PDA

View Full Version : PC Keeps Restarting!

Elvenmunky
06-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Why does my Pc keep restarting during gameplay! im so annoyed....and everytime it restarts my taskbar icons setting turns off. ANyone had these problems?

lynx
06-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Have you turned off auto-restart?

Control Panel->system->Advanced tab->Startup & Recovery Settings->uncheck Automatically restart.

You may then get a "BSOD screen" indicating whare the problem lies.

Elvenmunky
06-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Thanx man!

carnage0203
06-12-2006, 03:11 PM
that kind of problem may be the cause of high cpu temprature... keep tracking your cpu and overall system temprature...

gevorg
06-15-2006, 07:12 AM
that kind of problem may be the cause of high cpu temprature... keep tracking your cpu and overall system temprature...

Seconded.

Have some utility thats compatible with you motherboard run in the background and record the temps of your CPU. Checkout its log after the computer restarts again.

jrobertsondj
06-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Why does my Pc keep restarting during gameplay! im so annoyed....and everytime it restarts my taskbar icons setting turns off. ANyone had these problems?

Mine did the same found out it was the modem driver that caused it.
Downloaded driver update.
Alright up to now(fingers crossed)

erRor67
06-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Had this happen to my laptop. Doesnt do it anymore but I was pretty sure it was the high temps. :(

Skiz
06-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Could also be a memeory problem rooted back to a device driver most likely.

hslayer
06-27-2006, 05:40 AM
my computer does this too..

Wolfmight
06-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Restarts are due to hardware problems 95% of the time. If they are very common, something may be configured incorrectly in the bios or physcially damaged in your system. If they are somewhat occuring, the temprature is probably too high sometimes... replace the fans and install other cooling solutions to comensate. If they are rare, it could be a virus or graphics card malfunction.

It could also be your power supply unit sparking (crappy powersupply specs... Low Wattage, no protection, etc)