PDA

View Full Version : So...who's the best guitarist?

cpt_azad
05-24-2006, 05:19 AM
Who didn't see this one coming lol.

Honestly there are far too many that I like and try to emulate, all of whom are fucking awesome in their respective "sub" genre's.

Malmsteen, Hendrix (fuck yes), Jimmy Page, Hammet, Vai, Van Halen (no shit lol), Morello (I know what you might be thinking, but this guy IMO is good, really really good), ahh too many to list, but those are the ones that immediately spring to mind (its not in order by the way).

Utmost respect for these guys, best of the best.

Your picks?

Oh ya before I forget, Neil Young lmao M Thomson and J. Root (shit I just signed my own death warrant lol)

edit: And I just know that when I see other ppl's picks, I'm gonna slap myself for not remember their name(s).

Chewie
05-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Richie Blackmore, Jimi Hendrix, Yngywynwgwnwy Malmsteen (he's gotta be Welsh with a name like his, eh?), Slush, Mark Knopfler, Jimmy Page, Andy Summers, Angus Young... I'm bored.
Next question.

lee551
05-24-2006, 04:19 PM
if best = fastest then it'd be:
rusty cooley (http://www.rustycooley.com/) (pretty sure he's not human), michael angelo batio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WpeHE-jI5U), malmsteen (swedish, not welsh), vai, satch, ron thal (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3362009668097296032), paul gilbert (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck6Ri0PqByg)

but that's only impressive for so long. it becomes pointless wanking after awhile.

my personal guitar hero is tom morello though. rage against the machine is my favorite band of all time.

honorable mention:
buckethead
dimebag darrell
eddie van halen
ritchie blackmore
devin townsend
andreas kisser
steve gaines/allen collins/gary rossington
zakk wylde
david gilmour
warren demartini
adam jones
kerry king/jeff hammet

Chewie
05-24-2006, 09:28 PM
malmsteen (swedish, not welsh)
:whoosh:

j2k4
05-25-2006, 01:00 AM
I think Leo Kottke deserves a mention.

He is a bit of an acquired taste.

DL the original Airproofing (before his hand problems) or any of the live versions (after the problems) and you'll see what I mean.

Any classical player's skills will knock your socks off.

There are a ton of great players on my list; most of those mentioned here and many many more...

Damnatory
05-25-2006, 03:59 AM
Can't believe Satriani wasn't even mentioned... :blink:

And to broaden the "guitarist" spectrum, I nominate Les Claypool, for there is ALOT to learn from a visionary basist like him. :cool:

cpt_azad
05-25-2006, 04:32 AM
my personal guitar hero is tom morello though. rage against the machine is my favorite band of all time.

YES, finally someone that agrees :D lol

and ya the classical stuff is awesome J2, forgot to mention that.

@Damnatory, damnit I totally forgot about him >_<

lee551
05-25-2006, 04:44 AM
malmsteen (swedish, not welsh)
:whoosh:

i guess i have a problem telling when people are being sarcastic/serious. :ermm:

YES, finally someone that agrees :D lol

and ya the classical stuff is awesome J2, forgot to mention that.

@Damnatory, damnit I totally forgot about him >_<

who couldn't agree that tom morello pwns? :O

I think Leo Kottke deserves a mention.
i feel ya on that one. i've always loved his song 'eight miles high.' that acoustic/folk stuff is comforting sometimes.

Can't believe Satriani wasn't even mentioned...

"vai, satch, ron thal" :whistling
i mean the vai/satriani combo is a given in a situation like this; a GIVEN.

cpt_azad
05-25-2006, 08:30 AM
Can't believe Satriani wasn't even mentioned...
"vai, satch, ron thal" :whistling
i mean the vai/satriani combo is a given in a situation like this; a GIVEN.

:lol::lol::lol: hahha, oh man you know what song kicks major ass guys? Voodoo Child from the G3 where they had Malmsteen, Steve Vai, and I beleive satch...aronie...ya. lol That song is fucking intense, what I would give to play like that, so many years of practice ahead of me :(

j2k4
05-25-2006, 07:29 PM
And SRV?

Really, if I've learned one thing about this type of endeavor, it's that any result will be in the form of a list.

I've been a fan of Monte Montgomery for years, and Clocker turned me on to how good Danny Gatton really was.

There are too many to list; I am heartened by the lack of argument here-we all recognize it's a matter of taste, and no less so because we're talking guitarists, of whom we suffer no shortage.

There is a different dynamic to the bassist/drummer/vocalist threads, I think...

DorisInsinuate
05-25-2006, 07:34 PM
The Edge.

He's got a cool name, he must be good.

j2k4
05-25-2006, 07:44 PM
The Edge.

He's got a cool name, he must be good.

And Slash?

He must be bloody good, then...:)

DorisInsinuate
05-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Slash is a bad name :no2:

Where I come from it means to have a wee.

cpt_azad
05-25-2006, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FkJIlCBoZI&search=blackened (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FkJIlCBoZI&search=blackenedirrelevant?)

irrelevant? probably.

j2k4
05-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Slash is a bad name :no2:

Where I come from it means to have a wee.

It follows, then, that you believe him to be a rather pissy guitar-player. :)

digmen1
05-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Slash and the Edge are not great they are just in well known bands.

As an ex muso from way back I always think that a great guitarist is one that invents their own style (sound) and is instantly recognisable.

Eg

Carlos Santana
Jimi Hendrix
Mark Knopfler

As for speed

Alvin Lee of Ten Years After was pretty fast.

Regards

Digby

j2k4
05-26-2006, 11:58 PM

How true.

As an ex muso from way back I always think that a great guitarist is one that invents their own style (sound) and is instantly recognisable.

Eg

Carlos Santana
Jimi Hendrix
Mark Knopfler

As for speed

Regards

Digby

I'll ad my sentiment to yours, as re: Knopfler.

He throws off a new noodle of some type every time he plays.

I am an avid fan. ;)

Mïcrösöül°V³
05-27-2006, 03:26 AM
I agree with all the above guitarists being great. and I would like to add Allen "robot" Van Wert. http://www.musichopper.com/

Chewie
05-27-2006, 03:59 AM

How true.

Eg

Carlos Santana
Jimi Hendrix
Mark Knopfler

As for speed

Regards

Digby

I am an avid fan. ;)
My boy had been learning guitar for about a year when I got the Live Aid DVD set for Father's Day.
The first thing I watched was Queen, then showed him Dire Straits performance of Sultans Of Swing. He was suitably impressed.
:)

Draugr
05-27-2006, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't say THE best, but John Petrucci is pretty good.

j2k4
05-27-2006, 02:23 PM

I am an avid fan. ;)
My boy had been learning guitar for about a year when I got the Live Aid DVD set for Father's Day.
The first thing I watched was Queen, then showed him Dire Straits performance of Sultans Of Swing. He was suitably impressed.
:)

You're kidding.

My daughter got me that set last Father's Day and the first thing we watched was the Queen performance as well as Dire Straits.

She and her husband were blown away, which was good, 'cuz the rest of the DVD is crap, due to the sound issues that cropped up.

tsantsa
05-27-2006, 08:51 PM
I don't know how to rate BEST guitarist, but one that I think deserves mention above some of these guys is John Frusciante. I quite like his work. Some of his solos are up there with Hendrix, and I might say that some are above that level. The song "Hey" on the first disc of Stadium Arcadium is quite tasteful and pleasant.

j2k4
05-27-2006, 09:05 PM
The song...is quite tasteful and pleasant.

Tasteful?

Pleasant?

Okay...:huh:

cpt_azad
05-28-2006, 07:07 AM
The song...is quite tasteful and pleasant.
Tasteful?

Pleasant?

Lawl.

Solo's aside, I find Kirk Hammett and (especially) James Hetfields performances in Fade To Black the most impressive work I've yet to encounter. That main acoustic (and the electric riff[s] for the chorus) part for the verses is just absolutely beautiful. Doesn't make them the best guitarist(s) per say, but none the less inspirational.

j2k4
05-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Tasteful?

Pleasant?

Lawl.

Solo's aside, I find Kirk Hammett and (especially) James Hetfields performances in Fade To Black the most impressive work I've yet to encounter. That main acoustic (and the electric riff[s] for the chorus) part for the verses is just absolutely beautiful. Doesn't make them the best guitarist(s) per say, but none the less inspirational.

Yes, yes, that's all well and good, but are they tasteful?

More importantly, are they pleasant?

We have criteria to meet here...;)

clocker
05-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Although I can appreciate the technique exemplified by many guitarists (Vai, Satriani, etc.) and the sheer dexterity employed by others (although a few black beauties and lots of spare time can result in flawless speed), for just plain ole musicality it's hard to beat David Gilmour or Mark Knopfler.

Subjugating technique to the requirements of the song is a real mark of genius.

n18
05-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Joe Satriani anyone?

j2k4
05-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Although I can appreciate the technique exemplified by many guitarists (Vai, Satriani, etc.) and the sheer dexterity employed by others (although a few black beauties and lots of spare time can result in flawless speed), for just plain ole musicality it's hard to beat David Gilmour or Mark Knopfler.

Subjugating technique to the requirements of the song is a real mark of genius.

A point I've struggled to make.

I think I'll go listen to Monte Montgomery play When Will I, and let the day unfold as it will...:)

clocker
05-28-2006, 04:44 PM
I think I'll go listen to Monte Montgomery play When Will I, and let the day unfold as it will...:)
Enjoy your day and my best to SWMBO.
Try not to end up like the folks in your email....

j2k4
05-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Enjoy your day and my best to SWMBO.
Try not to end up like the folks in your email....

Oy.

I got that from my Dad; I can't believe it.

Do your best to avoid a similar fate and greet your folks for me?

Mrs. J. sends a hug.

lee551
05-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Tasteful?

Pleasant?

Lawl.

people like to take shots at hammet because he seems to only solo in one key (e minor if memory isn't playing me). holds some truth i guess. he's very accomplished nontheless.

j2k4
05-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Lawl.

people like to take shots at hammet because he seems to only solo in one key (e minor if memory isn't playing me). holds some truth i guess. he's very accomplished nontheless.

True enough, but I don't wonder at that, as everybody and their brother has a guitar and seeks to emulate whichever hero strikes them.

We haven't any shortage of prospects.

As Clocker notes, apart from singular performances (everybody has one), the ones who set themselves apart do it ALL THE TIME.

Call the others 'tweeners'.

Speaking of that upper-second-echelon group, I nominate Joe Perry and Alex Lifeson.

Lifeson has a catalogue of riffs to be proud of, and Perry is as much responsible for Aerosmith as Steve Tyler.

I still think his work on Train Kept a Rollin" is absolutely sterling.

clocker
05-28-2006, 09:26 PM
I agree but why not go the source?
Jeff Beck's original Going Down is a veritable catalogue of riffs,techniques and adrenilin for the aspiring beginner.

While I'm at it I'd be remiss if I didn't bring up Roy Buchanan.
The Messiah Will Come Again is pure longing trapped on vinyl.

lee551
05-28-2006, 11:59 PM
i'm always reluctant to start naming classic rock guitarists because that becomes a loooong, slippery slope of mandatory name dropping.

alex lifeson; did you ever hear about that fight him and his son got into? i think it was in florida over new years. :lol:

j2k4
05-29-2006, 12:24 AM
I agree but why not go the source?
Jeff Beck's original Going Down is a veritable catalogue of riffs,techniques and adrenilin for the aspiring beginner.

While I'm at it I'd be remiss if I didn't bring up Roy Buchanan.
The Messiah Will Come Again is pure longing trapped on vinyl.

Right again.

People forget Buchanan.

Even worse that they forget Beck.

Lee551-

Us old farts drop names 'cuz we can't hold onto them anymore.

Yes, I heard about the fight.

Sounded like a true clusterfuck; I don't know that it is resolved even yet.

I gather there was an overzealous young cop involved...

clocker
05-29-2006, 03:22 PM
i'm always reluctant to start naming classic rock guitarists because that becomes a loooong, slippery slope of mandatory name dropping.

Us old farts drop names 'cuz we can't hold onto them anymore.
There is also the "been there, heard that" syndrome in play.

Unless you were there (and I know most of you weren't), it's impossible to describe the first time you heard Hendrix's Foxey Lady or Page's Whole Lotta Love or even Knopfler's Sultans of Swing- nothing you'd ever heard before sounded like them.
There have been great practicioners of the art since them of course, but very few elicit the "Holy shit!" response as you realize that you've just stepped over the edge and risen to a whole new plane.

I also think it's worth noting "great bands" rarely feature a "great guitarist"*.
After all, the Beatles featured two completely mediocre players (who really wants to emulate Gearge Harrison?), yet they are without doubt a great band. The Rolling Stones only had a good guitarist during the brief period that Mick Taylor was a member- (Get Your Ya-Yas Out shows that they absolutely could be the "Greatest Band in the World" live on stage).

*Clearly, there are exceptions- Led Zepellin and Pink Floyd spring easily to mind.

And, as long as I'm rambling...I think it's odd that Clapton is rarely mentioned in recurring threads like this- even by me.
Popularly reckoned to be a master, I consider him to be more of a workman than a pioneer. Just goes to show I guess that simply hanging in there is it's own reward.

j2k4
05-29-2006, 08:28 PM
And, as long as I'm rambling...I think it's odd that Clapton is rarely mentioned in recurring threads like this- even by me.
Popularly reckoned to be a master, I consider him to be more of a workman than a pioneer. Just goes to show I guess that simply hanging in there is it's own reward.

If memory serves, I think he made an album not too long ago called Journeyman.

Apt that he chose that particular descriptive, huh? :)

bosko1978
06-12-2006, 08:24 PM
SRV fo sho

j2k4
06-12-2006, 09:18 PM
SRV fo sho

Fo sho 'nuff.

I miss him.

Barbarossa
06-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Guitarists who have inspired me, in no particular order, include Mark Knopfler, Joe Satriani, Gary Moore, Eric Johnson, Dave Gilmour, Jimmy Page and Eddie Van Halen.

They've all got their own individual styles and flair, but of them all, I would have to choose Mark Knopfler as my favourite.

Cognac
06-13-2006, 02:56 PM
John frusciante man....got poster him on bedroom wall..brilliant is he

Ignacy
06-14-2006, 07:05 PM
"10 fingers of doom" Ted Nugent

RealLifePixel
06-17-2006, 02:16 AM
Prince.

Met
06-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Jason Becker is defintely the greatest guitarist of all time! No one could ever compare to him! If only he didn't get crippled and could still play guitar now! :(

hisamrain
06-22-2006, 02:42 AM
Richie Blackmore

nortroll
06-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Abbath from Immortal! He is the best \m/

100%
06-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Johnny Guitar Watson

http://www.davealvin.com/dave/dphotos/page4/SCAN0041.jpg

spelunker121
07-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Almost all of the players mentioned ROCK

And I LOVE rock

But does anyone remember ol' Roy Clark of Hee Haw??????

He is IMO a pretty bad ass musician(not my taste musiclly, but still I can appreciate his talents)

Peace to all

Arctic Monkey
07-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Richie Kotzen.

cpt_azad
07-07-2006, 09:20 PM
I have two more to add to my original list:

Willie Adler and Mark Morton

These guys are gonna bring back fucking metal man, mark my words.

S!X
07-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Herman Li lol

cpt_azad
07-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Herman Li lol

The next Malmsteen for sure, awesome shredder :cool: .

rockyrambo23
07-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Daron Malakian. Sysytem of a Down guitarist, SOAD are also the greatest band in the world to me anyway

Tempestv
07-07-2006, 11:57 PM
SRV fo sho

Fo sho 'nuff.

I miss him.
SRV was deffinitly a great one. Others that come to mind are BB King, Jimmy Vaughn (SRV's brother), hell, get ahold of the SRV Tribute album- live at austin city limits- If I remember correctly, there is a seven minute jam session with a stage full of great guitarists (eccept Dr John and Art Neville, who rank up there as best pianists)
the tribute is everyone that was playing with SRV at austin the night he died.
Bonnie Rate
Jimmy Vaughn
BB King
Eric Clapton
Robert Cray
Buddy Guy
Dr John
Art Neville
Hell of an album

as for Eric Clapton, his singing is horrable, but his guitar work more than makes up for it. I guess this could be said for a lot of people though.

j2k4
07-08-2006, 02:16 AM
Daron Malakian. Sysytem of a Down guitarist, SOAD are also the greatest band in the world to me anyway

Do you also prefer Sylvester Stallone movies at all, at all.

j2k4
07-08-2006, 02:19 AM
as for Eric Clapton, his singing is horrable,

I used to think so, too.

I've changed my mind.

Fix your spelling, ftw...

cpt_azad
07-08-2006, 04:55 AM

Ummm...ya ok.:mellow:

thewizeard
07-08-2006, 06:55 AM
I think I am the best guitarist, then Guitar Slinger (Afronaut) followed by Rocktron

gustafo
07-08-2006, 09:57 AM
mark knopfler

lee551
07-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Herman Li lol

if we're talking shredders here has anyone mentioned rusty cooley (http://www.rustycooley.com/) yet?

cpt_azad
07-09-2006, 02:45 AM
if we're talking shredders here has anyone mentioned rusty cooley (http://www.rustycooley.com/) yet?

I think he was mentioned a few pages back, not sure.

I think I am the best guitarist, then Guitar Slinger (Afronaut) followed by Rocktron

lol, calm down there powerchord boy.

Pho
07-09-2006, 03:39 AM
My favorite guitarist is Jimi Hendrix followed closely by Jason Becker.

I don't know what you mean by best. Most controversial, influencial, fastest, best technique?

digmen1
07-09-2006, 04:36 AM
I agree with you Pho

There are many defintions of Greatest.

Perhaps someone should start threads under each of your categories, this would be much better.

Regards

Digby
NZ

cpt_azad
07-09-2006, 06:08 AM
I agree with you Pho

There are many defintions of Greatest.

Perhaps someone should start threads under each of your categories, this would be much better.

Regards

Digby
NZ

Would cause too many threads to pop up under "same" subject (as the mods would put it anyway). I guess I should have put "best guitarist in your opinion under the various categories" somewhere in the first post. My bad.

j2k4
07-09-2006, 12:09 PM

We have evidence of Afronaut's talent; we have none such in your case.

You could, of course oblige us...:huh:

Seltzer
07-16-2006, 10:03 AM
John Frusciante, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, Brian May, Mikael Akerfeldt.

I have a fair few favourites.

j2k4
07-16-2006, 01:22 PM
John Frusciante, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, Brian May, Mikael Akerfeldt.

I have a fair few favourites.

Yeah, gotta give props to Brian May; he has a sound all his own. :)

digmen1
07-16-2006, 07:35 PM
Half of the guitarists in this thread I have never heard of ! So how can they be "great" ? They may be good in your eyes (ears) but surely part of being great means that you are known world-wide. Ex rocker from way back.

Regards

Digby
NZ

j2k4
07-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Half of the guitarists in this thread I have never heard of ! So how can they be "great" ? They may be good in your eyes (ears) but surely part of being great means that you are known world-wide. Ex rocker from way back.

Regards

Digby
NZ

Come now, Digby...let's have your list. :)

cpt_azad
07-16-2006, 10:42 PM

Regards

Digby
NZ

Ok? You're telling me you've never heard of Malmsteen and the like? And since those guitarists have been mentioned that you hve not heard of, why not download some of their stuff and give it a shot, you may be surprised (or not). Lets see your list.

lee551
07-17-2006, 04:54 AM

Regards

Digby
NZ

wow, way to set yourself up there...

digmen1
07-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Nope never heard of Malmsteen

Here are my greatest - in no particular order

Alvin Lee - one of the fastest
Carlos Santana - invented his own style - tasteful
Jimi Hendrix - early on showed what can be done with an electric guitar
Richie Blackmore - early heavy metal full on and exciting
Jimmy Page - many different styles
George Benson for a good modern jazz guitarist.

And yes I will take up the challenge and try to get some songs by all of these greats.

And just to fight back a little to be greatest one surely needs to be well known. Whilst I do not buy Guitar Player magazine etc, I do listen to good radio stations and I do read music columns in magazines and I watch good TV shows eg Jools Holland.

Indeed what we really need is a new thread which lists our greatest's and lists a few songs which show off their talent best.

Regards

Digby

cpt_azad
07-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Nope never heard of Malmsteen

Here are my greatest - in no particular order

Alvin Lee - one of the fastest
Carlos Santana - invented his own style - tasteful
Jimi Hendrix - early on showed what can be done with an electric guitar
Richie Blackmore - early heavy metal full on and exciting
Jimmy Page - many different styles
George Benson for a good modern jazz guitarist.

And yes I will take up the challenge and try to get some songs by all of these greats.

And just to fight back a little to be greatest one surely needs to be well known. Whilst I do not buy Guitar Player magazine etc, I do listen to good radio stations and I do read music columns in magazines and I watch good TV shows eg Jools Holland.

Indeed what we really need is a new thread which lists our greatest's and lists a few songs which show off their talent best.

Regards

Digby

Well at least you put effort into your post and I give you big props for that (most people just spit out bullshit w/o any backup), so congrats on that part.

And ya, download some of the stuff that are listed in the thread, you might be amazed, you might be disgusted, either way you'll never know until you give em a go.

Also, there are a lot of really amazing guitarists that aren't mainstream, so hence they wont get radio play no matter what radio station it is you listen to.

Now I'm gonna go and listen to Purple Haze because I just remembered I haven't listened to that in over 2 weeks :frusty:

sportcars
07-18-2006, 12:58 PM
1 - Uli Jon Roth
2 - Slash
3 - Matthias Jabs

FreeDoom
07-20-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm gonna say the ones i like and for me are the Best:
-Dimebag Darrel
-Carlos Santana
-Jimi Hendrix
-Mark Knopfler

Different styles but the BEST.

Afronaut
07-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Here's some players i dig atm:
Setzer, Halen, Gilmour, Knopfler, Clapton, Malmsteen,
Vai, MacAlpine, Michael Romeo (Symphony X),
Dimebag (RIP), Petrucci, Johan Reinholdz (Andromeda),
Johnny Guitar Watson (hehe), SRV, Paul Gilbert, Satriani,
Danny Gatton (with Joey Defrancesco especially (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005MKGG/ref=m_art_li_9/103-1519964-8839015?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=5174))
Hetfield (kirk did ok before going for Teh Blues)...

..the list is huge, cant remember everyone.
:D

erroneous
07-22-2006, 03:09 AM
Just stumbled on this thread, read all the way through and can't believe that Jeff Beck was mentioned once and Frank Zappa not at all. Musical tastes are strictly a personal thing and these lists are purely subjective.

The people that I enjoy listening to are (in no particular order):
Frank Zappa
Jeff Beck
Ritchie Blackmore
Guitar Slim
Johnny Guitar Watson
Robert Fripp
John McLaughlin (also not mentioned)
Joe Walsh
Jimmy Page
Randy Rhoads
Keith Richards
John Sykes

These guys are all "the Best" to me... my $0.02
erroneous

digmen1
07-22-2006, 08:36 AM
OK guys

As I said I would like to try to listen to some of these "best" guitarists and to do so I made a list of all the guitarists mentioned in this thread in a little database. (I am a database junkie -I have about 70 of them ! any excuse and I start a new one !) There are about 75 guitarists in this thread and as I said I have not heard of half of them let alone what band they are in and what some of their good songs are.

So I want to publish this list on this forum so that you guys can fill in some bands and songs for us so that I can get them to listen to.

Shall I do it in this thread or start a new one ?

Regards

Digby

Nigi
07-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Angus Young and Jimi Hendrix :)

Geno
07-28-2006, 07:28 PM
John Petrucci ?
or maybe Frank Gambale...?
Actually, it's probably John McLaughlin or Allan Holdsworth.

But those are my favorite. The best, as in most influential or w/e, would probably Jimi Hendrix.

hazelwood
08-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Joe Pass
Ry Cooder
Pat Metheny
Django Reinhart
Hiram Bullock
Tommy Emmanuel
Joe Satriani

Express
07-04-2008, 08:35 PM
It would surely be Hammet. He's is just great