PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates wishes he weren't so rich!!!

Darth Sushi
05-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Bill Gates wishes he weren't so rich
The corporate leader says he doesn't like the attention of being the world's richest man.
May 4, 2006: 3:40 PM EDT

REDMOND, Wash. (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates said Wednesday he wished he were not the world's richest man.

"I wish I wasn't. There is nothing good that comes out of that," said Gates, whose personal fortune sank by billions since last week when the software giant disappointed investors by saying new investments would crimp earnings.

The corporate leader who made Microsoft into the world's largest software maker - and who is also one of the biggest philanthropists - is seen as a man who does not like publicity. He explained that he did not like the attention of being the world's richest person.

"You get more visibility as a result of it," he said during an interview conducted by CNBC reporter Donny Deutsch in front of a crowd of people attending a Microsoft advertising event. (Watch Bill Gates on CNN Pipeline's CNNMoney Business Update - 1:54)

The Microsoft co-founder said that the person he learned most from in the world, aside from technology colleagues, was fellow-billionaire and legendary investor Warren Buffett.

"He has this very refreshing, simple way of looking at things so I put him top of the list," said Gates, adding that the top lesson from Buffett was the importance of integrity.

Still, Gates joked about his plight being unequaled in wealth. Asked if he surrounded himself with financial peers, he quipped, "No, I sit alone."

Gates has been the richest man in the world for eight years running - since 1998 - and was worth $90 billion at his fortune's peak in 1999, according to the Forbes list of richest people. His fortune is currently at $50 billion, according to the magazine.

:source: Source: http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/04/news/newsmakers/gates.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

Darth Sushi
05-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Boo hoo hoo http://www.mcbrien.plus.com/liam/img/smilies/pelt.gif

Rip The Jacker
05-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Give me half your money Mr. Gates, problem solved. :)

Cheese
05-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Bill Gates is a top bloke imo, he has given away like $30 billion to charitable causes...

I have no time for his company (or any sad git sad enough to buy shares in his company) but I have a lot of time for the person Bill Gates.

GepperRankins
05-05-2006, 01:14 AM
imagine a world without windows mengs :dabs:

Skiz
05-05-2006, 02:31 AM
We should all be so "unlucky". :dry:

ZaZu
05-05-2006, 05:17 AM
imagine a world without windows mengs :dabs:...ah yes a world running IBM OS2...:)

Barbarossa
05-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Bill Gates is a top bloke imo, he has given away like $30 billion to charitable causes...

I have no time for his company (or any sad git sad enough to buy shares in his company) but I have a lot of time for the person Bill Gates.

I second that. He does give alot of money to charity, mates, but he doesn't like to talk about it. :emo:

Voetsek
05-05-2006, 11:19 AM
I wish I wasn't so poor

Virtualbody1234
05-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Well if it's a real problem then why doesn't he lower the price of Windows XP?

After all it's "old" software that's been around since 2001.

http://www.dannygo.com/images/uploads/winxp_corp_devil.jpg

peat moss
05-06-2006, 01:27 AM
Well if it's a real problem then why doesn't he lower the price of Windows XP?

After all it's "old" software that's been around since 2001.

http://www.dannygo.com/images/uploads/winxp_corp_devil.jpg

Good point VB , Bills's a crook rent Pirates of Silicon Valley to get the drift . But must admit I do appreciate his humanitarian efforts and marketing skills . :)

With that kind of money its a tax write off ? :whistling

Virtualbody1234
05-06-2006, 01:39 AM
Yeah I've seen Pirates of Silicon Valley.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole purpose of his donations was for a tax write off.

worldpease
05-07-2006, 02:18 AM
The way the 'Money Exchange' is today,
here in Mexico, me, and my children could live a normal 'simple' life with just
a million dollars, the interests generated by that quantity of money
would be enough, and may be a little bit more than enough... just a little.
A nice little car or two, a well made home, hey, I could even start a small bussines.

ourfaza
05-08-2006, 08:19 AM
Give me half your money Mr. Gates, problem solved. :)

LOL :lol:

Nepenthes
05-12-2006, 07:15 AM
Good one :)

p0ke2
05-26-2006, 02:10 AM
bill's a good guy imo

Sa0siN
11-13-2006, 04:59 PM
he could give everyone in america $100 and still have money left over

reachnet
11-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Yeah he could - but he needs to know that from his perspective it's going to be used in the right way to help as many as possible.
MS are all about "numbers" not blindly dishing out. They certainlyain't a Charity.

silent h3ro
11-14-2006, 01:34 AM
he could give everyone in america $100 and still have money left overReally? Amazing. Nice name, btw (Awesome music:) ).

f@flot
11-20-2006, 03:19 PM
hehe give me some :)