PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who doesn't care about the World Cup?

RealLifePixel
06-17-2006, 02:25 AM
I don't think of myself as an ignorant American, but when it comes to the World Cup though, man, I have a hard time faking concern. I don't care. And I think it is an ugly trophy too. And come on! How can any sport with a score of nothing/nothing be considered entertaining? I just don't get it.

GepperRankins
06-17-2006, 02:31 AM
i'm engerlish and i dun care much

peat moss
06-17-2006, 02:38 AM
It's a sport that grows on you . I know JP will insert some reference to my boys playing the game but its like chess on grass ? Some people well never get it but to the few that do , beautiful sport .

Sorry my reference was meant for the North American sport fan .

Seedler
06-17-2006, 03:16 AM
Soccer in the US isn't that big.

lee551
06-17-2006, 05:05 AM
i have the same sentiment as you. in the united states soccer just isn't popular for some reason. playing fifa is fun though. :)

thewizeard
06-17-2006, 06:41 AM
I don't think of myself as an ignorant American, but when it comes to the World Cup though, man, I have a hard time faking concern. I don't care. And I think it is an ugly trophy too. And come on! How can any sport with a score of nothing/nothing be considered entertaining? I just don't get it.

Look, you take our sports..like football.. and call it soccer, you take our game of rugby and call it football..you take out game of rounders and call it baseball.. so, if you haven't anything useful to say, then STFU... ;)

nah...just kidding m8..you have your right to freedom of expression, just use it criticising your own sports..oh but you can't, as you haven't invented any of your own yet...:P

Chewie
06-17-2006, 06:47 AM
...your own sports..oh but you can't, as you haven't invented any of your own yet...:P
Dodgeball?

thewizeard
06-17-2006, 06:51 AM
.. I was forgetting the dodge ball, your goal keeper plays that I believe.. ;)

Edit: PS. I don't really "care" about the world cup, ReaLifePixel...

Cheese
06-17-2006, 07:37 AM

You don't have to like it. If you don't like it don't watch it. Or, better yet, go to the effort of making a thread on an interweb forum to express your apathy of it.

Agrajag
06-17-2006, 09:07 AM
It's a sport that grows on you . I know JP will insert some reference to my boys playing the game but its like chess on grass ? Some people well never get it but to the few that do , beautiful sport .

Sorry my reference was meant for the North American sport fan .
1. It is absolutely nothing like chess on grass. Chess is a batle simulation, where players each take a turn to move a piece and pieces are removed from the board as they are "taken". That is one of the worst analogies I have ever heard.

2. "to the few that do" what the fuck does that mean. Football is the World's sport and is played and watched by hundreds of millions of viewers, all over the World. Over a billion people will watch the World cup final. How in the name of fuck is that "the few that do".

You Americans are so parochial it sickens everyone else. Association football is a much bigger game than any of the sports, specifically designed to be advert friendly, that you play / watch.

DorisInsinuate
06-17-2006, 09:08 AM
RealLifePixel could care less.

Nil-nil draws are boring, part of the excitement is the deadlock being broken.

Cheese
06-17-2006, 09:35 AM
There is certain amount of irony in someone blatantly advertising a website where the idea is to watch a basically static image in the hopes that something changes whining that 0-0 draws are boring.

It's like a train spotter calling a bus spotter a geek.

Busyman™
06-17-2006, 02:19 PM

Look, you take our sports..like football.. and call it soccer, you take our game of rugby and call it football..you take out game of rounders and call it baseball.. so, if you haven't anything useful to say, then STFU... ;)

nah...just kidding m8..you have your right to freedom of expression, just use it criticising your own sports..oh but you can't, as you haven't invented any of your own yet...:P
No you STFU.

1. We don't play rugby it is a different game, quite obviously.

2. The same goes for rounders.

3. You called the game, soccer, first.

4. Basketball was invented here.

Mmk?

Busyman™
06-17-2006, 02:30 PM
And you won't. I don't like the game as much either but I am a sports fan and can watch it..sometimes. As a matter of fact, I think I like it better than baseball.

To me, both games kinda suck. You just don't know whether you'll get an exciting game or not. I've seen baseball games where there'd be high score like 15 -13 but all the fucking scoring came after the 6th inning. Wtf?

I'll keep mainly watching my football and basketball 'cause I know there'll be excitement throughout the game. I think in soccer, because there is a lack a of scoring, when someone finally does score, it's a damn fireworks display for the fans. Most of the matches I watch though lead to disappointment.

To your title, I say World Cup Schmorld Cup. I'm watching the NBA Finals.

Btw isn't it odd that we are almost in July and the Finals are still goin' on?:blink:

Proper Bo
06-17-2006, 02:42 PM
is it baseball where you merkins have the world series even though it's just american teams?:unsure:

Skiz
06-17-2006, 02:49 PM
And you won't. I don't like the game as much either but I am a sports fan and can watch it..sometimes. As a matter of fact, I think I like it better than baseball.

To me, both games kinda suck. You just don't know whether you'll get an exciting game or not. I've baseball games where there's be high score like 15 -13 but all the fucking scoring came after the 6th inning. Wtf?

I'll keep mainly watching my football and basketball 'cause I know there'll be excitement throughout the game. I think in soccer, because there is a lack a of scoring, when someone finally does score, it's a damn fireworks display for the fans. Most of the matches I watch though lead to disappointment.

To your title, I say World Schmorld Cup. I'm watching the NBA Finals.

Btw isn't it odd that we are almost in July and the Finals still goin' on?:blink:

Agree. :mellow:

I also think that before TV became a household item, that we had several other sports in the USA that had become quite popular. ie - football/baseball. When TV came about, they started televising those sports instead of soccer, and so started the separation of interest and it's been exponential ever since.

DorisInsinuate
06-17-2006, 02:50 PM
is it baseball where you merkins have the world series even though it's just american teams?:unsure:
No, I think New Mexico have a team.

GepperRankins
06-17-2006, 03:17 PM

No you STFU.

Mmk?
basketball is a girls game in engerland lololololololololololol

Chewie
06-17-2006, 04:28 PM
No you STFU.

Mmk?
basketball is a girls game in engerland lololololololololololol
Baseball, too.

Skiz
06-17-2006, 04:31 PM

Some teams are Canadian.

peat moss
06-17-2006, 04:35 PM

To me, both games kinda suck. You just don't know whether you'll get an exciting game or not. I've baseball games where there's be high score like 15 -13 but all the fucking scoring came after the 6th inning. Wtf?

To your title, I say World Schmorld Cup. I'm watching the NBA Finals.

Btw isn't it odd that we are almost in July and the Finals still goin' on?:blink:

NHL Hockey still to be wrapped up too . I like watching most sports if its the finals all the better. ;)

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2006, 05:14 PM

We don't play rugby it is a different game, quite obviously.

You really ought to tell the US Rugby Team that, they're going to feel such fools when they find out

j2k4
06-17-2006, 05:23 PM
You Americans are so parochial it sickens everyone else.

Yes, and you all look daft with puke dribbling off your chins, you broad-brush wielding prick.

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2006, 05:29 PM
You Americans are so parochial it sickens everyone else.

Yes, and you all look daft with puke dribbling off your chins, you broad-brush wielding prick.
I couldn't agree more. When we have puke dribbling from our chins we do indeed look daft. Thankfully it happens infrequently, unlike the parochial mentality, which is a way of life.

j2k4
06-17-2006, 05:35 PM
I couldn't agree more. When we have puke dribbling from our chins we do indeed look daft. Thankfully it happens infrequently, unlike the parochial mentality, which is a way of life.

...and in the morning, you'll be sober, is that it? :P

Okay, there-

I've just doffed my parochial jacket so as not to continually offend, and am ready to join the world community.

Which channel's the World Cup? :huh:

Busyman™
06-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Baseball, too.
I didn't know they played baseball at all in bratland. Women play softball here. Oh well I've seen quite a vids of men playing basketball in bratland. They were pretty good too.

It'd be nice to one day to see an NBA draftee from Britain.:lol: :lol:

Busyman™
06-17-2006, 05:37 PM

Okay, there-

I've just doffed my parochial jacket so as not to continually offend, and am ready to join the world community.

ESPN2

Cheese
06-17-2006, 06:16 PM
There's something a bit suspect about people who don't like soccer.

GepperRankins
06-17-2006, 06:18 PM
fear those who don't take part in mass procrastination and bandwagoning :shifty:

GepperRankins
06-17-2006, 06:23 PM
ps. i know what you're saying, but the "watching 22 men in shorts getting muddy" is becoming old

peat moss
06-17-2006, 06:26 PM

Yep and if they watched the Ghana and Czech's game today , mabye change their tune . :)

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2006, 07:00 PM

Okay, there-

Don't you quote WC at me, Laddie.

j2k4
06-17-2006, 07:34 PM

...and I'm still an 'ugly' American?

Talk about parochial...

Cheese
06-17-2006, 07:39 PM
...and I'm still an 'ugly' American?

Talk about parochial...

Oi, stop posting nonsense in this thread and go and watch your national team perhaps humble one of the top teams of Europe. It's on ESPN2 apparently.

Chewie
06-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Baseball, too.
I didn't know they played baseball at all in bratland. Women play softball here. Oh well I've seen quite a vids of men playing basketball in bratland. They were pretty good too.

He was poking fun by making reference to netball being a popular (very near universal) school sport for girls whereas baseball is not played much at all. Rounders is (at least it was) similarly played in almost all UK schools.

Please don't make me explain (admittedly crap) humour again. I look an even bigger fool when I have to do that.

Please don't get me wrong - I like baseball. I have watched C5's late night coverage on many occasions and am constantly amazed that batters can even hit the bloody ball at the speed it comes to them.

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2006, 07:56 PM

He was poking fun by making reference to netball being a popular (very near universal) school sport for girls whereas baseball is not played much at all. Rounders is (at least it was) similarly played in almost all UK schools.

Please don't make me explain (admittedly crap) humour again. I look an even bigger fool when I have to do that.

Please don't get me wrong - I like baseball. I have watched C5's late night coverage on many occasions and am constantly amazed that batters can even hit the bloody ball at the speed it comes to them.
Cricketers think it's too poofey, what with them not being able to spin it off the ground, or use bouncers. Just basically throwing it.

Hoying a cricket ball at the other chaps head is an acceptable tactic in cricket. Or right into their ribs, that's another good one.

peat moss
06-17-2006, 08:09 PM

Cricketers think it's too poofey, what with them not being able to spin it off the ground, or use bouncers. Just basically throwing it.

Hoying a cricket ball at the other chaps head is an acceptable tactic in cricket. Or right into their ribs, that's another good one.

In Baseball its called a bean ball when you hit a batter . Well named I always thought . :D

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2006, 08:13 PM

In Baseball its called a bean ball when you hit a batter . Well named I always thought . :D
In cricket it's a beamer, you probably just mis-heard.

peat moss
06-17-2006, 08:16 PM

Nope :

http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/b/b0133500.html

Bean = head

Whats really funny is that's my wife's nickname . Her name is Sabine which to be honest does not seem to = head anymore . :(

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2006, 08:17 PM

Nope :

Bean = head
I meant you (plural).

Busyman™
06-17-2006, 08:20 PM

Same here and no amount of steroids can improve that. I'll stick to the few times my job has softball on the DC Mall.

No one there is throwing at 90mph, that's for sure.

I didn't really get that humor nor was I offended. I mean soccer was THE first sport I learned to play as youngster 'cause it was the easiest to pick up. Basketball involved mechanics that I could not easily pick up and that's partly why I didn't start playing 'till I was leaving high school.

Either way, I can't downplay soccer 'cause I played as a youngster or am teaching my 5 year-old girl some basics for play.

peat moss
06-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Nope :

Bean = head
I meant you (plural).

Oh I got it , have watched Cricket a few times at our park down the street .
I like the way the ball is thrown on the run , must be hard to hit it . In baseball you stand on a mound before delivery so its all in the wind up .

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2006, 08:34 PM
I meant you (plural).

Oh I got it , have watched Cricket a few times at our park down the street .
I like the way the ball is thrown on the run , must be hard to hit it . In baseball you stand on a mound before delivery so its all in the wind up .
Can you explain the "wind up"?

peat moss
06-17-2006, 08:47 PM
I'll try , a pitcher can't balk so when he or she goes to throw its a big leg kick and all arm after that . Its is amazing the speed they get from almost standing still .

Sorry hard to explain . But found this ,a batter is faking getting hit . Ah shit JP our batters get a base when hit too ,what a bunch of wimps eh !

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1148037274/Baseball_Player_Fakes_Getting_Hit_by_a_Pitch

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2006, 08:48 PM
I'll try , a pitcher can't balk so when he or she goes to throw its a big leg kick and all arm after that . Its is amazing the speed they get from almost standing still .

Sorry hard to explain . But found this ,a batter is faking getting hit . Ah shit JP our batters get a base when hit too ,what a bunch of wimps eh !

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1148037274/Baseball_Player_Fakes_Getting_Hit_by_a_Pitch
Thanks for that.

peat moss
06-17-2006, 08:55 PM

Thanks for that.

No thank you , I didn't know you could hit a batter in cricket thats insane .

Make for some good fights tho ?

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks for that.

Never.

The umpire will allow a certain number of beamers but won't let a bowler do it constantly. He will have to put in some "normal" balls as well. It's considered poor form just to kill the batsman without giving him a fair chance.

A few into the ribs, or head at ninety odd miles an hour certainly gets the Batsman thinking what's going on.

scribblec
06-18-2006, 02:01 AM
i cant beleive a nation which watches nascar can think football is boring ;\

Seedler
06-18-2006, 02:21 AM
WC sux, only billions of ppl watch it. Jeez, it's just a fad and it's gonna go away like next week.:dry:

lee551
06-18-2006, 02:28 AM
i cant beleive a nation which watches nascar can think football is boring ;\

with nascar races you do always have a good chance there will be some sort of horrific crash. on the other hand, you do have the chance of soccer riots. i'm not really sure what i want anymore.

Seedler
06-18-2006, 03:02 AM
Soccer riots>nascar crashes. Fact.

lee551
06-18-2006, 03:05 AM

probably true, but i think there's at leat one crash in every nascar race. soccer riots only happen ever so often not?

Seedler
06-18-2006, 03:47 AM
True, but weak pussy crashes aren't that exciting anyways, they just bump into each other and the race cars slowly disintegrate. You only get the car flipping exploding action once so often as well.

Cheese
06-18-2006, 10:00 AM
probably true, but i think there's at leat one crash in every nascar race. soccer riots only happen ever so often not?

Maybe in the World Cup they are less frequent but we have them here all the time, you can't move for a soccer riot breaking out. In fact, I'm in one now.

DorisInsinuate
06-18-2006, 10:01 AM
The World Cup has plenty of car crashes with blood and intestines falling out, though.

Cheese
06-18-2006, 10:04 AM
What sort of sad bastard watches a sport to see somebody crash a car or for a riot to break out? Did the 1989 FA Cup Semi Final really do it for them? :unsure:

DorisInsinuate
06-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Obviously the same sad bastards that don't appriciate sports for the fun factor.

Seedler
06-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Obviously the same sad bastards that don't appriciate sports for the fun factor.

You just commented about how there are nasty crashes and blood falling out in nascar crashes...implying that you like it better?:huh:

Agrajag
06-18-2006, 01:21 PM

You just commented about how there are nasty crashes and blood falling out in nascar crashes...implying that you like it better?:huh:
Do you read other people's posts?

"The World Cup has plenty of car crashes with blood and intestines falling out, though"

Seedler
06-18-2006, 01:41 PM

Uh no, I'm kinda illiterate.:cool:

Cheese
06-18-2006, 02:38 PM

Uh no, I'm kinda illiterate.:cool:

And a twat.

Seedler
06-18-2006, 03:13 PM
See, I don't even know the meaning of that.:lookaroun

Here, I just gave you the chance to pwn me some more:whistling

manker
06-18-2006, 05:33 PM

Never.

The umpire will allow a certain number of beamers but won't let a bowler do it constantly. He will have to put in some "normal" balls as well. It's considered poor form just to kill the batsman without giving him a fair chance.

A few into the ribs, or head at ninety odd miles an hour certainly gets the Batsman thinking what's going on.You're not allowed to bowl beamers.

A beamer is when a ball is aimed at a batsman above stump level and is strictly forbidden, a full toss is where the ball is aimed is below stump level and is allowed but hardly practiced because any batsman worth his salt would dispatch it for four runs.

Bouncers, where the ball hits the pitch before twatting a batsman in the heid, are fine and subject to no restrictions at test level but you can only do one per over in one-day games.

Mr JP Fugley
06-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Never.

A few into the ribs, or head at ninety odd miles an hour certainly gets the Batsman thinking what's going on.You're not allowed to bowl beamers.

A beamer is when a ball is aimed at a batsman above stump level and is strictly forbidden, a full toss is where the ball is aimed is below stump level and is allowed but hardly practiced because any batsman worth his salt would dispatch it for four runs.

Bouncers, where the ball hits the pitch before twatting a batsman in the heid, are fine and subject to no restrictions at test level but you can only do one per over in one-day games.

Cricket has rarely made me this happy. Fact.

In addition to getting a man to explain what a "Wind up" was. This my be my most fave thread ever.

manker
06-18-2006, 05:40 PM
I don't think you knew :snooty:

Mr JP Fugley
06-18-2006, 05:42 PM
I think we both know that, twixt my knowledge and the corroboration of the interweb, I did. Dont we, eh, don't we?

manker
06-18-2006, 05:50 PM
I think we both know that, twixt my knowledge and the corroboration of the interweb, I did. Dont we, eh, don't we?That's very much tempered by the good reason as to why there is no silent 'S' in ECB.

I mean, if a Yemeni national made a bold statement declaring this World Cup to be a resounding success from an African standpoint, I'd have to take it at face value.

It's only polite.

Mr JP Fugley
06-18-2006, 05:54 PM
I think we both know that, twixt my knowledge and the corroboration of the interweb, I did. Dont we, eh, don't we?That's very much tempered by the good reason as to why there is no silent 'S' in ECB.

I mean, if a Yemeni national made a bold statement declaring this World Cup to be a resounding success from an African standpoint, I'd have to take it at face value.

It's only polite.
And if you're one thing it's someone who takes things at face value and is polite to a fault.

manker
06-18-2006, 05:56 PM
It's a burden.

Mr JP Fugley
06-18-2006, 05:58 PM
It's a burden.
You have broad shoulders and a firm butt. You can coap.

j2k4
06-18-2006, 08:05 PM

Oh. :huh:

asafisraeli123
06-23-2006, 06:25 PM
dammet pepole ! I've been waiting for four years for this moment !

calm2chaos
06-23-2006, 09:52 PM

Curious.... How fast does a cricket ball travel when thrown or pitched or whatever the delivery is called?

Proper Bo
06-23-2006, 09:59 PM
bowled at 378.5mph

calm2chaos
06-24-2006, 12:59 AM
bowled at 378.5mph

Ya.. if it was delivered with a Mark II rocket strapped to it

Proper Bo
06-24-2006, 01:01 AM
Who is this Mark the second you speak of?

j2k4
06-24-2006, 01:17 AM
bowled at 378.5mph

That's just silly.

Everyone knows you cricketeers can only throw in KPH. :dry:

Proper Bo
06-24-2006, 01:19 AM
I don't play cricket, i'm not posh enough:snooty:

j2k4
06-24-2006, 11:35 AM
I don't play cricket, i'm not posh enough:snooty:

Perhaps a thick coat of make-up?

Mr JP Fugley
06-24-2006, 12:49 PM
bowled at 378.5mph

That's just silly.

Where do you Americans get this silly idea we use KPH, or MPL. It's just daft, whilst admittedly kinda cute.

Leeson
06-24-2006, 01:12 PM
the only sports I watch on tv are the x-games, snooker and womens tennis, but thats more softcore porn

btw... the fastest bowl in test cricket registered 100.4mph (161kph) on a speed gun... amazingly its almost the same fastest speed in baseball which was 100.9mph

http://www.rediff.com/wc2003/2003/feb/22shoaib.htm
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/recbooks/rb_guin.shtml

personaly I havent played cricket scince school when I bowled a ball at a girl that was anoying me, I did intend to miss her, but it hit her in the middle of her forehead... she was unconsious for about 4 hours and when she came to she had a bruise half the size of the ball... looked funny though... but I was only 9 at the time which explains my bad aiming skills.

Mr JP Fugley
06-24-2006, 01:15 PM
the only sports I watch on tv are the x-games, snooker and womens tennis, but thats more softcore porn

btw... the fastest bowl in test cricket registered 100.4mph (161kph) on a speed gun... amazingly its almost the same fastest speed in baseball which was 100.9 mph

personaly I havent played cricket scince school when I bowled a ball at a girl that was anoying me, I did intend to miss her, but it hit her in the middle of her forehead... she was unconsious for about 4 hours and when she came to she had a bruise half the size of the ball... looked funny though... but I was only 9 at the time which explains my bad aiming skills.

If she wasn't wearing a proper helmet then you can't really be blamed for her getting injured.

Leeson
06-24-2006, 01:24 PM

btw... the fastest bowl in test cricket registered 100.4mph (161kph) on a speed gun... amazingly its almost the same fastest speed in baseball which was 100.9 mph

If she wasn't wearing a proper helmet then you can't really be blamed for her getting injured.

we never had helmets at our school, just leg pads and cups, besides she wasnt playing in the game, girls never did play cricket at our school, only rounders, hockey and netball, it was 20 years ago though

Mr JP Fugley
06-24-2006, 01:28 PM

we never had helmets at our school, just leg pads and cups, besides she wasnt playing in the game, girls never did play cricket at our school, only rounders, hockey and netball, it was 20 years ago though
Well if she wasn't even playing in the game then she shouldn't have been anywhere near the wicket. FFS wasn't there a teacher there?

Either way, it wasn't your fault.

Proper Bo
06-24-2006, 01:29 PM
we didn't even have leg pads, and there was only one cup in the whole school.

manker
06-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Only gheys call a 'box' a 'cup' :snooty:

Mr JP Fugley
06-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Have you ever had one right in the box then.

You would be all like "OUCH, bugger that"

Proper Bo
06-24-2006, 02:38 PM

I was talking about in the canteen:no2:

Mr JP Fugley
06-24-2006, 02:49 PM
1 Cup, that's more than New Cassil, like.

Proper Bo
06-24-2006, 03:11 PM
rod-off, cawk. We all know fine well you'd be in the championship if you played in england:snooty:

Mr JP Fugley
06-24-2006, 03:23 PM
rod-off, cawk. We all know fine well you'd be in the championship if you played in england:snooty:
Indeed, you're right there mate.

It is perhaps then fortunate that we don't. In that way we get 60,000 for home games, win things on a regular basis and are pretty much certain of European football, as often as not Champs League.

Unlike your own team, which is fabulously supported, in spite of winning feck all, ever. The way things are shaping up in England now, looking at 4th place as being a good result. Having just seen one of your best ever players retire and seeing your other main striker crocked 'til at least Christmas. With your club owned by a family who think the support are peons and larf about them when oot on the pish.

Sorry if I appear jealous.

Proper Bo
06-24-2006, 03:25 PM
:rod::smilie4:

missie
06-24-2006, 03:39 PM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6632/mars2mr.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

heh heh

Proper Bo
06-24-2006, 04:14 PM
That's a huge amount of support:smilie4:

missie
06-24-2006, 04:34 PM
<insert witty retort> :smilie4:

Mr JP Fugley
06-24-2006, 04:37 PM
:rod::smilie4:
How can it be a rod if I agreed with you.

Lightweight.

Leeson
06-24-2006, 05:06 PM

well they called it a cup or at least back then they did, or maybe that was just in our primary school, I never played it in lower and upper school, it changed to football, rugby and track and field

Well if she wasn't even playing in the game then she shouldn't have been anywhere near the wicket. FFS wasn't there a teacher there?

Either way, it wasn't your fault.

it was in the dinner break and the teachers never watched because the parents had complained more about injurys from the climbing bars so they just left us to our games, but they stopped letting us play cricket in breaks after that... lol

Mr JP Fugley
06-24-2006, 05:12 PM
it was in the dinner break and the teachers never watched because the parents had complained more about injurys from the climbing bars so they just left us to our games
Well in that case she should have been paying even more attention to the game. If she had no protection and there were no adults supervising. They've a bloody cheek blaming you for her mistakes.

That's the problem with girls. They just don't have the concentration to play sports, particularly ones like cricket.

j2k4
06-25-2006, 12:15 PM
That's just silly.

Where do you Americans get this silly idea we use KPH, or MPL. It's just daft, whilst admittedly kinda cute.

Actually, for personal use I prefer FPF (furlongs per fortnight).

Vyper1
06-25-2006, 12:24 PM
I'll be glad when it's all over. The NFL kicks off soon. :)

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 12:32 PM

Actually, for personal use I prefer FPF (furlongs per fortnight).
That dooesn't make sense. You wouldn't use "F" to represent both furlong and fortnight. It's mathematical madness.

1,802,617,500,000 furlongs/fortnight = c.

Busyman™
06-25-2006, 01:46 PM
I'll be glad when it's all over. The NFL kicks off soon. :)
Just don't watch. :dabs:

There's football season then (with slight overlap) NBA season then.....then it's summer time (with slight overlap) I catch up on tivo then since there's very few shows like Stargate and The Closer and time for cookouts, vacations, etc. then it's fall again and then it's time for football (and a another barrage of TV shows) again..... :dog:Run-On:dog: