PDA

View Full Version : Demonoid Open Tracker?

Dedalus^
05-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Hey guys,

I just went on demonoid, and i wasn't logged in...

I clicked to download a torrent file, and it let me! (it lets me browse too, obviously)

Does this mean the tracker is open now? There goes the download speed...

ilikechikin
05-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Download speed? I never had good speeds on anything there, but to your point it does seem to be open right now. That's weird.

2kool4skool
05-12-2006, 01:14 AM
that relli does suck!

Ronhrin
05-12-2006, 12:51 PM
already registered :)

sear
05-12-2006, 01:16 PM
May be registered but so is everyone else... Can anyone use Demonoid?? me thinks so I was using ISO Hunt and surprise surprise demonoid was the tracker. I know alot of people have reported this. If they don't enforce ratios and anyone can just use the tracker it may as well be public. but still it has an alright selection of torrents...even if it is slow.

rand
05-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Yea, like sear, I found mininova has a lot of torrents cross-linked to demonoid and you don't have to be registered. I still find the speeds demonoid tracker to be quite good, but they're definitely not enforcing ratios. When I was registered there, my stats weren't updating correctly, even using azureus and waiting for the 24 hr lag, so I deleted my account.

luSSSh
05-15-2006, 12:54 AM
I use demonoid and they do have external tracker on the site aswell as privatre. i get speed but not from the external trackers. they do have a ratio system but only get updated once a day

sear
05-15-2006, 05:33 AM
I use demonoid and they do have external tracker on the site aswell as privatre. i get speed but not from the external trackers. they do have a ratio system but only get updated once a day

Yes tru they do have a ratio system but they never ban anyone because it's too easy to fool. all said though I still use it a fair bit I like the selection and I find it's still faster than public sites.

Dedalus^
05-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Hmm wierd tho. I tried downloading something not logged in, but once i logged in my ratio updated.... Yeah but you guys are right, they do not enforce their ratios well enough.... download speeds are getting slower and slower!

paurna
05-16-2006, 03:08 PM
demonoid has been an open tracker for a long time now.but the speeds are always quite low.

bhakku
05-18-2006, 01:21 AM
My speeds have been fast on demonoid. It's currently down and I'm hoping that it's not permanent. It's one of the few sites with audio books which is one of my main- nonmusic downloads.

Dedalus^
05-18-2006, 02:26 AM
well, bitme is much better in terms of e-books,

but demonoid does have a large selection of.. well everything.
True the speeds aren't that great, but sometimes, you can only find the stuff on demonoid. And... if its not that urgent, why not wait a bit? :)

bhakku
05-18-2006, 02:35 AM
I just checked out bitme- I guess it's invite only. Ironic heading:"because knowledge must be free". I don't have the connections to get on any of the invite sites and I guess I don't know what I'm missing so I'm ok with what demonoid has.

bichee99
05-18-2006, 04:01 AM
Are you guys actually connected to the tracker? or is it just DHT? I suspect it is the later. Although demonoid discourages use of DHT among its users, it does not punish by banning users who have DHT enabled. I guess the freedom headline is there for a reason ;)

Rsync
05-18-2006, 06:30 AM
demonoid has been an open tracker for a long time now.but the speeds are always quite low.
Not true, Demonoid's speeds for me are Ok.

M@d_H@773r
05-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Demonoid lets you (presumably your IP address) download 3 torrents a week if you don't have an account there. Found that out the hard way and had to scrounge an invite.

So it's open to a limit.