PDA

View Full Version : Which would you prefer?

Sextent
05-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Your country winning the World Cup.

or

Your club winning the Champions League.

manker
05-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Country winning the World Cup.

No contest, really.

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Country winning the World Cup.

No contest, really.
:lol:

There's more chance of me giving up onanism than your Country winning the World Cup.

Sorry if that's overly harsh.

manker
05-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Pas de tout, I think we have an excellent chance of getting to the semi-finals in 2007.

With a bit of bonne chance, we could even get to the final.

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Pas de tout, I think we have an excellent chance of getting to the semi-finals in 2007.

You're also pish at egg chasing now.

Even Jim (cup of tea) Henson has lost his burd.

manker
05-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Has he really?

You must have been reading Hello! magazine recently because I seem to have missed that snippet in its entirety.

Busyman™
05-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Your country winning the World Cup.

or

Your club winning the Champions League.
The World Cup. :smilie4:

DorisInsinuate
05-11-2006, 12:30 AM
If I supported an Amerkin team I would think it was the bestest thing ever if they won the Champions League.

Pfft, it's not like Amerka had to put much effort in to qualifying for the World Cup anyway.

Barbarossa
05-11-2006, 09:01 AM
I actually can't decide. :emo:

I think if either of the above actually happened, the news that flying pigs must have landed on a blue moon would have me too distracted to properly appreciate it. :dabs:

Cheese
05-11-2006, 11:09 AM
My club team to win the World Cup.

Barbarossa
05-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Has he really?

You must have been reading Hello! magazine recently because I seem to have missed that snippet in its entirety.

Yeah, my CC radar has not picked that up either :ermm: It's not even in the (online) Sun, which is where I usually go for my regular CC fix :pinch:

maebach
05-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Canada winning the World Cup is impossible, and Aston Villa winning the Champions League is implausable :ermm: :lookaroun

Peerzy
05-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Canada winning the World Cup is impossible, and Aston Villa winning the Champions League is implausable :ermm: :lookaroun

Switch those two around, Villa are shit.

England for the WC ftw!

Chewie
05-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Being a United fan I accept the likelihood of us ever winning the Champions League is a million to one.
This makes it a close-run thing... England for the World cup.

Yeah, I know I have a Welsh flag under my avatar - that's my father's side; mum's English.

Mr JP Fugley
05-11-2006, 09:02 PM
My club team to win any fucking Cup for the love of fuck.
Understandable

j2k4
05-11-2006, 10:19 PM

I know very little about Wales' chances at the World Cup, but if it's odds would be helped substantially by a dollop of that French luck you mention, one could deduce that Wales must be shit just now....

But then, what do I know? :P

BTW-

USA winning the WC would be a fine thing indeed. :)

Fromagepas
05-11-2006, 11:34 PM

I know very little about Wales' chances at the World Cup, but if it's odds would be helped substantially by a dollop of that French luck you mention, one could deduce that Wales must be shit just now....

BTW-

He's talking about Rugby mate.

j2k4
05-12-2006, 12:44 AM

BTW-

What an asshole, eh? :D

Busyman™
05-12-2006, 01:22 AM

What an asshole, eh? :D
Funny though that while it'll be great if America won, it just wouldn't mean that much to the average joe American. It is still soccer.

When is it on again? I think ESPN and ABC are showing it. Too bad whoever is showing won't make much money but will spend a lot.

Mr JP Fugley
05-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Funny though that while it'll be great if America won, it just wouldn't mean that much to the average joe American.
You talk some pish sometimes.

North Americans might not give a fuck however to South Americans it's a matter of life and death. They take it as seriously, if not more so than Europeans.

Cheese
05-12-2006, 06:06 PM
I'd be pretty amazed if USA won a World Cup in football or rugby, they're better off sticking to their cute little domestic sports that no-one but them cares about (though having said that, they do seem to lose at international tournaments of those sports as well...).

j2k4
05-12-2006, 07:16 PM
I'd be pretty amazed if USA won a World Cup in football or rugby, they're better off sticking to their cute little domestic sports that no-one but them cares about (though having said that, they do seem to lose at international tournaments of those sports as well...).

Yeah-we'd pretty much have to cheat to win, just like always.

And don't forget that when we have won, it's with immigrants and ex-slaves, not Native Americans, so it doesn't really count. ;)

Mr JP Fugley
05-12-2006, 07:22 PM

And don't forget that when we have won, it's with immigrants and ex-slaves, not Native Americans, so it doesn't really count. ;)
American teams win the World Cup loads.

Cheese
05-12-2006, 09:07 PM

A team made up of Apache Indians would pwn.

