View Full Version : Best Notorious Big Songs

djong1
04-29-2003, 05:33 PM
What are the best Notorious BIG songs?

Schmiggy_JK23
04-30-2003, 07:26 AM
"juicy", "gimme the loot", "me and my bitch", big poppa", all from Read To Die

"hypnotize", Mo money, mo problems", "notorious thugs" from Life After Death

also check out, the colaboration, with 50 cent, name "niggas"....

another good biggy track, from the Junior Mafia album, "players anthem"

soopaman
04-30-2003, 07:47 AM
Kick In The Door

Who Shot Ya?

10 Crack Commandments

Niggas Bleed

Warning

One More Chance Remix feat Total

Schmiggy, is the track Niggas on the LP BORN AGAIN?? I have a copy and can't find or hear of any mention of "50 Pence". Have you got an unofficial, hooky track?? I hate those, always labelled as unreleased on Kazaa!!

Biggie Smalls is tha illest.

RIP B.I.G :(

djong1
04-30-2003, 09:49 AM
The song notorious aint bad either.

Skillian
04-30-2003, 09:59 AM
Maybe he's talking about the track "The Realest N****z", only collab with 50 Cent I know of. The original (?) of The Realest Label off the Invasion mixtape. Not sure if it's your sort of thing though soopa.

All been mentioned but favourite tracks are Gimme the Loot, Juicy, Big Poppa, Ten Crack Commandments, Party & Bulls**t.

Ready to Die is probably one of the top 5 hip hop albums ever tho, love the whole thing.

I also love that freestyle he did with 2pac and that idiot Shyheim that showed up on funkmaster flex and a few other mixtapes. You know the one:

When I throw my clip in the AK/I slay from far away/Everybody hit the D-E-C-K/My slow flows remarkable/Peace to Matteo/Now we smoke weed like Tony Montana sniff the yayo/That's crazy blunts, mad L's/My voice excels from the avenue to jailcells /Oh my God I'm droppin s**t like a pigeon/I hope you're listenin', smackin' babies at they christening.

That freestyle is just so damn good.

chloe_cc2002
04-30-2003, 10:14 AM
About 5 years ago first listened to a song by Bob Dylan called the Hurricane...big then product of a lot of things..his generation....the times..etc...dismissed it out of hand...someone told me the guy who sang about was guilty anyway as it turned out.

I think it was probably BIG and should remain so though. Anyone know whether it was groundbreaking in the sense that the issues it raised ie the game of justice........very broad if you listen to the words, racial issues, cops dealing with informant scum to further their own prestigious ends etc.....

Listened to it a lot lately..it does in my mind remain 'big'.

Maybe there are others that preceded it or antedated it that are more powerful in their message.........anyone know of any?

http://imahosting.com/sigs/nutto.jpg

soopaman
04-30-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@30 April 2003 - 11:14
About 5 years ago first listened to a song by Bob Dylan called the Hurricane...big then product of a lot of things..his generation....the times..etc...dismissed it out of hand...someone told me the guy who sang about was guilty anyway as it turned out.

I think it was probably BIG and should remain so though. Anyone know whether it was groundbreaking in the sense that the issues it raised ie the game of justice........very broad if you listen to the words, racial issues, cops dealing with informant scum to further their own prestigious ends etc.....

Maybe there are others that preceded it or antedated it that are more powerful in their message.........anyone know of any?

What the FUCK are you on about now chloe??? :lol: I'm not sure I understand what you've written. This is a HIP-HOP thread, where does Bob Dylan fit into it??

chloe_cc2002
04-30-2003, 11:35 PM
sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

must have got off at the wrong floor again.....................

it just said notorious big songs...........not into hiphop.......at least not yetI apologise.......apologise profusely even....

http://www.imahosting.com/sigs/picture4.jpg

Bass
04-30-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@30 April 2003 - 11:14

I know what you`re on about Chloe. Yeh, I would have called it a big song aswell, but hey, what do I know???? :blink: I was gonna put Bohemian Rapsody :lol:

cheers,
Bass.

Schmiggy_JK23
05-01-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by soopaman@30 April 2003 - 02:47
Schmiggy, is the track Niggas on the LP BORN AGAIN?? I have a copy and can't find or hear of any mention of "50 Pence". Have you got an unofficial, hooky track?? I hate those, always labelled as unreleased on Kazaa!!

Biggie Smalls is tha illest.

RIP B.I.G :(
Yes, skillian is correct, my copy is called niggas... so i dunno the actuall name, realeast niggas, or niggas... just kazaa search for "50 cent Notorious big niggas" and it should come up... its a hot hot track.

Schmiggy_JK23
05-01-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@30 April 2003 - 05:14

Chloe... dont take this personal... but do you drink or do drugs at all? :D

You seem to jump off topic quite off, not that your stupid... cuz your not, which can clearly be seen from your the intelligence expressed in your posts, as you are very well versed also. Just, some times you seem like you ment to post some where totally different, lol.

I guess if i think about it, i can see how you would be confused... so maybe you werent all that off on this post, :P

And by the way Chloe... Dylan sang about Hurrican Carter, a famous champion boxer... (see the movie, Hurricane, staring denzel washington), and Carter really innocent, i think finnaly sometime in the 90's was it, he was actually released...

Much <3 though...

I also love that freestyle he did with 2pac and that idiot Shyheim that showed up on funkmaster flex and a few other mixtapes. You know the one:

actually i dont know that i have heard that, thats not the red alert mix is it? can u get me a title, or something more to go on? is it the live rap battle at madison square garden maybe?

chloe_cc2002
05-01-2003, 08:01 AM
Chloe... dont take this personal... but do you drink or do drugs at all?&nbsp;

You seem to jump off topic quite off, not that your stupid... cuz your not, which can clearly be seen from your the intelligence expressed in your posts, as you are very well versed also. Just, some times you seem like you ment to post some where totally different, lol.

I guess if i think about it, i can see how you would be confused... so maybe you werent all that off on this post,&nbsp;

And by the way Chloe... Dylan sang about Hurrican Carter, a famous champion boxer... (see the movie, Hurricane, staring denzel washington), and Carter really innocent, i think finnaly sometime in the 90&#39;s was it, he was actually released...

Much <3 though...

Firstly I don&#39;t drink, can&#39;t drink, goes to my head too quick, doesn&#39;t feel good.

I misconstrued the post, notorious, saw it was hip hop.

Occasionally I am guilty of going off on tangents, accidentally on purpose often. ;)

As for drugs never taken illicit drugs or anything, except an anti-anxyiolotic of a very specific type that was little known here but apparently well known in the US, namely Xanax (alprazolam).

As for the Hurricane, I thought he said &#39;Rubin Carter&#39; in the lyrics, and didn&#39;t see the film with Denzel Washington. I didn&#39;t take much of an interest at the time. There was all sorts of speculation as to his innoncence, and I certainly take more of an interest in those issues now.

Fair comment though. I will be good.

http://www.imahosting.com/sigs/picture4.jpg

Skillian
05-01-2003, 01:22 PM
actually i dont know that i have heard that, thats not the red alert mix is it? can u get me a title, or something more to go on? is it the live rap battle at madison square garden maybe?

Yep, it&#39;s the one at Madison Square Garden. There&#39;s other people on it, but 2Pac and Biggie show them all up, even Big Daddy Kane.

Rollin_On_Dubs420
05-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Warning
Whats Beef
Hypnotize
Wickedest Freestyle
Can I Get Witcha
Notorious Thugs (w/ Bone Thugs)
N.O.T.O.R.I.O.U.S(remix w/ Shyne)
House Of Pain (w/ 2Pac & Scarface)
Deadly Combination Remix (w/ 2pac & Big L)
Kick In The Door
Gimmie Da Loot
Come On (w/ Sadat X)
Juicy <<played out
Unbelievable(funk flex)
Niggas Bleed
Going Back To Cali
Big Booty Hoes (w/ Too Short)
Party And Bullshit<<cant belive none of you said this, best biggie song ever&#33;
Brooklyns Finest (w/ Jay-Z)
Dead Wrong

^By far the best biggie songs

As for that &#39;Niggas&#39; song with 50 cent, i think those biggie lyrics were better off on the original song
i never thought it was too great, or even good enough to put on a CD

Rollin_On_Dubs420
05-01-2003, 09:25 PM
And:
C.R.E.A.M Freestyle (w/ Lox)

:blink:

infamousalbo101
05-01-2003, 09:30 PM
BIG FREESTYLES all of dem IS HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT gANGSTA HoLLaZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Skillian
05-02-2003, 12:54 AM
Party And Bullshit<<cant belive none of you said this, best biggie song ever&#33;

I said it&#33; ;)

Rollin_On_Dubs420
05-02-2003, 10:27 PM
OH
yours was too long to read