a serious note, I see your point about the solicitation. Makes sense.
I knew there was a way they did the stings legally, just never heard (or couldn't remember) how.

vidcc
05-09-2006, 02:19 PM
I hope Busy is correct. If the entrapment laws are federal and not state by state then good good. I just wanted to be sure any excape route was closed.
That said, thinking about it, this sting was not set up by law enforcement, it was by a private television company. Would entrapment laws come into it as the police just arrested after a crime was comitted and didn't set the crime up.

Edit: I guess the key is to be sure no mistakes are made and any laws specific to each state are followed.

Busyman™
05-09-2006, 08:24 PM
I hope Busy is correct. If the entrapment laws are federal and not state by state then good good. I just wanted to be sure any excape route was closed.
That said, thinking about it, this sting was not set up by law enforcement, it was by a private television company. Would entrapment laws come into it as the police just arrested after a crime was comitted and didn't set the crime up.

Edit: I guess the key is to be sure no mistakes are made and any laws specific to each state are followed.
Video and computer evidence is used to prosecute.

It's no different than what our News 7 I-Team did with a fella I played b-ball with. They used news footage to go after him for taking women's money when thought they were going to Chicago to see Oprah.

Sextent
05-10-2006, 07:01 PM
That said, thinking about it, this sting was not set up by law enforcement, it was by a private television company.
Didn't it say that the "victims" were actually deputised by the local Sheriff? So they would be treated as if they were law enforcement. In any casy, as Busyman said, it was not them who suggested the crime it was the pervert. It's only entrapment if the "child" had suggested the crime.

vidcc
05-10-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm not arguing the definition of entrapment. I am concerned that the definition may depend on which state the sting is running in. The states all have their own laws and all have their own definitions of those laws and their own punishments.
Just the act of "talking dirty" to a minor may be an offense in some states but not others.
If entrapment laws are federal (the same whatever state one is in) and have been tested and ruled on by the supreme court then good good. ALL I am saying is that ANY possible technicality that would give even a faint chance of the pervert "getting off" would need to be removed.

as i said before

Originally Posted by vidcc
how many times have you thought to yourself "you got to be shitting me" when you hear about some criminal getting off on an unbelievable technicality....

It's hardly a rare occurance

Sextent
05-10-2006, 08:02 PM
The Supreme Court has ruled in entrapment cases. Does that mean entrapment is a Federal issue, does the Supreme Court only deal with Federal matters?

vidcc
05-10-2006, 08:33 PM
The supreme court rules on individual cases, not all entrapment cases are the same. If the court finds that the "entrapment" violated the constitutional rights of the "accused" then that ruling for like cases sets the precedent for all states to follow. If they rule that it didn't violate his constitutional rights then the states are free to determine what level they will follow within that ruling. This could mean that they continue to "entrap" within this precedent or they could make their own laws forbidding entrapment.

Basically states can make their own laws but certain rights are guaranteed under the constitution and states cannot violate those rights.

Of course not everyone will agree with the supreme courts rulings.

disclaimer:
this is a brief explaination only and there are plenty of "ah but what abouts" that are not covered

vidcc
05-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Just when I thought I couldn't have a lower opinion of these perverts one manages to go one step further.

I've just seen a segment about dateline on th abrahams report and one guy took his own 4 year old son to a "meeting" with a 14 year old.:angry: