PDA

View Full Version : Best client for seeding ?

Piyush Singh
06-10-2006, 07:37 PM
What is the best client for seeding in ur opinion ?
I am asking this because I used to prefer bittornado in super seed mode, but here I am ,seeding 2 on bitme & 1 on oink & using only 25% of my upload limit,with leechers avbl.
Or,to rephrase the question,which is the most aggresive client out there that can squeeze the last ounce of my up/down bandwidth ?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thx.

LinkS v2.0
06-10-2006, 09:46 PM
azureus tends to have a better seeding queue

rguinn
06-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Transmission. of course, it's banned at oink, which sort of puts a wrench in the system

but on a serious note, I get the same problem with oink.me and bitme. even when there's an abundance of leechers (rare) my upload blows. at the same time, if I start up a torrent at myspleen or demonoid my upload shoots up to its limit and the previously mentioned sites are left with the scraps.

the only way I can seem to get a good upload at oink is to have like 373854354 torrents seeding at once.

Piyush Singh
06-11-2006, 03:35 AM
Maxing download speed is easy but sitting at all that wasted upload bandwidth & pressure to maintain good ratios at all those private trackers is pathetic indeed.
The upload speed I am referring to here is for the torrents I'm uploading with no one seeding except me...
Any other opinions ?

syD
06-19-2006, 08:19 PM
i noticed utorrent gets somewhat better speeds than azureus on the same torrent... i tested it once and my upspeed was constantly maxed out with utorrent, while idling with azureus.

then again, i'm a utorrent freak and dislike azureus, so my opinion might be a little subjective... who knows? :D

Evandro
06-19-2006, 08:51 PM
I agree. On uTorrent I get the best upload speed. Azureus isn't too convincing .

gamer4eva
06-19-2006, 09:02 PM
uTorrent all the way people.

j0hn
06-20-2006, 02:55 AM
dont use superseed on utorrent 1.4/1.5 as its pretty much screwed.
it hasnt worked since version 1.2 or something (its on their forums).

superseed should only be used when ur the only seeder with a full copy of the file. it harms the swarm to use it in other occasions.

to answer ur question though, i find utorrent to be the best for uploading. just make sure u limit the number of upload slots though. having 100 upload slots will just send at tiny speeds to each person, and each connection made uses some bandwidth

crapthings
06-21-2006, 09:18 PM
utorrent is good for me

gossard25
06-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Utorrent is the way to go:)

Piyush Singh
06-22-2006, 04:23 AM
Thanks for ur opinions,guys.
But somehow utorrent is not what I'm satisfied as far as superseeding is concerned.
Till I find a better solution,I'd stick to Bittornado...I guess.

spenz
06-22-2006, 02:26 PM
well for me utorrent is not ok i consistently get .2-10kb/s upload even if leechers are so high. in contrast when i download using utorrent it can shoot up to 612kb/s download at high seeds and 200-400+kb/s at average seeds of a file. it's freaking weird and unimaginable how is this happening indeed. i tried to talk about this in my ISP but they said they don't have upload limiting or something im paranoid of, and besides they told me afterwards that this is the ist time they heard about such a problem. lol

eskayes
06-23-2006, 01:01 AM
Utorrent all the way. I was using azureus & ziptorrent earlier but find utorrent to be a better D/L er & U/L er.
Very nice sig 'gamer4eva'!:)

gazal
06-25-2006, 02:54 AM
i dont know about superseeding speeds, but i get the best speeds using µTorrent (both DL & UL)...
I used to be an Azureus fan but with so much less system requirements µTorrent is just super great