PDA

View Full Version : Posting suggestion

Skiz
05-22-2006, 01:20 PM
I just realized that anything inside post quotes will not be accepted by the board as a post.

My last post was two quoted comments, but the board would not let me submit the post without typing something of my own.

Is this correctable? :huh:

Barbarossa
05-22-2006, 02:15 PM
I hope not.

Skiz
05-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Why? :blink:

tesco
05-22-2006, 03:58 PM
It's an option but we'll leave it how it is.

Barbarossa
05-22-2006, 04:04 PM

Because quite frankly I think you should contribute more than just quoting other people's posts.

Mr JP Fugley
05-22-2006, 04:53 PM

Because quite frankly I think you should contribute more than just quoting other people's posts.

Skiz
05-22-2006, 05:23 PM

If someone else's post answers a question then so be it. Just like inserting a link to a sticky or another post.

Should we also require that posters insert some arbitrary comment after inserting a link? :ermm:

Mr JP Fugley
05-22-2006, 06:07 PM

If someone else's post answers a question then so be it. Just like inserting a link to a sticky or another post.

Should we also require that posters insert some arbitrary comment after inserting a link? :ermm:
A pertinent comment would probably be better, but you stick to what you're good at.

Skiz
05-22-2006, 07:11 PM
Fantastic question dodging. Definitely your forte.

Mr JP Fugley
05-22-2006, 07:16 PM
The question,

"Should we also require that posters insert some arbitrary comment after inserting a link? "

was answered.

"A pertinent comment would probably be better, but you stick to what you're good at."

Or are you referring to another question.

Cheese
05-24-2006, 09:02 AM

As JP has shown you in post 6 it is already possible to do what you asked. I prefer to leave a comment myself whether I'm quoting or linking. Here are some examples for those who find posting on an interweb forum a bit of a chore.

Example 1

JP showed you how to already:

Example 2

JP showed you how to already: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1347142&postcount=6

Example 3 (the Busyman method)

How do I do stuff?
post 6

:happy:

j2k4
05-25-2006, 12:46 AM
I recognized this annoyance quite a while back.

It is often convenient (for me, anyway) to counter another's post by way of a sentence-by-sentence/paragraph-by-paragraph response (different color), without breaking up their post bite by bite.

The board won't accept this as a legit post without a "finisher" outside the quote.

I've acclimated, I guess. :mellow: