PDA

View Full Version : Flatmate using all bandwidth constantly downloading movies, how yo thwart him ?

mikeote
06-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi

My damn flatmate is using all the bandwidth by downloading movies always, never stops, always crappy slow internet for me even though we have 8mb line, I know for a fact that he doesn't share after downloading, he just leeches.

How to stop him ? Can I block the port bit comet uses ? I don't have direct access to the router which is in the adjacent flat, we have a range extender here, i'm unsure which router model it is though I think it's belkin.

Can you help thwart him ?

Thanks
Regards..
Mike

gamer4eva
06-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Just tell him to slow down. Didnt know it required forum help to answer that one. :lol:

deuce6000
06-16-2006, 11:16 PM
There are programs out there that limit bandwidth you could try one of those and see if it works.Last resort go over there and smash his modem into 100 pieces and say you dont know what happened :)

zak2210
06-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Last resort go over there and smash his modem into 100 pieces and say you dont know what happened :)
That would be my first and I recommend it :lol:

gamer4eva
06-17-2006, 12:15 AM
You guys crack me up believe. I would go round his house and cut his wire.....which i have done to someone that got on my nerves. He wont realise it until he actually thinks really hard. But with the modem its there near your PC lol so either way he can get a new one right away. Are these tips legal. :lol:

warfab
06-17-2006, 02:59 AM
Last resort go over there and smash his modem into 100 pieces and say you dont know what happened :)
That would be my first and I recommend it :lol:

LOL :P