PDA

View Full Version : Yesx3!!! England fired into Second Stage!

hanashian
06-15-2006, 06:07 PM
England won Trinidad and Tobago 2-0!! Yes!!! Exciting match it is. The late goals made the match as one of the most amazing WC Finals in the tournament! Nice goal for Gerrard! Yes!!:lol:

Gripper
06-15-2006, 06:09 PM
:D :D :D Bloody hard going though, gonna have to play better in future.

Proper Bo
06-15-2006, 06:10 PM
the game was a bit shit:dabs:

hanashian
06-15-2006, 06:13 PM
yeah, Lampard got a yellow card for no good reason. Bad for England.... But he was playing magnificently in the game, not to mention that he can't get the result.. Anyway, Rooney is in for the rest of the games. Tat's a good news!

Mr JP Fugley
06-15-2006, 06:31 PM
yeah, Lampard got a yellow card for no good reason. Bad for England.... But he was playing magnificently in the game, not to mention that he can't get the result.. Anyway, Rooney is in for the rest of the games. Tat's a good news!
Are you joking, Lampard was dire and should be dropped. Allowing Gerrard to play attacking midfield which is is one of the best in the World at.

Owen and Lampard out. Rooney and Lennon in. Gerrard playing further forward than he was. Then you've got a team.

thewizeard
06-15-2006, 06:31 PM
..the last goal was a masterpiece...brilliant

Mr JP Fugley
06-15-2006, 06:35 PM
..the last goal was a masterpiece...brilliant
Agreed, he should be playing further forward all the time.

Shaker Highslope must hate Gerrard. Fact.

DorisInsinuate
06-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Honourable mentions for Cornell Glen and John Terry before anyone forgets they were in the game.

Also I thought the width Stewart Downing provided was a factor leading to the first goal.

Proper Bo
06-15-2006, 06:53 PM
I still say crouch sucks bawls :dabs:

Mr JP Fugley
06-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Honourable mentions for Cornell Glen and John Terry before anyone forgets they were in the game.

Also I thought the width Stewart Downing provided was a factor leading to the first goal.
His cross field pass which was nodded back to Beckingham was pretty ace.

Terry did play a blinder (as usual). He saved you a couple of times. I think folk just take that for granted now.

tesco
06-15-2006, 09:02 PM
I could easily and honestly say that this game was the most exciting soccer / english football game i've ever watched. :P

Was pretty exciting, a guy getting kicked in the face, an amazing save by another (maybe the same) guy when the ball wassurely going in, a guy missing the net by miles on an wide open kick, etc. :w00t:

CrabGirl
06-15-2006, 09:08 PM
I could easily and honestly say that this game was the most exciting soccer / english football game i've ever watched. :P

Was pretty exciting, a guy getting kicked in the face, an amazing save by another (maybe the same) guy when the ball wassurely going in, a guy missing the net by miles on an wide open kick, etc. :w00t:

I guess if you don't watch a lot of "english football" you could be impressed by that game. I've never seen Moose racing but if I watched the Canadian State finals I'd probably be really impressed at the top-notch Moose-handling. There were too many mistakes and near-misses and we've a long way to go yet.

Thanks for the support though, and enjoy the rest of the tournament. :)

Mr JP Fugley
06-15-2006, 09:16 PM

I guess if you don't watch a lot of "english football" you could be impressed by that game. I've never seen Moose racing but if I watched the Canadian State finals I'd probably be really impressed at the top-notch Moose-handling. There were too many mistakes and near-misses and we've a long way to go yet.

Translation - Engerland were shite against third rate opposition and nearly blew it.

DanB
06-15-2006, 09:21 PM
I threw so much stuff at the tv in the pub I got ased to leave :(

CrabGirl
06-15-2006, 09:23 PM
I got a perforated eardrum from beer flying at me at speed

Mr JP Fugley
06-15-2006, 09:24 PM
I threw so much stuff at the tv in the pub I got ased to leave :(
Don't you usually ass after you leave, in the carpark.

DanB
06-15-2006, 09:25 PM
la la

DanB
06-15-2006, 09:25 PM
its not xmas time jp

Cheese
06-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Bastids, can you not use spoiler tags in your titles for those of us who haven't read Bawa's footie scores thread yet.

Mr JP Fugley
06-15-2006, 09:30 PM
its not xmas time jp
:glag: :earl:

Mr JP Fugley
06-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Bastids, can you not use spoiler tags in your titles for those of us who haven't read Bawa's footie scores thread yet.
Graham Taylor ftw.

DanB
06-15-2006, 09:34 PM
turnip head cunt

Mr JP Fugley
06-15-2006, 09:35 PM
turnip head cunt
A tad harsh perhaps.

DanB
06-15-2006, 09:36 PM
a tad maybe, but wtf who cares rly

Mr JP Fugley
06-15-2006, 09:37 PM
a tad maybe, but wtf who cares rly
Fair point, well presented.

DanB
06-15-2006, 09:40 PM
do you know hat topped the win off? a phone call from Crystal 10 mins after time :wub:

Cheese
06-15-2006, 09:42 PM
do you know hat topped the win off? a phone call from Crystal 10 mins after time :wub:

I like to top my win off with a bit of phone sex as well.

DanB
06-15-2006, 09:45 PM
there was none of that shenannigans

Seedler
06-16-2006, 02:15 AM
Engerand's playing shet.

Barbarossa
06-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Are you joking, Lampard was dire and should be dropped. Allowing Gerrard to play attacking midfield which is is one of the best in the World at.

Owen and Lampard out. Rooney and Lennon in. Gerrard playing further forward than he was. Then you've got a team.

Lampard is so overrated, Gerrard is so much better, but when Lampard plays for England, Gerrard is stifled. How many chances did Lampard miss, and Gerrard scores with his first sight of goal. Says alot, that does.

hanashian
06-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Maybe the positioning of Gerrard made him a balanced attacking and defending player, but not attacking midfielder... Anyway, the last minute goal of Gerrard is too magnificent! I like it when a player can strike a goal like that. Lampard can strike a goal like that too for Chelsea.. But not for World Cup... Weird.. Maybe the tension is very much different from any toher tournament, as the name says it's "World" Cup. But Gerrard did made it, striking the crucial goals for England. Well Done! But i guess the player of that match should be John Terry for saving the goal from T&T... Which might affect the spirits of England team if not...

DorisInsinuate
06-16-2006, 11:58 AM
What was wrong with the old system England used where Gerrard and Lampard would decide between themselves who would go forward?

4play
06-16-2006, 12:09 PM
There is nothing wrong with that system. Lampard never played badly either and as soon as lennon was running down the right wing stretching there defense it gave lamps a chance to make runs into the box which created a good few chances for goals. IF only he had finished a few which he normally does you would be singing his praises. gerrard finally had a bit more room as well allowing him to score.

peat moss
06-16-2006, 12:54 PM

Translation - Engerland were shite against third rate opposition and nearly blew it.

That's the trouble with playing down to the opponent you can't please the fans . You beat them 10-0 and its because they don't belong on the same field .

Chip Monk
06-16-2006, 02:32 PM
There is nothing wrong with that system. Lampard never played badly either and as soon as lennon was running down the right wing stretching there defense it gave lamps a chance to make runs into the box which created a good few chances for goals. IF only he had finished a few which he normally does you would be singing his praises. gerrard finally had a bit more room as well allowing him to score.
Looking at the World thro' a slightly blue tinted glass there old bean. Lampard really wasn't very good at all. He seems lost without Macadamian.

And also, did any of you notice that the Gerrard goal was hit with his bad foot.

Biggles
06-16-2006, 03:48 PM
I felt a tad sorry for T&T. Crouch is a cheating git! If the ref had spotted the hair pulling the goal would have been chalked off and I suspect the game would have fizzled out to a 0-0 draw.

Still, I guess these things even themselves out. England will probably get Germany in the next round and the ref will put the hosts through on a dodgy penalty :)

Argentina :blink: = awesome.

Also thought he Ivory Coast played beautifully. Hope Brazil hide Ronaldo's dough-nuts. :ermm:

DanB
06-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Engerand's playing shet.

Whereas Canadia are playing fucking awesomely

Cheese
06-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Engerand's playing shet.
Whereas Canadia are playing fucking awesomely
They're having a Turkish World Cup.

Seedler
06-17-2006, 03:35 AM
Engerland sux. I want Ethiopia to win.:dry:

Cheese
06-17-2006, 07:43 AM

You suck, I want you to get hit by a car.

Agrajag
06-17-2006, 08:58 AM

You suck, I want you to get hit by a car.
A proper metal one this time, not some Canadian, eco-friendly, plastic one.