PDA

View Full Version : Zacarias Moussaoui gets life sentence

peat moss
05-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Was wondering what you people thought about that . Should he have got the death penalty ?

Zacarias Moussaoui, the only person convicted for involvement in the September 11 terrorist attacks, will be sentenced to life in prison on Thursday after a jury on Wednesday decided that he should not receive the death penalty.The decision to sentence Mr Moussaoui to life in prison without parole was a big blow to the Bush administration, which had argued his involvement in the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon warranted the death penalty. "America, you lost…I won," Mr Moussaoui shouted, before clapping, while being led out of the Alexandria, Virginia, courtroom.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.asp?feed=FT&Date=20060503&ID=5693281

Mr JP Fugley
05-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Doesn't it have to be a unanimous verdict for death to be an option?

Oh and no, no he shouldn't have been sentenced to death.

peat moss
05-07-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure Mr JP , we don't have capital punishment in Canada . I thought it was good as well let him languish in jail with out the virgins . But makes one wonder what the US government thought about it .

Mr JP Fugley
05-07-2006, 08:16 PM
As I understand it and I stand to be corrected, the death penalty was only an option if the jury returned a unanimous guilty verdict. As it transpired it was a majority, so life without hope of parole was the highest option. (That may even have been mandatory, I haven't looked into it.)

I don't know if that's the case everywhere the death penalty is available, or if it is dependent on where the trial was held.

peat moss
05-07-2006, 08:53 PM
I guess its a moot point if you were a family member watching the trial , when he Moussaoui gave the victory sign .

Still think justice was served tho, let his mom visit him in prison for the rest of his life .

Yoga
05-07-2006, 11:19 PM
Wonder why he didn't kill himself? Blow up youself up for allah!

Busyman™
05-07-2006, 11:47 PM
I think don't think he deserved the death penalty.

Apparently he knew something about the hijacking plan but didn't tell anyone. He was an "almost" hijacker that attended flight school. He didn't plan the attacks.

His crime was what he knew and his intentions. He didn't actually do shit.

That doesn't warrant death at all.:dry:

HeavyMetalParkingLot
05-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Apparently he knew something about the hijacking plan but didn't tell anyone. He was an "almost" hijacker that attended flight school. He didn't plan the attacks.

Now, he claims he did not know anything about it whatsoever, and is crying for a new trial.

Busyman™
05-08-2006, 10:30 PM

Now, he claims he did not know anything about it whatsoever, and is crying for a new trial.
As most people thought in the first place. He was a low-level player.

Nice going. He gets life shooting his mouth off. I hope he rots in prison.

Mr JP Fugley
05-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Agreed.

j2k4
05-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Ooooops-

Now he's innocent (just ask him) and wants a retrial.

The judge apparently informed him he was two (2) business days too late with his change of heart.

Busyman™
05-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Ooooops-

Now he's innocent (just ask him) and wants a retrial.

The judge apparently informed him he was two (2) business days too late with his change of heart.
:lol: :lol: I love it.

peat moss
05-10-2006, 01:21 AM
I guess my whole point was if it was better for us , if his fellow martyr's see him rot in prison instead of going out in a blaze of glory . Is a prison break out in their plans ? :lol:

maebach
05-10-2006, 02:02 AM

I hope he gets raped in prison.

j2k4
05-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Pick the right prison and put him in general population; someone will take care of him in such a way as to forestall the question of martyrdom, I think.

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 10:01 PM
I know a chap who was a prison guard for 8 years.

Apparently it's not as much fun as folk think. Being a prisoner that is.

j2k4
05-10-2006, 11:54 PM
I know a chap who was a prison guard for 8 years.

Apparently it's not as much fun as folk think. Being a prisoner that is.

Corrections isn't much fun for anybody, the way I've heard it.

It's kind of serious.

Skiz
05-13-2006, 09:03 AM
He is now attempting to appeal his life sentence now that the judge laughed at his plea appeal.

If you listen carefully, I believe you may hear the appellate level laughing as well. :no2:

j2k4
05-13-2006, 12:27 PM
He is now attempting to appeal his life sentence now that the judge laughed at his plea appeal.

If you listen carefully, I believe you may hear the appellate level laughing as well. :no2:

I think there is a lesser level of martyrdom for those who provoke laughter...