PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With The Forum And My Computer.

dmorgan89
04-28-2003, 09:13 PM
Ok somethings wierd here. Here at home on my computer sometimes i see new posts and old posts and sometimes i dont. Sometimes i can't even see my own posts. So when i post and i look for it it's not there. And i wonder what's up and i just think maybe i did somethign wrong. but when i go to school and check the website i can see it. so i wonder maybe it's fixed. so i go back home and check it and i can't see it no more. why does this happen?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-28-2003, 10:49 PM
:blink: Ummmm.....could you repeat that please? :blink:

Curley
04-28-2003, 11:07 PM
Apparantly it happens to a few of us. You can find a thread about it HERE (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=27619) :)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-28-2003, 11:14 PM
;) Never really had that problem.Good directing him to the right thread. :D

Curley
04-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Well, it seems like people don't realise we have a search button (and guys - i'm not having a go at people here, i'm just being truthful. It took me a few weeks to realise there was some FAQ's!)

Jibbler
04-28-2003, 11:33 PM
When I started here, I never used the search button. I had more fun just reading through everyone's posts. Now I feel like I'm a member of the "thread police." :)

[B][O][T]
04-29-2003, 04:54 AM
Using a different OS at school? Which webbrowser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape, Mozilla) et. cetera

Firewalls? Accepting cookies? Internet Security high, medium or low?

BOT

RedRival
04-29-2003, 06:57 AM
Hey posting here can become an addiction...

I signed up months ago and realised I haven't been around since, so I came back for a look about a week ago. I was posting heaps after then, can't belief I actually posted 180+ posts in about a wk. Well it seems appropriate now considering the fact I refresh my browser every 5-10minutes to check for new replies, that's how sick I was. I just went on a cold turkey session for 3 days but looks like its got the better and I'm back muahahaha!. :lol:

So fora-ly stoned <_< .

vegeta
04-29-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by dmorgan89@28 April 2003 - 22:13
Ok somethings wierd here. Here at home on my computer sometimes i see new posts and old posts and sometimes i dont. Sometimes i can&#39;t even see my own posts. So when i post and i look for it it&#39;s not there. And i wonder what&#39;s up and i just think maybe i did somethign wrong. but when i go to school and check the website i can see it. so i wonder maybe it&#39;s fixed. so i go back home and check it and i can&#39;t see it no more. why does this happen?
u must clear the temp internet files.then i think it will not happien :P

dmorgan89
04-29-2003, 02:49 PM
yes at school i use win98 and at home i use xp. and at home i&#39;m on norton firewall. but i clear my temp internet files about once or twice a month. and the webbrower i use is ie. happens kind of like a netsplit with me. i see some and some i dont.

Nightwolf
05-01-2003, 07:13 AM
Sounds like a browser refresh problem to me. If you use IE, go to Tools - Internet Options and click on &#39;Delete Files...&#39; (under Temporary Internet files) to clear your cache. Then click on &#39;Settings&#39; and select &#39;Every visit to the page&#39;. You might not want to do this if you&#39;re on a 56k connection, though.

Also, the optimal size for your cache should be 80MB.

Ad
05-02-2003, 01:13 PM
just press the refresh button ;)