PDA

View Full Version : Banned for trading invites...

sear
05-23-2006, 04:15 AM
Hey all I just got banned by X264 for trading invites on this forum :frusty: Just a word of warning. I'm not sure if there is anyway around it except to be careful about which sites you trade with. Or maybe just post in the relevant thread that you will PM your offer to try and limit the damage. I was pissed off at first but oh well life goes on... :)

Rip The Jacker
05-23-2006, 04:32 AM
Shit happens man. =/

Change IP, clear cookies, get a new account?

sear
05-23-2006, 06:26 AM
My thoughts exactly. I could go through alot of trouble to get back on but to be honest it's just not worth it. It's not like it was oink then I'd have been pissed.

saif_amr
05-23-2006, 06:33 AM
I am too got banned by x246

It gives me this massage when I’m trying to log in "This account has been disabled."

This is become more series

A week ago I make trading for Bme invite vs. ukanova account
But when I got my invite my IP was banned and I’m not able to log to create the account for 3 days then I used dial up connection from other ISP to create it (I always checks this site and able to do so before I but my request)

and then I’m using ***** for both browsing and downloading from this site

So I think there is an IP leakage on our site FST

sear
05-23-2006, 06:56 AM
I am too got banned by x246

It gives me this massage when I知 trying to log in "This account has been disabled."

This is become more series

A week ago I make trading for Bme invite vs. ukanova account
But when I got my invite my IP was banned and I知 not able to log to create the account for 3 days then I used dial up connection from other ISP to create it (I always checks this site and able to do so before I but my request)

and then I知 using proxy for both browsing and downloading from this site

So I think there is an IP leakage on our site FST

Bummer. I know it was a wake up call for me I'll be alot more careful in the future all the other sites I belong to are still good. As for there being a leak I'm not so sure I think they just monitor all the Bittorrent forums to see whats going down and everyone who gave away invites in the X264 thread would have got done. bad luck realy but in hind site you could see it coming. I'm sure it's not the first time it's happened either.

Piyush Singh
05-23-2006, 07:02 AM
FTN too bans users trading invites.
Not exactly bans but removes ur invites & gives u a warning.
I have also seen instances of Acid-Lounge mods doing rounds of invites trading forums & banning users trading them.
So I insist that u give these sites a go when trading.
Thx.

sear
05-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Any one else been banned or know of sites that definitly take action. mite be an idea to get a list going. I know prety much all private trackers have a rule against it but it would be interesting to see which ones to be warry of.

Dawkins19312
05-23-2006, 06:10 PM
How do they find out?

ViOLATION
05-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Some admins might be a member of this site.

/hides

Dawkins19312
05-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah, even if they were members how do they find out?

ViOLATION
05-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Compare usernames, emails, etc...

j0hn
05-23-2006, 09:32 PM
alot of those sites tell u in their faq/rules NOT to trade invites on public forums.
this is indeed, a public forum.

its not filesharings responsibility to stop u doing this, its yours. if u dont want banned, respect that sites rules and dont share invites in public forums.

as for there being an "i.p leakage" here on fst, thats just nonsense. the sites that dont want u sharing on public forums, check the public forums. they know most of the main ones, and probably just do a forum search in the invites sections for "sitename" and "invite" being in the same post. alot of ppl put their email in these posts, and thats how it gets traced to them, and gets them banned. of they use the same username here on fst as on the private torrent site. or they might find out who the person who got invited was, and they can see from that who invited them.

theres many ways for them to find out ur doing this, and who u r. blaming it on an i.p leakage from these forums is just stupid.

saif_amr
05-23-2006, 11:24 PM
as for there being an "i.p leakage" here on fst, thats just nonsense. the sites that dont want u sharing on public forums, check the public forums. they know most of the main ones, and probably just do a forum search in the invites sections for "sitename" and "invite" being in the same post. alot of ppl put their email in these posts, and thats how it gets traced to them, and gets them banned. of they use the same username here on fst as on the private torrent site. or they might find out who the person who got invited was, and they can see from that who invited them.

theres many ways for them to find out ur doing this, and who u r. blaming it on an i.p leakage from these forums is just stupid.

1st thanx for the insult

I知 not going to argue with you as my Eng. will not help me but I will tell facts that can explain my
nonsense

1- I have been requested Bme invitation here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t118048-need+Bitme.org+for+TL+%26amp%3B+X264+and+SceneReactor.html) with no reply at this time I知 able to check the site from my IP

2- Another offer here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t118098-uknova+account+for+trade.html) and I received many PM and I picked the 1st one responded

3- I never post my email in public and my name is not registered on this tracker

4-the only one who knew my email is the one who invited me and I never revealed his name on or out this site, after sign up I checked this guy account and he is just normal user class member

5-after I got my invitation I am not able to view site any more or register from my IP, I switched my router off for an hour and I have another IP but also panned so they panning the IP range before my registration

So I think it will be stupid if I don稚 think about an IP leakage

ilikechikin
05-24-2006, 02:01 AM
They often ban entire IP ranges. This is not because of 'IP leakage' or anything like that. They aren't going to ban you before you register just because you asked for an invite.

