PDA

View Full Version : Where to get World Cup 2006 game movies ?

Danslik
06-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Hey guys,

I'm sure alot of you football (european) fans will be watching the world cup which is coming up soon. However I have checked the scheduals and most of the games that I would be interested in watching will be on live when I am in work. So my question is do anyone you know of a good location to download torrents of the World Cup games when they begin ?

manker
06-01-2006, 07:45 AM
I reckon torrentspy will have them. UKNova definitely will, but that's a private tracker.

Peerzy
06-01-2006, 12:35 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/bbc_coverage/5037426.stm

Watch them while at work or download the 4 minute highlight packs when you get home.

manker
06-01-2006, 01:29 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/bbc_coverage/5037426.stm

Watch them while at work or download the 4 minute highlight packs when you get home.
:w00t: I didn't know the BBC were doing that!

Just for us Brits, unfortunately - but I won't miss a single match now ... well, provided it's shown on teh Beeb, that is.

Chip Monk
06-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Are the BBC covering the Turkey games?

Danslik
06-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Alright, good to know I won't be missing any games. Thanks alot fellas.

Cheers

worldpease
06-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Or you could try 'Maxxed football forums',
that place is amaizing, you can find high quality rips of the important game,
and almost shure, the complete world cup...
...well, you'd better check it out for your self.

Formula1
06-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Or you could try 'Maxxed football forums',
that place is amaizing, you can find high quality rips of the important game,
and almost shure, the complete world cup...
...well, you'd better check it out for your self.

Thats an awesome forum indeed. :)

peat moss
06-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Saw this today : http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors/2006/06/world_cup_wimbledon_on_broadba_1.html

From Germany 2006 there'll be all the BBC games streamed live in video; every single match streamed in audio; and then video highlights on-demand, again for every game.

This reflects us taking seriously what you've been saying to us.

You want BBC Sport on the platform and at the time of your choice, and these days a broadcaster can't rely on simply putting on an event at a fixed time on a conventional tv channel.

scribblec
06-04-2006, 06:59 AM
Are the BBC covering the Turkey games?

hehe:whistling

Mr JP Fugley
06-04-2006, 08:42 AM
You want BBC Sport on the platform and at the time of your choice, and these days a broadcaster can't rely on simply putting on an event at a fixed time on a conventional tv channel.
The BBC could, they just don't because of who they are and how we fund them.

peat moss
06-04-2006, 11:16 AM
The BBC could, they just don't because of who they are and how we fund them.

The BBC is like Canada's CBC then , a Crown Corp . ?

Mr JP Fugley
06-04-2006, 11:34 AM
It's funded from the TV licence fee, which everyone must pay. As such it does not have to rely on advertising or other forms of revenue gathering.

It's charter specifically makes it cater to more minority interests, rather than always having to look at what will be popliar.

peat moss
06-04-2006, 12:23 PM
It's funded from the TV licence fee, which everyone must pay. As such it does not have to rely on advertising or other forms of revenue gathering.

It's charter specifically makes it cater to more minority interests, rather than always having to look at what will be popliar.

Oh like Public TV , I was thinking like ours funded by the tax payers but fully commercial . So in other words give us our Hockey or we riot ! :lol:

Seedler
06-12-2006, 01:45 AM
the piratebay.org or torrentspy.com