PDA

View Full Version : Uploading

05-31-2006, 07:07 PM
If somebody downloaded a torrent can they upload it onto another torrent site or is that cheating? I've never uploaded a torrent or created one before so thats why I'm asking.

Piyush Singh
05-31-2006, 07:49 PM
I do it all the time.
You can not always upload ur own stuff.

ilikechikin
05-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Make sure you know the rules of the tracker you originally get it from. There's no problem seeding it on another site, but actually uploading the file may be a violation of another site's rules.

05-31-2006, 08:05 PM
I've noticed that downloaded torrents have names at the end of them like, blah.blah.xvid.name. Is the 'name' part the person that upped the torrent or something else? Do you change that to your own username before you upload it or leave it as it is?

ilikechikin
05-31-2006, 10:28 PM
'Name' is the name of the scene group that released it. You should leave the file names alone so people know what the source is.

fangers
06-01-2006, 12:16 AM
imo scene releases should maintain the same name in both the subject line and more importantly the torrent name/directory name. This makes it far easier for others to help seed the release.

deuce6000
06-01-2006, 02:21 AM
If somebody downloaded a torrent can they upload it onto another torrent site or is that cheating? I've never uploaded a torrent or created one before so thats why I'm asking.

If it is something that was created by someone its always a good idea to at least give them some credit for there work.Otherwise there is no problem with doing what you say.Only problem is if you download something off say torrentleech dont upload to other trackers because it is private and if they find out somehow that you did it you can expect to be banned permanantly

06-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Only problem is if you download something off say torrentleech dont upload to other trackers because it is private and if they find out somehow that you did it you can expect to be banned permanantly

Will you be banned from the private tracker that you downloaded it from (TorrentLeech etc) or the site you uploaded it to?

santiclause85
06-01-2006, 12:23 PM
just make sure u check the sites rules cause theres a reason why the sites private, otherwise for example you'd be able to get bitme stuff on like everysite. then that would defeat the whole purpose of bitme ya know

technologya
06-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Its not cheating. Torrents its all about sharing stuff. Doesnt matter where it comes from.

aarkkando
06-01-2006, 07:48 PM
I think it wouldnt be immoral if u give due credit to the ripper or the original uploader when u upload in another site.