PDA

View Full Version : how to make 350mb Xvid?

worldpease
06-12-2006, 03:24 AM
Ok, Im back, and with more questions :ermm: .
The thing is that Im 'capping' the WorldCup Highlights in mpeg2, but this video format is quite big (300mb for 5minutes of video),
so I started converting to Divx, but to get a decent high quality file playable in my Home Theater, the encoded video
still is too big (I get a 150mg Divx from a 300mb mpeg).
So for the first time, I decided to try Xvid, and Damn I was impressed!,
I get almost perfect image for only 80mb (5 mins), but then I thought about it and I believe the file is still too big,
what I mean is that for example: all the Xvid TV episodes I dld are '350mb x 42mins' with exelent image, wich means that I should
be able to get a '40mb x 5mins' file. So I would like to know how to do it.

I did a search on the web, like '350mb tv rip guide' and stuff like that,
but so far nothing helpful.

*Im just using 'VirtualDub-MPEG2 1.6.15'.
Thanks in advance guys.

worldpease
06-12-2006, 08:59 PM
C'mon people!,
at least an idea or how you would doit better.

worldpease
06-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Ok, the size problem as been resolved, I used 'AutoGK' to get the avi the size I wanted and with very good quality.
But when I play the xvid on my Home Theater, hte video kind of jumps, like if it
wanted to skip like some xvid I've downloaded before.

Is it the MP3 audio?,
sould I try AC3?
Damn Im geting tired of tweaking it (the xvid settings).

These are my settings.
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/8551/settings1hx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

lynx
06-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Can't understand why you would have problems with DivX, it's simply a case of setting the desired bit rates, and of course using 2-pass encoding. You will always get jerky playback if you use single pass.

I use Dr Divx (which is really just a front end) and set the parameters accordingly. I usually aim for 345MB output size (for 40-45min view time), simply because 13 episodes at that size will fit onto a DVD, compared to 12 at 350MB.

Oh, and you can save your settings so you don't need to keep tweaking them

worldpease
06-12-2006, 11:37 PM
This time Im not using Divx, it doesn't give me the desired quality and compression.
Im using Xvid encoding.