PDA

View Full Version : Engerland v Jamaica

Mr JP Fugley
06-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Just starting BBC1.

Which Engerland player will stupidly break a metatarsil(sp)?

Proper Bo
06-03-2006, 03:00 PM
6-0ftw:01:

GepperRankins
06-03-2006, 03:03 PM
my nieghbours started talking to me about it so i ran away :dabs:

nerval
06-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Good old Crouchy.
I knew he could do it, even when I was booing him for being crap the other week. And even though he skied that easy penalty.

But doesn't he look awkward and unco-ordinated when he gets the ball?
Good job it's goals that count and there's no points for style.:cry:

Cheese
06-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Hopefully Sven will have the team all practicing their penalties. :pinch:

In fact, it's a shame we're not more like American Football where they have a person whose job it is to come on and take penalties and that's all they do. We could have taken some old knacker like Shearer or Sheringham who can actually take a spot kick well.

Proper Bo
06-03-2006, 06:40 PM
beardsley:smilie4:

Cheese
06-03-2006, 06:44 PM
beardsley:smilie4:

All the England players should wear Beardsley masks to scare the opposition.

Cheese
06-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Though my plan might backfire and make the opponent's strikers run faster.

Proper Bo
06-03-2006, 07:07 PM
what about crouch? he wouldn't need one, shirly:blink:

Proper Bo
06-03-2006, 07:07 PM
am I the only person who still doesn't rate crouch, btw?

GepperRankins
06-03-2006, 07:18 PM
his celebration is fantastic FYI

nerval
06-03-2006, 08:24 PM

No you're not. He really is totally crap.
But he does have the pix of Sven and the goat, so he gets to play. A bit like Owqen Hargreaves, but worse.
If he was so good, he wouldn't have been passed round all those clubs.

He'd be quite good at hanging your washing line from though.

Mr JP Fugley
06-03-2006, 09:17 PM
So scoring goals, you chaps aren't interested in that. Looking good, that's more important.

Seedler
06-03-2006, 09:37 PM
rofl Jamaica Soccer teams...

They'd be a good match for like China or something.

Actually, that's kinda sad. China has like 1.4 billion ppl and Jamaica has 14.

DorisInsinuate
06-03-2006, 11:33 PM
When he's given time and space I think Crouch links up well with the team, and it's nice to have the lanky guy to aim for at set pieces, but that's about it.

Proper Bo
06-03-2006, 11:42 PM
how come he rarely wins the ball in the air though?:blink:

DorisInsinuate
06-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Pffft, I never said they should cross to his head. He'll just stride in at the back post or something.

Peerzy
06-04-2006, 12:57 AM
I love it how people say he has a good touch on the ground for a big guy, but fail to mention he's wank in the air.

Cheese
06-04-2006, 01:18 AM
rofl Jamaica Soccer teams...

They'd be a good match for like China or something.

Actually, that's kinda sad. China has like 1.4 billion ppl and Jamaica has 14.

Jamaica ranked 46th in the world.

China ranked 68th in the world.

Canada ranked 83rd in the world. :lol::lol::lol:

nerval
06-04-2006, 09:58 AM
So scoring goals, you chaps aren't interested in that. Looking good, that's more important.

Not at all, but when has Crouch ever scored when it mattered?
Your granny could have scored 3 against Jamaica, but with decent opposition who don't give him the time, Crouch can't hack it. He's slow, clumsy, can't read the game, and stupid.
But as long as he's got the photos of Sven and the goat, he'll carry on getting a place.

Mr JP Fugley
06-04-2006, 10:13 AM

Not at all, but when has Crouch ever scored when it mattered?

Bandwagonning cliches and drivel
How often has he played for Engerland in a game that mattered?

As far as I am aware and I could be wrong, he has played 7 times for Engerland and scored 5 goals. If you want to say that they were in meaningless friendlies then we'll adjust the statstics for Owen, Shearer etc as well.

How many people have scored a hat trick for Engerland, in a friendly or otherwise?

Fuck sake, give the guy a chance before you say he's rubbish in real competitive matches.

peat moss
06-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I turned the game on @ 5-0 and thought wow . Who is Peter Crouch I thought ,
I had never heard of him till the Robot dance . Gee mabye he should be a starter . :D

peat moss
06-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Hopefully Sven will have the team all practicing their penalties. :pinch:

In fact, it's a shame we're not more like American Football where they have a person whose job it is to come on and take penalties and that's all they do. We could have taken some old knacker like Shearer or Sheringham who can actually take a spot kick well.

Why not have the goalies do it , they more than anyone have a better perspective on the play . :unsure:

DorisInsinuate
06-04-2006, 10:56 AM
I've never understood that logic. How does a goalkeeper have a better perspective on penalties than everyone else?

Mr JP Fugley
06-04-2006, 10:58 AM
I've never understood that logic. How does a goalkeeper have a better perspective on penalties than everyone else?
I absolutely agree. If they could play football they wouldn't be in goal. Fact.

peat moss
06-04-2006, 11:06 AM
I'v seen it before my sons team does it but he's not just a goalie , have seen in the world cup aswell can't remember the team tho . South American mabye Mexico ?

Mr JP Fugley
06-04-2006, 11:13 AM
I'v seen it before my sons team does it but he's not just a goalie , have seen in the world cup aswell can't remember the team tho . South American mabye Mexico ?
Yeah, once in a blue moon. However that hardly constitutes good reason to make it common tactical practice at International level, the pinnacle of the sport.

With all due respect to the goal keeper in your son's team

DorisInsinuate
06-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Probably thinking of José Luis Chilavert of Paraguay. He was fecking ace at free kicks, and therefore also quite good at penalties, not that penalties are hard, you just ding it in to the corner.

peat moss
06-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Yeah, once in a blue moon. However that hardly constitutes good reason to make it common tactical practice at International level, the pinnacle of the sport.

Point taken JP , I was thinking more about Cheese's comment and NA. football ..

Two different sports and a lot different roles in both , in fact a football kicker is not really considered an athlete in North America if you can believe it .

Mr JP Fugley
06-04-2006, 11:26 AM

Two different sports and a lot different roles in both , in fact a football kicker is not really considered an athlete in North America if you can believe it .
Ignore him, he's a cawk. He supports Sunderland, who have never won anything. Fact.

Mr JP Fugley
06-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Probably thinking of José Luis Chilavert of Paraguay. He was fecking ace at free kicks, and therefore also quite good at penalties, not that penalties are hard, you just ding it in to the corner.
Back of the net. :http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:mCS-gXmXEQxNPM:www.uktvlms.tv/series_images/417_large.jpg:

peat moss
06-04-2006, 11:31 AM

Ignore him, he's a cawk. He supports Sunderland, who have never won anything. Fact.

The Black Cats ? Our Whitecaps beat them on their NA. tour . :)

Mr JP Fugley
06-04-2006, 11:35 AM

That, my friend is how bad they are. It's hardly surprising he's so bitter and twisted.

peat moss
06-04-2006, 11:50 AM
That, my friend is how bad they are. It's hardly surprising he's so bitter and twisted.

It was a good game, nice to see a real soccer team . I'll have to send Cheese a lttle "whine " next time we play . :P

Mr JP Fugley
06-04-2006, 11:53 AM

It was a good game, nice to see a real soccer team . I'll have to send Cheese a lttle "whine " next time we play . :P
I would do it before than, it could be years before you play again. Make a thread to wind him up about it. Bet he goes for it. Pics of you scoring against them would be good.

Spider_dude
06-04-2006, 12:00 PM
also call him a dirty shirt lifting mackem bastard.

peat moss
06-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Oh you guys are fucking mean , I love it hope he's a friend of yours . :cry:

Mr JP Fugley
06-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Oh you guys are fucking mean , I love it hope he's a friend of yours . :cry:
Feck no, he a soft southern poof. He couldn't be any gayer if he was Welsh, but living in Edinburro.