PDA

View Full Version : Housewives, I Salute You.

100%
05-21-2006, 07:44 PM
To all housewives since the begining of time,
I finally understand your pain
as of two weeks ago
i have undergone the emancipated version of "dad leave"
where i take care of Il Bambino for two months with full pay.

ofcourse there are giggly,sweet moments

I tell you, i prefer to go back to work.

It is non stop attention seeking, entertaining, mind reading, feeding, cleaning
you don't get five minutes to do "real" things other than mind your kid.

Its smooth if you have nothing else to do than take care of the baby
but
if other things come in, yes i do have a life - it gets reeeaaally heavy.

Yes he does sleep for 1.5hrs in morning and 45min in afternoon which gives me,

what ?

a few seconds to, land, recalculate transform my brain back to myself and then he wakes up and it starts all over.

Worst is the wife coming home, asking what i did today,dissapointed with efficiency compared to her firm.
then she expects me to make fucking dinner.
and then all washed out you finally may get a few seconds to do your own thing unless the the wife needs you for...

yes
i
feel
0wn3d,

What happened to my life?

Need Zen Dad tips

vidcc
05-21-2006, 09:19 PM
I can't really offer anything on the "role reversal" bit, I'm sure you will get into a routine soon enough, but on the child... It may be overbearing right now zed and even though your sanity seems doomed think of it this way.
How many fathers miss things like the first time the child crawls, walks or says its first word, because they are out at work. Think how lucky you are to have extra "together time" to bond.
Sure you may miss the freedom "your life" once had and you may sometimes wonder if you were ready to be a parent at all. It does take a radical change of attitude.
Cherish this challenge with all your heart, for no matter how much film you take or how sweet the memories, you only get to live the moment once with each child.

Barbarossa
05-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Mrs Barbarossa is videoing that stuff for me, so I don't feel like I'm missing out at all :smilie4:

Anyway, I agree with you 100% :mellow:

Some days I'm glad I have to go out to work for a rest! :lol:

100%
05-23-2006, 06:32 PM
@Vidcc - indeed thank you for your reply, i agree it is important for the kid and me. Yes the general atitude in the past was alot less emancipated. I am simply in shock with how much work it requires, i thought it would be more free time.
With house building it gets complicated. Your right need to let go.

@Barbz - He is great as a conversation starter with strangers :shifty:

Why women didn't riot before i have no clue.

j2k4
05-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Women are the best (the ones who embrace the responsibility of motherhood, anyway), and deserve every accolade for their toils, but, as vid said, a father owes it to his child to give all that he can, and owes himself any opportunity that arises to shoulder the rest of the burden, if only temporarily.

You should not be caught unaware if circumstances conspire to leave you in charge of your child, Zed.

We do not owe our children money or material goods or anything else, apart from ourselves and our love.

The ability to survive and thrive knowing life throws a mean curve sometimes is perhaps the greatest gift we can give as parents.

I think you know that already, but practical experience with other-than-optimal situations has tremendous benefit.

peat moss
05-27-2006, 01:25 AM
I took time off work when our youngest was born , time well spent . Your going to be a great Dad 100% .

I 'm kind of a clean freak so wifely has no complaints with me but have taught the little one to vacuum the living room and make beds . She always appreciated the effort us Boys took . Its a hard job and takes two to explain to the children that housework matters .

I taught my sons how to iron clothes and cook before mowing the lawn , its a skill they will need in life .

j2k4
05-27-2006, 02:24 AM
I took time off work when our youngest was born , time well spent . Your going to be a great Dad 100% .

I 'm kind of a clean freak so wifely has no complaints with me but have taught the little one to vacuum the living room and make beds . She always appreciated the effort us Boys took . Its a hard job and takes two to explain to the children that housework matters .

I taught my sons how to iron clothes and cook before mowing the lawn , its a skill they will need in life .

Too true.

Men have been known to marry indiscriminately in order to have done these simple tasks, for want of the experience of doing it themselves.

Enough reason in itself to learn, I think...