PDA

View Full Version : How much my mate hates the England Football Team

Mr JP Fugley
06-10-2006, 09:24 AM
This lad has two season tickets for t'Hoops and is a lifelong fan, he is normally of sound mind.

He said to me the other day "Even in the unlikely event that the entire Engerland squad was made up of Celtic players and the manager was St Martin O'Neill, I still wouldn't even consider supporting them".

Harsh, but honest.

Cheese
06-10-2006, 09:28 AM
I totally wanted Scotland to win in 1978 when England weren't there.

Mr JP Fugley
06-10-2006, 09:32 AM
I totally wanted Scotland to win in 1978 when England weren't there.

http://www.journeesdacier.com/nosmoking/information/choc/foetus.jpg

Cheese
06-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Actually I was one year old then, I got so excited when Archie Gemmill scored that I pooped my pants.

peat moss
06-10-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm not Engrish and I like the team and their chances !

Mr JP Fugley
06-10-2006, 09:43 AM
I thought you would be a sprog, but I got the image from here http://cimbomgalatasaray.skynetblogs.be/?date=20041031&number=7&unit=days so I couldn't resist posting it.

True story

Mr JP Fugley
06-10-2006, 09:45 AM
You're from Canadia and base your football opinions on the goalkeeper in your young son's soccer team. So your opinion doesn't count. I know that seems harsh, but it is the law, sorry.

Cheese
06-10-2006, 09:49 AM
When manker was down I asked him if he was going to be supporting England at the World Cup and he said yes. He might just have been being polite though. :unsure:

peat moss
06-10-2006, 09:51 AM
I thought you would be a sprog, but I got the image from here http://cimbomgalatasaray.skynetblogs.be/?date=20041031&number=7&unit=days so I couldn't resist posting it.

True story

Thought you ment me JP till I clcked on the link . :D Game starts at 6:00 am here gots me alarm all set . Paraguay's a good test me thinks .

Hey how come Sweden's playing two teams tomorrow Trinidad then Tobago, does that count as two wins ? :P

peat moss
06-10-2006, 09:52 AM
You're from Canadia and base your football opinions on the goalkeeper in your young son's soccer team. So your opinion doesn't count. I know that seems harsh, but it is the law, sorry.

Ouch ! :)

Mr JP Fugley
06-10-2006, 11:29 AM
The Englerland v My Beloved Paraguay is actually the big game.

Whomsoever wins it will almost certainly go thro' as both will beat Trinidad & Scotland, so will get at least second plaice.

manker
06-10-2006, 12:28 PM
When manker was down I asked him if he was going to be supporting England at the World Cup and he said yes. He might just have been being polite though. :unsure:
Just off to the pub now.

The lads are split 50/50 as to supporting England - I'm in the 'I want England to do well because we watch and obsess over the English clubs and the players every week, you stupid cunts' camp.

Mr JP Fugley
06-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Just off to the pub now.

The lads are split 50/50 as to supporting England - I'm in the 'I want England to do well because we watch and obsess over the English clubs and the players every week, you stupid cunts' camp.
Yeah, like that matters.

Biggles
06-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Can't quite bring myself to support Engerland. I have on occasion thought I might but it doesn't usually make it past the pundits' pre-match talk.

If I turned the sound down I might just manage it. :ermm:

Mr JP Fugley
06-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Can't quite bring myself to support Engerland. I have on occasion thought I might but it doesn't usually make it past the pundits' pre-match talk.

I actually can't think of any reason why I would support them, seriously. I can support Ireland because that's where my Grandparents were born, or teams who have current Celtic players in them, or whatever. There is no reason I can think of to support Engerland. I would expect them to feel the same way, why would they want to support us.

Biggles
06-10-2006, 06:57 PM

I actually can't think of any reason why I would support them, seriously. I can support Ireland because that's where my Grandparents were born, or teams who have current Celtic players in them, or whatever. There is no reason I can think of to support Engerland. I would expect them to feel the same way, why would they want to support us.

Fair point. I always get seduced by the Brazilian football anyway and usually end up wanting to see them go all the way so supporting Engerland becomes academic. Having been in a pub in Winchester when Scotland were playing England and bemused by the lengthy chorus of "kill the Scottish bastards" I have my doubts as to the authenticity of claims of general goodwill towards us :)

Mr JP Fugley
06-10-2006, 07:01 PM

Fair point. I always get seduced by the Brazilian football anyway and usually end up wanting to see them go all the way so supporting Engerland becomes academic. Having been in a pub in Winchester when Scotland were playing England and bemused by the lengthy chorus of "kill the Scottish bastards" I have my doubts as to the authenticity of claims of general goodwill towards us :)
:lol: indeed.

One is allowed to follow Brazil just coz they play football the way God intended.