Kirkedir
05-24-2006, 07:21 AM
5-after I got my invitation I am not able to view site any more or register from my IP, I switched my router off for an hour and I have another IP but also panned so they panning the IP range before my registration

So I think it will be stupid if I don稚 think about an IP leakage

Clean up all the cokies , get another ip and try again. ;)

sear
05-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Clean up all the cokies , get another ip and try again. ;)

Is there any way to get a new IP without switching my ISP as I have a fixed IP address. cuz I couldn't be arsed doing that. :D

raspberry1331
05-24-2006, 10:17 AM
actually bitme doest ban u because trading invites on forum, i know that for sure, ive checked their FAQ. so maybe, as illikechickin pointed it out, saif_amr u r in a banned range.

to sear: try to use proxy, though it didnt worked for me, cos checkin my ip it was shown as the proxy's by various checkin sites on the internet, but bitme could see my original IP. . (it could have been my fault, im not an expert in this.) maybe x264 cannot see it, u can try it.

nicwolverine
05-24-2006, 01:25 PM
This debate does depend on what you mean by trading invites !
If you mean selling them then all trackers will tan your hide.
If you mean doing swaps then this is a grey area.
I belong to many sites where as long as you know the person you are swapping invites with then there is no problem.

Sites do ban ip ranges as many people use a dynamic ip so ranges are banned to stop ppl coming back once they have cleared their cookies :-/

rguinn
05-24-2006, 03:40 PM
one really has to take precautions on a site by site basis. ironically, I got my oink invite (http://herograw.net/oink.txt) from a stranger. then again, it was in the oink invites irc channel.

I can't imagine there being anything wrong with trading invites if each person has checked the ratios of the other and found them acceptable..

sear
05-25-2006, 03:26 AM
to sear: try to use proxy, though it didnt worked for me, cos checkin my ip it was shown as the proxy's by various checkin sites on the internet, but bitme could see my original IP. . (it could have been my fault, im not an expert in this.) maybe x264 cannot see it, u can try it.

Yah I tried that but only got as far as the log in page thanks anyway :) does anyone know of another way...

Mugiwara
08-05-2006, 11:46 PM
They know in another forum site I saw a sumbass proving memebership and forgot to blockout his username from the tabs at the top of his page, a admin was a memeber and shut him down fast, it was 2 funny

suprafreak6
08-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Some admins might be a member of this site.

/hides

hahah hey ross find this funny? :lol:

BTMach
08-06-2006, 09:07 AM
I always blackout my username on screenshots, another good thing is to have an alternate handle on a site like this then on all the private trackers you are a member at, so when you make a post saying "i have TL, TB and FL, i am looking for ScT",
TL , TB and FL can't just look up your username on their site and ban you.
In conjuction w/ that, when asking to trade invites in public, do all the conversing via pm.

Vanguard
08-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Anyone who gets banned for publically trading invites, to sites which dont want them traded, deserves to get banned imo. The idea of invites is so the userbased is full of people who can be trusted, not just random people who, dont have an idea about anything.

at BTMach..all it needs is a PM to the mods of say this site, to ask for your ip or email addy...and your history on whatever site. If they dont want to be openly traded....DONt do it.

BTMach
08-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Anyone who gets banned for publically trading invites, to sites which dont want them traded, deserves to get banned imo. The idea of invites is so the userbased is full of people who can be trusted, not just random people who, dont have an idea about anything.

at BTMach..all it needs is a PM to the mods of say this site, to ask for your ip or email addy...and your history on whatever site. If they dont want to be openly traded....DONt do it.

Well even when i trade invites, i require screenshots of good ratios, and only trade w/ established users, i am not just giving them out.
Also, i connect to all sites i visit (w/ the exception of trackers) via a proxy, so even if a mod here was willing to give them the ip i connect w/ it wouldn't matter, i also registered here w/ an exclusive email addy i use nowhere else, so that wouldn't work either. And THIS site has a whole section devoted to invite trading, so relax :)

maxdm51
08-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Is there any topic/guide about all this invite thing? Never needed/used it before - mininova and pirate were doing job for me but looks like i'm losing contact with majority :D

j0hn
08-07-2006, 10:11 PM
the staff here won't give out ur i.p address.
if i thought for a second they would then i wouldn't use these forums.

the only thing they "might" do, is something like the following:

an account gets stolen, or something to that effect, and an admin from blah-torrents (example) may message a member of staff here, and say "is there anyone on here with the i.p 123.456.789.012
the staff here "might" confirm an i.p, or that a member here has that i.p, to help rid bad users. this isn't a bad thing, as u shouldnt go about stealing ppl's accounts.

under no circumstances though, would the staff here give a torrent site admin the i.p of a user who was trading invites.

Chewie
08-08-2006, 03:34 AM
We don't give out member IPs.

raspberry1331
08-08-2006, 07:32 AM
@sear: i know ur post been some time ago, but ive learned that there is a way of changing the IP: change ur network cards (or routers) MAC adress (google on how to do this) and then talk to ur ISP that you bought a new network card/router/computer/whatever (or at many ISP u can simply do this over the net somehow, but maybe then the order of things is a bit different). then they will reset the connection and hopefully u will get a new IP.