Fromagepas
05-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Racist

j2k4
05-12-2006, 09:32 PM
I could probably round up a squad of Ojibwas who would pwn. ;)

Fromagepas
05-12-2006, 09:41 PM
which

Busyman™
05-12-2006, 11:41 PM
I totally agree...well besides the Olympics. So many of us watched that. :mellow:

America got their ass kicked in international play in basketball and baseball. In basketball we stunk for the last 4 years (Olympics and World Championships).
Americans are into their domestic sports (however not little) and give little care to the outside. The USA is a world of it's own, in a sense.

Hell, the NBA Playoffs have been great this year even though my Wizards got outted in the first round.:angry: I thought I'd be attending at least 5 playoff games this year.:pinch:

j2k4
05-13-2006, 01:53 AM
which

Indians.

I live on the Rez.

Thought I'd mentioned this; my kids are tribal.

Fromagepas
05-13-2006, 09:02 AM
which

Indians.

I live on the Rez.

"I could probably round up a squad of Ojibwas who which would pwn. "

Fromagepas
05-13-2006, 09:05 AM
The USA is a world of it's own, in a sense.

j2k4
05-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Indians.

I live on the Rez.

In a world of my pwn, eh?

Mr JP Fugley
05-13-2006, 01:54 PM

in a sense.

j2k4
05-13-2006, 02:07 PM
in a sense.

Needing work in the area of sensibility, wouldn't you say? :)

Fromagepas
05-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Or move to Texas, Austen sounds nice.

j2k4
05-13-2006, 03:46 PM

Not.

The prevailing temperatures there are Hellish and I shan't abide them.

BTW-

It's Austin.

Mr JP Fugley
05-13-2006, 05:11 PM

It's Austin.
Not apropos sense and sensibility.

j2k4
05-13-2006, 07:28 PM
It's Austin.
Not apropos sense and sensibility.

Nor Jane Austen.

GlennGlenn
05-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Club winning CL ^_^

Celerystalksme
05-23-2006, 04:17 AM
My club has already won the CL 5 times...so i think i would like to see Australia win the world cup more.

But saying that seeing the lads win another CL just to shove it in the face of the chav & scum gobshytes would be nice =D

manker
05-23-2006, 08:56 AM
My club has already won the CL 5 timesWhy is it that scousers can never tell the difference between the Champions League and the European Cup.

It's like they're some kind of sub-species.

Cheese
05-23-2006, 10:13 AM
If the ghost of David Rocastle visited you and said he could Jim'll Fix It for your country to win the World Cup but the team you hated the most would win the Champions European Cup League (or whatever it's called) would you accept?

manker
05-23-2006, 10:40 AM
If the ghost of David Rocastle visited you and said he could Jim'll Fix It for your country to win the World Cup but the team you hated the most would win the Champions European Cup League (or whatever it's called) would you accept?Yes I would.

The Champions League has been cheapened anyhow by peon teams winning it in 2004 and 2005, it's not such a big deal as it was back at the very end of the last century.

Celerystalksme
05-23-2006, 12:11 PM
If the ghost of David Rocastle visited you and said he could Jim'll Fix It for your country to win the World Cup but the team you hated the most would win the Champions European Cup League (or whatever it's called) would you accept?

Its the only way a English team other than Liverpool will win the EUROPEAN CUP/ CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

Celerystalksme
05-23-2006, 12:12 PM
My club has already won the CL 5 timesWhy is it that scousers can never tell the difference between the Champions League and the European Cup.

This coming from a Welshman?

manker
05-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Why is it that scousers can never tell the difference between the Champions League and the European Cup.

Well spotted.

Whoever said that home-schooled kids never amount to anything should looky here. You just made your parents proud by correctly identifying a Welsh flag.

Congrats :)

Cheese
05-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Its the only way a English team other than Liverpool will win the EUROPEAN CUP/ CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

Perhaps you could haggle a Premiership title for Liverpool out of David Rocastle's ghost instead, I understand Liverpool have never won a Premiership title since its inception in 1992.

Which brings me to another point. It's not really the Champions League is it? They should rename it the Ah, Well You Did Well Enough On You Go League.

Celerystalksme
05-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Well spotted.

Whoever said that home-schooled kids never amount to anything should looky here. You just made your parents proud by correctly identifying a Welsh flag.

Wow i never knew supporting a certain football team upset so many people on here. Fark, i'll just keep my football posts on a proper sporting forum then.

Never knew you were so precious, manker.

Chip Monk
05-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Well spotted.

Wow i never knew supporting a certain football team upset so many people on here. Fark, i'll just keep my football posts on a proper sporting forum then.
You Ozzie chaps can get so touch about supporting your team. Get to Anfield much?

Celerystalksme
05-23-2006, 04:12 PM
You Ozzie chaps can get so touch about supporting your team. Get to Anfield much?

Well spotted.

Whoever said that home-schooled kids never amount to anything should looky here. You just made your parents proud by correctly identifying an Australian flag.

*jokes*...I have been to a lot of sporting events and i've gone to see all my Australian sporting teams at least once. Im hopefully going to Europe in December and will go to Anfield then. But no, i havent been to Anfield (its a bit hard when you have a shit currency and your over 20 hours away).

Cheese
05-23-2006, 04:33 PM
How does one choose to support a team thousands of miles away? I support my team because of family, I have friends who support the local team where they grew up and I know some cunts who support teams that do/did well*. Which are you?

*lots of Liverpool fans in their 20's who supported them during the 80's when they were kids and were never cured.

Barbarossa
05-23-2006, 04:43 PM

Well spotted.

Whoever said that home-schooled kids never amount to anything should looky here. You just made your parents proud by correctly identifying an Australian flag.

I knew it was some colonial emblem, but I can never be sure which one... However the fact you put "Location: Australia" in your profile was a bit more of a giveaway for me :ermm:

manker
05-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Well spotted.

Never knew you were so precious, manker.You know what, I never knew I was so precious.

I was reading back thro' what I'd written in the day, to amuse myself as I often do of an evening, and I saw that I took the piss out of someone.

I was like Oh. My. God.

Celerystalksme
05-23-2006, 06:53 PM
How does one choose to support a team thousands of miles away? I support my team because of family, I have friends who support the local team where they grew up and I know some cunts who support teams that do/did well*. Which are you?

*lots of Liverpool fans in their 20's who supported them during the 80's when they were kids and were never cured.

When i was 6 i started playing football and i used to watch the english premier league all the time because that was the only league that was shown here. I decided to choose Liverpool, also spured on because my Dad was a Manc fan. So i actually started supporting them in 1990.

I have to defend myself on this forum now.

manker
05-23-2006, 06:58 PM
:lol: No you don't. Rise above it, take the piss right back or whatever.

The only time I've ever seriously defended myself was when I bought a bin for the missus at Xmas. The chavs were all like 'zomg, mank. wtf?' I was like 'stfu, plz'.

In the end, everyone agreed that it was quite a nice gesture :smilie4:

Celerystalksme
05-23-2006, 06:58 PM

Never knew you were so precious, manker.You know what, I never knew I was so precious.

I was reading back thro' what I'd written in the day, to amuse myself as I often do of an evening, and I saw that I took the piss out of someone.

I was like Oh. My. God.

I know. How do you sleep at night?

Celerystalksme
05-23-2006, 06:59 PM

The only time I've ever seriously defended myself was when I bought a bin for the missus at Xmas. The chavs were all like 'zomg, mank. wtf?' I was like 'stfu, plz'.

How can i rise above being labelled a scouser when i havent even stepped a foot inside Liverpool?

Cheese
05-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Australians are descended from scousers, in fact they are a breed of uber-scousers.

Celerystalksme
05-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Australians are descended from scousers, in fact they are a breed of uber-scousers.

So thats why we beat England at football...its all making sense now =p

Mr JP Fugley
05-23-2006, 07:37 PM

Well spotted.

*jokes*...I have been to a lot of sporting events and I've gone to see all my Australian sporting teams at least once. I'm hopefully going to Europe in December and will go to Anfield then. But no, I havent been to Anfield (its a bit hard when you have a shit currency and you're over 20 hours away).

Nah, I didn't see the flag, it's just because you were acting like a cawk.

manker
05-23-2006, 08:26 PM

How can i rise above being labelled a scouser when i havent even stepped a foot inside Liverpool?If you know something to be untrue, wouldn't that mean it's particularly easy to rise above.

Anyhow, to me the word 'scouser' is onomatopoeic, rather than a term to denote a place of origin.

Mr JP Fugley
05-23-2006, 10:08 PM
How can i rise above being labelled a scouser when i havent even stepped a foot inside Liverpool?If you know something to be untrue, wouldn't that mean it's particularly easy to rise above.

Anyhow, to me the word 'scouser' is onomatopoeic, rather than a term to denote a place of origin.

Are you suffering from poor rod syndrome.

manker
05-24-2006, 09:46 AM
I should have written a disclaimer but I got so gosh darn excited because I finally had reason to write "the word 'scouser' is onomatopoeic" :happy:

Cheese
05-24-2006, 12:57 PM
I'd prefer Sunderland to come bottom of the league and only win 3 games all season than NUFC to win anything. Well, okay, maybe not prefer but it's a decent consolation. Middlesboro getting beat 4-0 in the UEFA Cup final helped ease the pain as well.

sankaK
06-09-2006, 06:05 AM
oooooobviously, country. if they ever make it. :mellow:

Seedler
06-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Country winning World Cup, Ovi:dry: