PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Season

Skiz
05-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Hurricane season will start in a couple months.

Construction and rebuilding in New Orleans and surrounding areas has been underway for around nine months now I believe. Wouldn't it seem logical to build improved levee's, walls, etc. prior to rebuilding everything and running the risk of having the city ruined again? :ermm:

What about improved pumping systems?

Maybe they have begun ground breaking on a wall and pump systems and I'm just not aware.

Anyone know about this or have any opinions?

vidcc
05-22-2006, 09:01 PM
I really hope that the levees are rebuilt to physical needs and not to "cost concerns". For some reason I am not that confident in this being the case.
We are a country that loves to build flimsy houses in high wind risk areas and houses made of kindling in high fire risk areas. The obvious is overlooked too often instead favouring cheaper solutions.... a false economy in my opinion.

Busyman™
05-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Hurricane season will start in a couple months.

Construction and rebuilding in New Orleans and surrounding areas has been underway for around nine months now I believe. Wouldn't it seem logical to build improved levee's, walls, etc. prior to rebuilding everything and running the risk of having the city ruined again? :ermm:

What about improved pumping systems?

Maybe they have begun ground breaking on a wall and pump systems and I'm just not aware.

Anyone know about this or have any opinions?
Hurricane season is part of the reason I'm going on my cruise next week. I don' wanna get caught on the Poseidon.:(

Ghost0
05-23-2006, 03:15 AM
Lol, if I was on Posiedon I would of jumped off the deck when I first saw the tidal wave (like the old man didn't do.):ph34r: