PDA

View Full Version : Sticky: BaWa's goal updates

Spider_dude
06-12-2006, 06:52 PM
how did the merkins get on?

Proper Bo
06-12-2006, 06:53 PM
I believe the correct term for it is "pwned".

DorisInsinuate
06-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Pfffft, piss off Bo, your goal updates are shite and uninformative, I prefer my updates from BaWa.

Cheese
06-12-2006, 06:56 PM
It's a shame because I wanted USA to do well enough to get to the latter stages and be knocked out by England. USA are on my list of teams I want to see get beat by England which also includes Australia and Germany.

Chip Monk
06-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Weren't the USA in the fourth semi final the last time.

Spider_dude
06-12-2006, 10:42 PM
yeah they beat scotland to win the championship manager 2005/06 cup.

Busyman™
06-12-2006, 11:26 PM
It's a shame because I wanted USA to do well enough to get to the latter stages and be knocked out by England. USA are on my list of teams I want to see get beat by England which also includes Australia and Germany.
The US couldn't even manage 1 goal.:dry:

Talk about an ass-whippin'.

Peerzy
06-13-2006, 12:05 AM
They should invade the Czech Repulic, get their pride back n' all.

Busyman™
06-13-2006, 12:23 AM
Nah, didn't you know? We Americans don't care about soccer that much.

Still though, that score is fucking pathetic....and we're ranked #5? Wtf!

Sounds like a bullshit rank to me. We did lose to a #2 ranked team though.

Can someone explain why #5 plays #2 but a team like England (10 I think) plays a team like Paraguay (thirty fucking three)?:blink: Then England plays an even lower ranked team TnT, at 47th. We play Italy next (13).

Who the hell comes up with these groupings?

GepperRankins
06-13-2006, 01:17 AM
US > england. lolololololololololol

Cheese
06-13-2006, 03:44 AM
They should invade the Czech Repulic, get their pride back n' all. Nah, didn't you know? We Americans don't care about soccer that much.

Can someone explain why #5 plays #2 but a team like England (10 I think) plays a team like Paraguay (thirty fucking three)?:blink: Then England plays an even lower ranked team TnT, at 47th. We play Italy next (13).

Basically there is a different seeding system for the World Cup. USA are ranked 9th and the Czechs are ranked 16th, England are ranked 2nd and Paraguay are 15th. So, in fact, England had to contend with superior opposition. At least, if you are the kind of person that takes stock in seedings and rankings.

Don't worry though, USA's last game is against Angola who are seeded at 31. Should be a stroll in the park...

Busyman™
06-13-2006, 04:34 AM
Nah, didn't you know? We Americans don't care about soccer that much.

Basically there is a different seeding system for the World Cup. USA are ranked 9th and the Czechs are ranked 16th, England are ranked 2nd and Paraguay are 15th. So, in fact, England had to contend with superior opposition. At least, if you are the kind of person that takes stock in seedings and rankings.

Don't worry though, USA's last game is against Angola who are seeded at 31. Should be a stroll in the park...
I doubt it. I don't know much about US soccer but looked shit against the Czechs.

Also how does a 2nd seed playing a 15th seed make for superior opposition?

I do take stock in rankings but it seems to be different over yonder. How did those seedings come about? The Czechs are rated #2 in the world but 15th in the WC?

For instance, in the NBA and NFL, the teams with the best record play the teams with worst in the playoffs (I understand records can't come into play here). In college football, strength of schedule is looked at so even if an undefeated team has played all shit teams then they get a #1 rank. The players are also looked at as far how good they are.

A player like Ronaldinho (but apply him to college football), for instance, would help drive up a team's ranking right away. If the US is beatings teams like Barbados or some shit and ain't playin' Euro teams then their rankingsseedingswhateverthefuck mean fuck all.

I just need to make sense of these rankings. I understand it's harder due to it being international but I guess I'll have research it on my own. While I'm at work tomorrow seems like a good bet since I'm still cooped up in the fucking office.

manker
06-13-2006, 08:07 AM
You're going to have to claim a busyrod in a minute - you're looking increasingly stupid.

Look at this link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seeding_for_2006_FIFA_World_Cup) and stop thinking about what they do in the NFL and the NBA. It's totally unconnected, dick 'ed.

Busyman™
06-13-2006, 08:57 AM
You're going to have to claim a busyrod in a minute - you're looking increasingly stupid.

Look at this link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seeding_for_2006_FIFA_World_Cup) and stop thinking about what they do in the NFL and the NBA. It's totally unconnected, dick 'ed.
You don't say? The fact it was unconnected was CaptainObvious to me by the previous post.

Cheese already explained it elsewhere. You are about some hours late, nipshit.

Thanks for chiming in, again, miserable polished turd.:wacko:

manker
06-13-2006, 09:04 AM

You don't say? The fact it was unconnected was CaptainObvious to me by the previous post.

Thanks for chiming in, again, miserable polished turd.:wacko:Yup, Cheese mentioned this link an hour before your post here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1363806&postcount=13) and a whole nine hours before your post here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1363516&postcount=125).

Both of Cheese's replies were directed at you and quoted you.

I thought if you'd already missed it twice, you might just get it if I beat you over the head with it a third time.

How did you do?

Busyman™
06-13-2006, 09:15 AM

Thanks for chiming in, again, miserable polished turd.:wacko:Yup, Cheese mentioned this link an hour before your post here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1363806&postcount=13) and a whole nine hours before your post here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1363516&postcount=125).

Both of Cheese's replies were directed at you and quoted you.

I thought if you'd already missed it twice, you might just get it if I beat you over the head with it a third time.

How did you do?
Uh huh and your 1st link was in a thread I made. Kinda hard ta miss. With replies by me after it in my own thread.:1eye:

manker
06-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Is that another busyrod that you're claiming.

I am so very, very shocked.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I might put this in my sig, whatcha think:

Spider_dude
06-13-2006, 10:55 PM
thumbarse leave the merkin alain.

WOX
06-13-2006, 11:10 PM

i bet bush is plannin something at this moment and i don't want to think what they will do to italy.

Busyman™
06-14-2006, 12:39 AM

i bet bush is plannin something at this moment and i don't want to think what they will do to italy.
I doubt he cares about it too much...unless the US wins of course. Then there'd the team 'ill be invited to the White House and shit.:dry:

It seems that Congress pays a whole lot of attention to baseball, so Japan might be ripe for invasion since we were shit over there too.

Seedler
06-14-2006, 10:59 AM

National sex-change?:O