PDA

View Full Version : Windows Volume Control Problems

lightshow
05-14-2006, 04:07 PM
I own a dell inspiration 2100 laptop.

It has an integrated soundcard. Now my problem is the Mic Input.

Before I did a driver update (through windows update) for the soundcard, the mic option in the Windows Volume Control looked normal with the mute box on the bottom then the slider so you can control the level of input.

Now, after I installed the update, it changed the layout of the volume control. Now instead of the mute checkbox there is a "select" checkbox and it is automatically selected.

I went through advanced controls and checked all the other options like line in and anything similiar to make sure they were not on mute too.

And with that configuration, I can't make the mic input be off mute. The only way I can do it is to open a 3rd party program (cyberlink powerdirector, a video editing program) and go to its sound recording option and it will force the mic settings to be on.

Now, is there a 3rd party software program that does a better job than the Windows Volume Control that I can use to operate my audio/mic settings?

peat moss
05-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Roll back the driver maybe its corrupted or older if you got from Winupdate .

Check here for proper sound driver :

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=INS_PNT_P3C_2100&os=WW1&osl=EN#

lightshow
05-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Ah yeah. Driver rollback. Good idea, I'll give it a try.