PDA

View Full Version : Best Movie Player

Ma5t3rM1nD
04-29-2003, 08:40 AM
Well I recently downloaded a XvID movie file. The quality seems very good and I am 100% sure that it ain't the video file causing these problems. Anyways everytime I try to play this video file I have been getting a problem. . .
Windows Media Player 9 Series - Keeps freezing can't seem to play the file without freezing every few frames. This cause a drag type of effect of the picture.
The normal Windows Media Player- Also freeze's at time sometimes the drag type affect also no colour the whole screen is just green.
Zoom Player- Same as above
Divx 5.0.2-Again same
The only one that seems to play without problems is Virtual Dub which I find weird since Virtual Dub ain't desgined for playing videos. But anyway I have also tryed the player that comes with the K Lite codec pack and the colour issue comes along. So does anyone else have know a good player that I could try and see how that goes?

Darth Sushi
04-29-2003, 08:57 AM
What's your system spec?

ck-uk
04-29-2003, 08:57 AM
M8 the green muss is normaly caused by either the codecs hav'nt install correctly
or one or two are conflictin.
U could tri reintallin or find a different xvid codec
or reinstallin all the ones u have now again carefully or one
by one (c which 1's causin the prob)

powerdvd :) :)

Livy
04-29-2003, 10:36 AM
i use winamp for my vids, works well, also unistall all codecs and install the k-lite codec pack,
you can get it from the main site, or my mirror below.

Razz
04-29-2003, 10:52 AM
Your best bet is properly to uninstall the codecs u have and then install the k-lite codec pack and use bsplayer which comes with that, and i have to say that bsplayer in my opinion is the best media player available
:)

the codec pack also has loads of codecs which should fix ur problem

DarthInsinuate
04-29-2003, 01:02 PM
i'm on modem so i can't be arsed to get the full codec pack

i recommend the basic pack and d/l BSPlayer seperately, which by the way is great

six
04-30-2003, 08:29 PM
Try vlc(www.videolan.org).

{I}{K}{E}
04-30-2003, 08:36 PM
BSplayer is a very good program !!

R81
04-30-2003, 09:27 PM
My preference goes to BSplayer too... :D

Ma5t3rM1nD
04-30-2003, 10:55 PM
I have been using the Full K Lite codec pack without any other codecs installed and it is still giving the same results. Also everytime I try to open up the video file in BSplayer it frezzes up.

ck-uk
05-01-2003, 07:42 AM
nWa Th3 NeW GeN3rAtIoN
uninstall the k/l codec pack and find standalone codecs
like divx5.05 XviD-04102002-1 nothing against the effert gone in to
makin' the k/l codec pack but all packs r nothin' but problems.. no need for half the shit they put on ur system..just confusun.
u could use k/l pack just for the audio codecs.
and imo powerdvd is the best player out there for media,mpeg dvd
i've used it for yrs and it's play every file i've asked it to perfect. :)
:)

kobe8fan
05-01-2003, 09:00 AM
try crystal player Click Here! (http://www.crystalplayer.com) its a nice player, try it