PDA

View Full Version : You lads might like this

Mr JP Fugley
05-06-2006, 03:24 PM
http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/62/1/

lee551
05-06-2006, 05:19 PM
:ohmy: holy fuck is that baller.

$800 keyboard, damn! how much do you think they charge for monitors?

Seedler
05-06-2006, 06:52 PM
...:wacko:

clocker
05-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Although I've seen almost all of those before, the bamboo items were new and really caught my eye.
Depending on finish/durability I could see bamboo being a viable alternative to plastic on some items.

That particular Japanese style case is quite loverly but most wooden case projects don't do much for me and I can't see them becoming commercially viable. So far, people don't seem to exploit the properties/advantages of wood and simply reproduce the basic PC box in an organic material.
The Sangaku case sticks with a completely standard PC layout albeit tarted up with incredible joinery (which the builder admits was the entire point anyway).

Marrying a revolutionary design with the unusual material would be far more enticing.

Mr JP Fugley
05-07-2006, 12:31 PM
i thought the bamboo wood go particularly well with your water theme. organic and so forth.

or are you entirley interested in function, with form a matter of little matter.

sabien
05-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Clocker....are you serious??

"...the bamboo items were new and really caught my eye.Depending on finish/durability I could see bamboo being a viable alternative to plastic on some items"

Jeez dude.....I'd like to see the day when bamboo take over for industrial material!

clocker
05-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Jeez dude.....I'd like to see the day when bamboo take over for industrial material!
Depending on your age you very well may.
Don't forget that a major component in the production of plastic is petroleum...a resource that is becoming increasingly dear and hard to come by.

JP...Sprocket is certainly as much about form as function.
Although I try not to sacrifice the latter for the former there are useless bits of frippery that I could not resist.
Wood could be a quite suitable material for casework...the sound insulating properties alone would be worth exploring.

peat moss
05-07-2006, 05:08 PM
The wood looks so much better than the clear resin ones people posted about last year . Wood always looks classy .

chojin
05-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Thats cool....I want one

/me gets out the Ronseal

;)