PDA

View Full Version : news.blueyonder.co.uk

akhlaq768
05-31-2006, 08:32 PM
I have read somewhere that Blueyonder provides a free Newsgroup service for their 10Mb line customers.

Currently I have been using Newshosting and find it great... But I have some financial worries at the moment and would like to cancel it.

Where can I get more information about Blueyonder Newsgroup?

Will they have issue in regards to the amount of download usage. I don't want to exceed their limits.

Thanks in advance

Chewie
05-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Configure your usenet software to connect to news.blueyonder.co.uk
You don't need to use a username and password to download. I can't remember whether you need to use them for uploading though.
LINK (http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_overview)

akhlaq768
05-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the help

what is the retention like?

Should I presume that everything is exactly the same as NewsHosting, apart from the retention...

How many Connections (bots) do they allow? Newshosting allow 8.

Will I still be able to max out my connection?

thanks again:)

Chewie
05-31-2006, 09:27 PM
They carry a lot of groups for an ISP, although nowhere near the number that premuim services such as NewsHosting do.

Retention is only about 3-4 days but completion had been excellent for the many years I had used their service. What's better is that there's no cap so you can just leave your usenet software running.

I imagine you'll likely max it out for most of the time - especially with a multiconnecting program such as NewsBin Pro.

james_bond_rulez
06-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Currently I have been using Newshosting and find it great... But I have some financial worries at the moment and would like to cancel it.

you are breaking the natural balance of the p2p world...:o

gamer4eva
06-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Yeah if i were you i would stick to a premium service.