PDA

View Full Version : iPod Vs. my Harddrive - I need help, please!

Hairbautt
06-11-2006, 03:32 AM
I spent about $400 bucks on a iPod and acessories today.

I loaded the software, engaged the iPod 30GB (Video model) and plugged it into my USB 2.0. :( It worked once. Now I keep getting this yellow exclamation in my systray which if clicked it disappears only to reappear in a couple of seconds.

This happens when I plug my iPod into the USB port, iTunes fails to load saying something like "Drive Unavailable; you may not have permission, blah blah blah" (I am the admin account). Anyways that ain't the scary part.

:cry: The scary part is that my external USB 160 GB hard drive begins to fade.:mellow: I'm not kidding. I open my documents (which is on my Media ex. HD) and my music folder begins to disappear. Other folders such as 'my pictures' do the same and sometimes come up as "inaccesible or maybe corrupt". When I go to shutdown, I get about two error messages saying "Unable to save E:\Folder\blah blah blah"...I've lost two folders already. Next reboot "Red Hot Chili Peppers" and "Dashboard Confessional" come up as corrupt.

I've had to copy all existing folders to my main drive (some more would not copy since they are "corrupt or not found"), reformat my external media drive, then recopy the folders back.

Works, fine now. Then I plugged in my iPod. SAME GOD DAMN THING. :angry: Sorry, its annoying.

I need help, I've exhausted all my options already such as relettering my iPod HD, to reinstalling all HD drivers...:wacko:

Help me. Please.:sick:

gevorg
06-15-2006, 07:15 AM
Go to Device Manager - [your hard drive/ipod] - Properties - Policies, and select "Optimize for Quick Removal".

Hairbautt
06-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Wow I don't remember writting this...

Anyways I did that already & it saved all my information from getting corrupt any further so thank you. Good tip for sure. Other than that, everytime I plug it (the iPod) in --->my Media Drive becomes 'unstable' and inaccessible and soon disappears. Uplug, restart, its my drive is back.

I found the answer already after a day. Its the Connector Cord (from my iPod to my Computer) is a 3rd party plug. I started using the Apple Original Cable, no problem what-so-ever. Can you beleive that?

That to me is some strange B.S.