PDA

View Full Version : Public tracker as good as private ones?

warfab
06-15-2006, 12:55 AM
Check out http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.eastgame.net%2F&langpair=zh-CN%7Cen&hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Or if you don't mind reading it in Chinese... http://bt.eastgame.net/

And if a certain EarlZ reads this (you're a lamer).

deuce6000
06-15-2006, 12:59 AM
I never think public are better then private it seems they always have low seeder/leecher ratio and it is definately less safe to use public then private.Also whoever earlz is must be a lamer if warfab says so :P

warfab
06-15-2006, 01:03 AM
I never think public are better then private it seems they always have low seeder/leecher ratio and it is definately less safe to use public then private.Also whoever earlz is must be a lamer if warfab says so :P

I actually get decent speeds on this public chinese tracker site (at least on game torrents). I think this is the top chinese tracker site. I'm usually on the lookout for chinese torrent sites with console games...

deuce6000
06-15-2006, 01:04 AM

I actually get decent speeds on this public chinese tracker site (at least on game torrents). I think this is the top chinese tracker site. I'm usually on the lookout for chinese torrent sites with console games...

Yeah maybe the chinese are good at seeding i dont know i have never tried one out i guess i will give it a shot one of these days.

Dedalus^
06-15-2006, 01:11 AM
looks very decent.

I'm pretty sure chinese BT sites are just as safe as private ones... =P. There are no real file sharing enforcements in china. They say its not recommended, but no one cares... Americans make the software, the Chinese businesses dont mind :).

deuce6000
06-15-2006, 01:15 AM
Yeah i just meant public trackers in general but im sure if your from america and you download a torrent from a chinese site you can still be screwed if they catch you and feel like being douchebags that day.

warfab
06-15-2006, 01:15 AM
looks very decent.

I'm pretty sure chinese BT sites are just as safe as private ones... =P. There are no real file sharing enforcements in china. They say its not recommended, but no one cares... Americans make the software, the Chinese businesses dont mind :).

LOL. That's why the Philippines is the dumping ground for China products including MP3/MP4 players that look like iPods and vehicles that are copied from Japanese vehicles (particularly SUVs).

bigjoe75
06-16-2006, 10:38 AM

I agree, the two times I used a public tracker I got the letter from the copyright thing. public trackers are garbage. I will never use them again.

justinius23
06-16-2006, 11:54 AM

I agree, the two times I used a public tracker I got the letter from the copyright thing. public trackers are garbage. I will never use them again.

what were you downloading from the public ones if you don't mind me asking?

for some reason i thought it was only the newest releases that get watched on them (like the da vinci code or the omen nowadays).

i personally wouldn't d/l the new 'hot' release from torrentspy or something. i think private trackers are the way to go for new movies and things.

bigjoe75
06-16-2006, 11:57 AM

what were you downloading from the public ones if you don't mind me asking?

for some reason i thought it was only the newest releases that get watched on them (like the da vinci code or the omen nowadays).

i personally wouldn't d/l the new 'hot' release from torrentspy or something. i think private trackers are the way to go for new movies and things.

Happy gilmore and carlito's way, not exactly new. thay watch everything.

justinius23
06-16-2006, 02:39 PM
Happy gilmore and carlito's way, not exactly new. thay watch everything.

good thing i don't download films from public trackers then. maybe you should have been more careful.

bigjoe75
06-16-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't dl from public trackers anymore.

ricky912
06-16-2006, 05:53 PM
private trackers are usally faster because you have to keep a good ratio.

Piyush Singh
06-16-2006, 06:45 PM
On some popular torrents u get a faster swarm speed just because of the fact that public trackers have more people seeding/leeching than the more exclusive private ones.

warfab
06-17-2006, 02:59 AM
At least for those who reside in countries wherein their governments aren't snooping on what they are downloading, http://bt.eastgame.net/ is really a gem :D