PDA

View Full Version : world cup 2006 online

nepalibabu
05-28-2006, 11:22 PM
does anyone know where can i watch world cup 2006 online directly? that is not using p2p live streaming. any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Peerzy
05-28-2006, 11:26 PM
BBC.co.uk/football will be doing audio reports on matches but without PSP streaming you will not be able to watch WC games. What country are you in? In the UK BBC and ITV are coving every game between them, most countries will be showing it on some kinda free TV channel.

Troysmith
06-13-2006, 07:15 PM
where can i watch this

Peerzy
06-13-2006, 07:46 PM
BBC.co.uk/football will be doing audio reports on matches but without PSP streaming you will not be able to watch WC games. What country are you in? In the UK BBC and ITV are coving every game between them, most countries will be showing it on some kinda free TV channel.

Read above.

DanB
06-13-2006, 08:08 PM
I thought the BBC were also showing the matches online via streaming when they were airing them?

I haven't checked it out myself just somethig I though I heard them say during a game

DanB
06-13-2006, 08:12 PM
I thought the BBC were also showing the matches online via streaming when they were airing them?

I haven't checked it out myself just somethig I though I heard them say during a game

Just checked it out and they are, its only got a 20 second delay on it

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4852868.stm

ancd click watch Match of the Day coverage

Mr JP Fugley
06-13-2006, 08:38 PM
and also the quality is well watchable.

manker
06-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Only for those in the UK, however.

There are two streams, a pish stream and a good one. Make sure you choose the good one. The pish one is awful.

Mr JP Fugley
06-13-2006, 08:50 PM

There are two streams, a pish stream and a good one. Make sure you choose the good one. The pish one is awful.
I just chose the WMP one they offered me and it's well fine for interweb.

Maybe they only offer the pikey stream to some people.

manker
06-13-2006, 09:11 PM

They offer you a choice at first (broadband wmp, broadband rp, dial up rp and dial up wmp) but then when you've chosen the broadband wmp, there is a link on the BBC Sport player itself so you can have a better quality stream.

Like 350kbps c.f. 250kbps.

Mr JP Fugley
06-13-2006, 09:29 PM

They offer you a choice at first (broadband wmp, broadband rp, dial up rp and dial up wmp) but then when you've chosen the broadband wmp, there is a link on the BBC Sport player itself so you can have a better quality stream.

Like 350kbps c.f. 250kbps.
Really, I would never have known that if you hadn't explained it like what you did.

On another note, they also do the live interactive thing, which I don't get otherwise. Which is nice.

manker
06-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Really, I would never have known that if you hadn't explained it like what you did.Tbh, I'm trying to mention the BBC's coverage as much as I can.

Not just because it pwns, even though it realy, really does, but because Johnny Foreigner can't get it :D

Chip Monk
06-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Really, I would never have known that if you hadn't explained it like what you did.Tbh, I'm trying to mention the BBC's coverage as much as I can.

Not just because it pwns, even though it realy, really does, but because Johnny Foreigner can't get it :D
I'm watching the interactive thing on me widescreen laptop just now, in full screen mode. It's OK.

T'BBC pwns la Cup du Monde. Fact.

Mr JP Fugley
06-13-2006, 09:43 PM

My favourite bit is when you tell them to use a UK proxy to see the games. When you know that there's not a feckin' chance it will work.

manker
06-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Tbh, I'm trying to mention the BBC's coverage as much as I can.

My favourite bit is when you tell them to use a UK proxy to see the games. When you know that there's not a feckin' chance it will work.
:lol: :lol:

I'm sure if they tried enough proxies, it would work eventually :sly:

Mr JP Fugley
06-13-2006, 10:03 PM

Yeah and if my auntie had bawz she would be my uncle.

dodgy368
06-14-2006, 07:43 AM

Manker is very cruel.
:lol:

Barbarossa
06-15-2006, 09:06 AM
does anyone know where can i watch world cup 2006 online directly? that is not using p2p live streaming. any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

What's wrong with p2p live streaming? :blink:

TVAnts (http://www.streamsports.net/TvAnts.html) works brilliantly well. The games are usually on CCTV5.