PDA

View Full Version : Iraqis Cheer Crash of British Helicopter

peat moss
05-06-2006, 09:34 PM
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - A British military helicopter crashed in Basra on Saturday, and Iraqis hurled stones at British troops and set fire to three armored vehicles that rushed to the scene. Clashes broke out between British troops and Shiite militias, police and witnesses said.

Link :http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001/20060506/1157227753.htm&floc=NW_1-T

Made me sick reading this , wondered why do we bother ? :(

Smith
05-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Because theres no other chance. America and England dug there hole moving into Iraq, now they gotta get out.

j2k4
05-07-2006, 03:36 AM
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - A British military helicopter crashed in Basra on Saturday, and Iraqis hurled stones at British troops and set fire to three armored vehicles that rushed to the scene. Clashes broke out between British troops and Shiite militias, police and witnesses said.

Link :http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001/20060506/1157227753.htm&floc=NW_1-T

Methinks some of these militias are playing the media game, peat.

It's disconcerting, to say the least.

I can't wait 'til this is over and done.

cpt_azad
05-07-2006, 06:44 AM

We? Canadian troops are not in Iraq last time I checked, although sending them is a good idea (I used to oppose the idea, but now that the US has gone in and turned the place to shit, every soldier helps in order to maintain peace).

MagicNakor
05-07-2006, 07:31 AM
Our troops are tied up in Afghanistan. Spreading them thin like that is a bad idea.

:shuriken:

~Rev Jim Jones
05-07-2006, 12:32 PM
There's plenty of British who would cheer a crash of a British helicopter, it's really a non-issue. When my age was in the single digits me and my friends got a good laugh watching the space shuttle Challenger explode on live TV, it was like if your gonna go for a rocket ride you just might die, just like they did.

j2k4
05-07-2006, 03:01 PM
There's plenty of British who would cheer a crash of a British helicopter, it's really a non-issue. When my age was in the single digits me and my friends got a good laugh watching the space shuttle Challenger explode on live TV, it was like if your gonna go for a rocket ride you just might die, just like they did.

I'll bet that Indonesian Christmas tsunami a while back really popped your cork, too, huh?

It would seem you are still in single digits, developmentally.

vidcc
05-07-2006, 03:05 PM
I think we have expect things like this. Occupying forces good or bad will always be the object of resentment at some level.

What worries me is the results of the Iraqi troop training. One group upon graduation mutinied when told they wouldn't be stationed next to their homes.

Hardball... iraqi soldiers report (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh-zwbPcByM) 2.4 mb

I suppose the "liberal press" is to blame :rolleyes:

j2k4
05-07-2006, 03:24 PM
I think we have expect things like this. Occupying forces good or bad will always be the object of resentment at some level.

What worries me is the results of the Iraqi troop training. One group upon graduation mutinied when told they wouldn't be stationed next to their homes.

Hardball... iraqi soldiers report (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh-zwbPcByM) 2.4 mb

I suppose the "liberal press" is to blame :rolleyes:

How would you know, you FOXNEWS addict. :lol:

vidcc
05-07-2006, 03:46 PM
How would you know, you FOXNEWS addict. :lol:
Billy boy oh-really said so.....so it must be their fault.;) , and I think you will find the correct spelling is Fauxnews :P

maebach
05-07-2006, 04:22 PM
when there's a gathering of enemies, who look like they dislike the Brits or americans, I think they should drop 1 bomb and finish them.

j2k4
05-07-2006, 09:11 PM
...and I think you will find the correct spelling is Fauxnews :P

Pronounced FOH-NEWS? :huh:

I think that was a bit of a reach; it just doesn't work at all. :no2:

vidcc
05-07-2006, 09:37 PM

Oh come on...you know all their viewers talk like jeff foh-worthy and just "might be a redneck ";)

j2k4
05-07-2006, 10:53 PM

Oh come on...you know all their viewers talk like jeff foh-worthy and just "might be a redneck ";)

All this name-calling and denigrating commentary because I called you a "liberal"? :huh:

vidcc
05-07-2006, 11:06 PM
All this name-calling and denigrating commentary because I called you a "liberal"? :huh: :huh: