PDA

View Full Version : What The Best Anime U Know?

roi
04-30-2003, 12:07 PM
just say what do u think is the best anime ever

NotoriousBIC
04-30-2003, 12:53 PM
Cowboy Bebop
RahXephon
Noir
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Serial Experiments Lain

probably in that order

six
04-30-2003, 08:18 PM
akira
graveyard of the fireflies
spirited away
blue submarine no. 6

imported_Horla
04-30-2003, 08:41 PM
serie:
Juunni Kokki (still incomplete)
Saishu-Heiki Kanojo
Which Hunter Robin
X

movie:
Spirited Away
Ghost in the Shell
Akira

{I}{K}{E}
04-30-2003, 08:45 PM
DBZ is good

JaVnI
04-30-2003, 09:00 PM
DBZ is S*it

zhelynd
04-30-2003, 09:59 PM
i've been a Saint Seiya fan since 1988

killallhippies
04-30-2003, 10:27 PM
dennis leary, life's gonna suck :lol:

Benigroom
04-30-2003, 10:29 PM
Ghost in the Shell - is the best ever! :ph34r:

Twist3r
04-30-2003, 10:35 PM
i dunno does spongebob count as a anime it if does its my favorite

Ynhockey
04-30-2003, 11:36 PM
DBZ is S*it

You're either a pro artist, some who watched only the english version of only DBZ, someone who only watched parts of it, or a plain moron.

Most non-anime pro artists don't like anime at all 'cause unlike most cartoons they attempt to make ppl look realistic and they fail miserably.

If you watched only the English version of DBZ only then you completely don't understand the story 'cause it's told poorly, you should watch Dragonball to really understand it.

If you're a moron... i don't know what to say.

Anyway, DB/Z/GT is the best anime series i've seen (by now i've seen a few), because it's not just about fighting like some other anime series, but it's about many important things in life, like the qualities of a person (i.e. friendship, courage, etc.). The story is also very interesting and the ending is incredibly sad (the DBGT ending). In the end of every series Goku leaves - in Dragonball he goes to the mountains to live with ChiChi not to be seen for a few years until DBZ starts, after DBZ he goes away for 3 years to reain with Uubu (Uub) and after GT he leaves for 100 years, during which everyone who ever cared for him dies except Pan. Also every series (DB, DBZ, DBGT) has its own message for the reader/watcher. DB's message (as i understood it) is that whenever you try hard you can do anything, DBZ's message was that, as Piccolo said it, 'the more you hurt people the more you get hurt' and DBGT's message was that if you really love someone you love them dearly and always keep them in your heart - that message was also well-displayed in the GT opening song Dan Dan Kokoro Hikarete'ku (bit by bit my heart is delighted). Also the DB/Z series have a sort of goal that Goku completes in the end, and a some character differences that are resolved. In DB the goal is to win the Martial Arts championship and Goku does it in the end with a win against Piccolo. In DBZ the goal is to become the strongest fighter in the universe, which is what Goku turns into after the defeat of Buu. The character differences in DB are between Goku and all the bad guys - DB shows where good heart can carry you. In DBZ matters are more complicated and the whole series is based on the feud of Goku vs. Vegeta - they always compete from the start until in the end Vegeta realizes that Goku is better. GT is simpler because it's shorter and wasn't written by Akira Toriyama, but Toriyama still wrote the script to the last episode, which showed just about everything that DB/Z/GT was all about. Goku said goodbye to Krillin after being friends since they were little kids and Krillin realizes that he's the only one that changed - Goku was still a child just as he was when they first met, android 18 was still young and beautiful, Master Roshi and the Turtle were still the same - old and nearly immortal, only Krillin changed from young to old over the years. Goku also shakes Piccolo's hand as he has never done before because Piccolo played a great part in all of the Z fighters' victories and Goku never really thanked him.

Anyway, i think that's enough for now... this were just some of the reasons why i thought DB/Z/GT is great...

IHATEFAKEFILES
05-01-2003, 02:22 AM
Im a professional Artist and I hate Japanese cartoons
I think the best of catooning was ren & stimpy I loved the Close-ups

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-01-2003, 02:24 AM
:D Smurfs and their houses.

gnice4now
05-01-2003, 10:09 AM
my favorite anime is 3x3 eyes and ninja scroll

marine_aart
05-01-2003, 11:37 AM
I found DBZ cool, but I am a little bit older now :P

MagicNakor
05-01-2003, 11:01 PM
Definately The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. It's the only anime that I've been able to sit through.

:ninja:

soopaman
05-02-2003, 02:16 AM
Akira ( Brilliant, better than most Hollywood films )

Ninja Scroll ( Fuckin' ROCKS!!!!)

Golgo 13 ( My Favourite )

I also quite like the "Urutsukidoji" series but they can get a bit much. :lol:

six
05-02-2003, 06:36 AM
btw, the new anime "Beyond" was created by one of the "Akira" artists(Koji Morimoto).
Back in the early 90's, Akira blew me away with its amazing graphics, and "Beyond" just multiplied that by 100.

if you want more info about "Beyond" visit www.whatisthematrix.com and look for the animatrix link.

one of the images:
http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_img/anime_gallery_beyond_3L.jpg
check out the posters, bike, man you can even see the fungus growing on the brick wall, and check out the nails on the wall, i can't wait to see this short film.

I dont know about any of you but i prefer this kind of graphics over full 3d(toy story, monsters inc.)

RedRival
05-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by six@2 May 2003 - 07:36
check out the posters, bike, man you can even see the fungus growing on the brick wall, and check out the nails on the wall, i can't wait to see this short film.

That's a bit drastic isn't it, fungus on the wall :blink: .
Yep this is like any quality manga/anime film you will encounter. I watched Spirited Away (in Mandarin), Ghost in the Shell, Yuyu Hakusho (English Subtitled) during the middle of last year and I have to say I am impress by the storylines that were portrayed.

I absolutely loved Spirited Away for it's Cute-ness although it's still able to make the film such a success.
I heard many rumors that the people from the matrix have had inspirations from Ghost in the Shell, another show I enjoyed, but I thought the ending left me pretty disappointed...
Yuyu Hakusho, w00t, I loved that one, kept me tuned to the channel even while the ads were playing :lol: .
Loved the final battle between him and the underworld.

RedRival
05-02-2003, 09:16 AM
If you want a quick link to the Animatrix's webpage.
Click Here (http://www.theanimatrix.com).
Link for people who want to avoid the main site with all the graphics there, it takes a while for 56k users like me to have it load.

[SAS] pOiSon
05-02-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@1 May 2003 - 03:24
:D Smurfs and their houses.
my god u look like a terriorist, do the fbi know about ou?

technotaz
05-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Spirited Away
Ah~My Goddess
Love Hina
Hellsing

PS. Do Southpark & Simpsons count? :lol: :D :P

NotoriousBIC
05-02-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by six@2 May 2003 - 08:36
btw, the new anime "Beyond" was created by one of the "Akira" artists(Koji Morimoto).
Back in the early 90's, Akira blew me away with its amazing graphics, and "Beyond" just multiplied that by 100.

if you want more info about "Beyond" visit www.whatisthematrix.com and look for the animatrix link.

I dont know about any of you but i prefer this kind of graphics over full 3d(toy story, monsters inc.)
If you really can't wait to see it check out my verified Animatrix post (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=30922)
And you're right, Beyond is great!

On another note:
Also check out Voices of a Distant Star (Hoshi no Koe). It's a short 30 min. movie and it's absolutely brilliant. Even more if you consider it's a one man project.

Unlimited
05-03-2003, 11:08 AM
1.Ranma
2.Neon genesis evangelion
3.Cowboy bebop
4.YUU YUU hakusu
5.Hellsing
6.Fruits basket
7.Tenchi muyo
8.tenchi in tokyo

i have seen much more but i think everyanime is good exept DBZ and pretty sammy

Woxhol
06-02-2003, 10:30 AM
Best series ; Hellsing

Best movie ; Nausica of the valley of the Wind

ilw
06-02-2003, 10:34 AM
wow nice resurrection Woxhol

For me:
Trigun
Cowboy bebop
Naruto

In that order

GeeZa
06-02-2003, 04:18 PM
Have to say Akira for me, I think its amazing!

terfdurkel
06-02-2003, 04:35 PM
I'm gonna go with Ninja Scroll. I also thought Astro Boy was great when I was a little kid.

tomass6996
06-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Samurai X
X/1999
Akira
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in a Shell
Fatal Fury

thegroggman
06-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Ghost in a Shell
X
Akira
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke

and my favorite...

Blood

Nunpoom
06-02-2003, 09:28 PM
Samurai X
Spirited Away
YU YU hakusu
Ah~My Goddess
Love Hina
Hellsing
Dragon Ball Z (I hate GT series)
Chobits

I'm now watching .Hack and try to understand the plot, DAMN it so confuse :blink:

longap
06-02-2003, 11:02 PM
.hack//sign is about a boy named Tsukasa who is stuck inside a futuristic MMORPG called "The World", and he cant log out. So he is trying to find a way to log out.

.hack//Liminality is about a couple girls and a guy who are trying to discover why people fall into comas while playing "The World".

.hack//Dusk is a continuation of the .hack games for ps2. They are mainly trying to solve the mystery of the missing player characters.

(Bah, dont mind me, I just finished watching the .hack series a day ago <_< )

Animes that arent too bad that werent mentioned in no specific order.

Ai yori Aoshi
Great Teacher Onizuka
Kare Kano

Alucard1475
06-03-2003, 12:20 AM
The Hakkenden &#39;The Legend of the Eight Dog Warriors&#39;

Samurai X

Bait Master
06-03-2003, 04:39 AM
Ninja Scroll has got to be my all time favorite anime. Best characters of any anime i have seen.

Fist of The North Star was kinda cool, i just didnt like the way it was drawn.

Vampire Hunter D is like a classic. Bloodlust wasn&#39;t :angry:

I only like gory anime. The rest is crap.

RuntimeError
06-03-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@30 April 2003 - 20:45
DBZ is good
anime noob obviously

RuntimeError
06-03-2003, 04:57 AM
bebop
rahxephon
rurouni kenshin ova

RuntimeError
06-03-2003, 04:58 AM
not one person mentioned gundam...gundam seed is dam good :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lunarpancake
06-03-2003, 05:11 AM
Trigun&#33;

Tikibonbon
06-03-2003, 05:20 AM
Sorry, call me an old man but vampire hunter d still does it for me.
while i&#39;m sure not everyone will agree with me but Read or Die was excellent even if it was only 3 episodes

RuntimeError
06-03-2003, 05:23 AM
rod counts, so do ova :)

8ball
06-03-2003, 05:40 AM
The best anime is Ninja Scroll by far,
but theses are still good:
Spirited Away,
Ghost in the shell,
Akira,
Vampire Hunter D,
and Princess Mononoke.

tyk
06-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Ghost In The Shell
Vampire Hunter D: BloodLust
Ninja Scroll

I like them so much after watching VCD that I decided to own them in DVD format.

Tenchi Muyo OVA

Susprise no Tenchi fans so far.

Jin-Roh (The Wolf Brigade)

This movie gets a little deep (story wise).

His and Her Circumstances

Funny, but gets a bit tiring when they keep recap previous episodes in the later series.

Excel Saga

Very very entertaining if u can get use to the way the series present itself. The last episode is the best in the series.

Love Hina

Quite good, especially the songs. 1st time has me hunting anime songs in Kazaa.

Pretty Sammy

Like someone mentioned b4, not very good Tenchi series. Took me 8 months to completely download them from Kazaa, till now has not watch past episode 15.

Gundam Seed

Due to a friend request, help him to download this series. Just completed downloading 32 episodes (Eng Sub) yesterday, not seen the series yet, but scanning thru, it look pretty interesting.

Fruit Basket

Leave a warm feeling in the heart after watching. The ending seen a bit out of place though.

FLCL

Very challengnig. Sometime has to pause the player just to read all the subtitle on screen. The story is so bizarre, that the word WTF keep coming out of my mouth.

Blood: The Last Vampire

Excellent animation, a pity its so short, leaving behind many unanswered questions.

Oops :o , &#39;The Best Anime&#39;, think I miss the title :D .

To choose one, I nominate Ghost In The Shell.

tyk
06-04-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by SERIAL KILLER@4 June 2003 - 13:23
ANIMIE SUCKS GROW UP KIDS
"All men are like kids, regardless of their age"

Saw the above quote from ..... sorry, can&#39;t remember, but it hold some truth.

In respond to ur sentence, I&#39;m a man having a mental age of a boy :lol:

well_butter_my_arse
06-04-2003, 01:40 PM
tenchi
X
vampire hunter D