PDA

View Full Version : Help?

Fyren
05-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Its a shame, I just figured out this newsgroup business and there are no anime for it. Bittorrent is
great for popular anime with seeds ( boxtorrents), but this newsgroup stuff is f'in amazing.

I have d/l almost all of the popular seeded animes in boxtorrent's first few pages, and looking for more

Are there any sites like boxtorrents that carry nzb files for complete animes?. I see that some newsgroups do have anime but only in parts and not completed series (even then, the anime choices arn't great).

yarivot26
05-07-2006, 05:59 PM
if you are looking for an anime that's not licensed in America try AnimeSuki.com
Some private trackers like TB or BitMeTv has packages of diffrent anime's.
mininova.org also has a large section of anime links

danne
05-07-2006, 06:10 PM
I doubt you'll find any site that go with nzb. Anime has primarily been fed to the leechers on IRC since the dawn of digital fansubbing. Lots of it still goes on IRC. There never was much going over newsgroups, and I fully doubt there ever will be either.

However, it's usually like this:
New releases: BT/IRC, after a while the larger other p2p gets it as well (dc++, emule etc)
Older: Might still be found on BT if you are lucky, probably IRC, definitly dc++/emule.

Anyways, if you are looking for older stuff (1year+) that isn't available on box (stuff that is licenced by f.ex ADV), my advice is going dc++, emule or irc. Personally I usually use dc++, but I haven't had the need for several months now.

Fyren
05-09-2006, 02:50 PM
if you are looking for an anime that's not licensed in America try AnimeSuki.com
Some private trackers like TB or BitMeTv has packages of diffrent anime's.
mininova.org also has a large section of anime links

Yea. I dumped animesuki long time ago for boxtorrents. I am looking for complete anime like box but that contains nzb of complete anime.

Fyren
05-09-2006, 02:51 PM
I doubt you'll find any site that go with nzb. Anime has primarily been fed to the leechers on IRC since the dawn of digital fansubbing. Lots of it still goes on IRC. There never was much going over newsgroups, and I fully doubt there ever will be either.

However, it's usually like this:
New releases: BT/IRC, after a while the larger other p2p gets it as well (dc++, emule etc)
Older: Might still be found on BT if you are lucky, probably IRC, definitly dc++/emule.

Anyways, if you are looking for older stuff (1year+) that isn't available on box (stuff that is licenced by f.ex ADV), my advice is going dc++, emule or irc. Personally I usually use dc++, but I haven't had the need for several months now.

Gah!!. Noooo. Yes I've been using IRC in the old days till I hopped on animesuki to boxtorrents. I was just hoping that there was a website like boxtorrents but with nzb listed. Beats seeding and d/l it at 1/7 of the newsgroup speeds. Well thanks anyhow

danne
05-09-2006, 04:55 PM
I don't find it very strange. News-servers carrying the binary groups have declined over the past 10 years, the amount of ISPs having their own news-servers has declined even more. It's a too uncertain and shortlived way of distribution.

It's not so strange, it costs a shiteload to keep a server up to date, not to mention the space and bandwidth it uses.