PDA

View Full Version : paypal password recovery

johnq86
06-17-2006, 03:50 AM
ok here is my problem,i had used my paypal account for most of my ebay buying needs but the last time i used it was about 6 months ago and i completly forgot my password.so when i asked for hints they ask me two security questions to prove that i am who i am.for some reason when i put the answer to where i was born i get an invalid answer response.i have no idea why it would be diffrent form where i was born but it is.the problem that paypal has with telling me what my password is that i dont have a credit card number so they need me to fax them id and bank statement to prove who i am.i dotn have access to a fax machine and i have no idea how long it would take.is there anyway for me to get the password some other way????And believe me i am not trying to hack anyone elses account,it is my account and i need to get access to it to see if i have any money left in it.please anyone with legit answers please p.m. me...thank you and have a greta day!!

thewizeard
06-17-2006, 05:30 AM
..I can assure you, you will have to open a new account, if you can't remember the password. That's also no problem now, is it...? It's free...

Agrajag
06-17-2006, 09:14 AM
ok here is my problem,i had used my paypal account for most of my ebay buying needs but the last time i used it was about 6 months ago and i completly forgot my password.so when i asked for hints they ask me two security questions to prove that i am who i am.for some reason when i put the answer to where i was born i get an invalid answer response.i have no idea why it would be diffrent form where i was born but it is.the problem that paypal has with telling me what my password is that i dont have a credit card number so they need me to fax them id and bank statement to prove who i am.i dotn have access to a fax machine and i have no idea how long it would take.is there anyway for me to get the password some other way????And believe me i am not trying to hack anyone elses account,it is my account and i need to get access to it to see if i have any money left in it.please anyone with legit answers please p.m. me...thank you and have a greta day!!
What constitutes a "legit answer". I could possibly help you but I don't want to break this condition you have set. I look forward to a definition and will PM you if my answer meets the requirements.

Skiz
06-17-2006, 09:40 AM
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-phone

johnq86
06-17-2006, 01:34 PM
by legit i mean not being made fun of with answers that are made out to make fun of my question like i have been subjected to in the past on this forum for being a noob to these things.

Skiz
06-17-2006, 01:44 PM
by legit i mean not being made fun of with answers that are made out to make fun of my question like i have been subjected to in the past on this forum for being a noob to these things.

Looking at your past few posts, it appears that your were setting yourself up. Why are you asking PayPal troubleshooting questions on a filesharing forum anyhow?

Just call the number I linked you too.

johnq86
06-17-2006, 02:10 PM
you see why would answer me like that???this is the lounge and if you know what the lounge is for than u wouldnt be asking that question now woul dyou?

Skiz
06-17-2006, 02:42 PM
you see why would answer me like that???this is the lounge and if you know what the lounge is for than u wouldnt be asking that question now woul dyou?

You see, why would you answer me like that???__This is the lounge and if you know what the lounge is for, than you wouldn't be asking that question now would_you?

First, if you're going to post, you need to realise that the only thing we know of you is what you post. If you post illiterate text like the above, no one is going to take you seriously.

Second, you hinted in the original post that you didn't like the way your questions were answered prior to today. Then don't post here.

Third, don't make any attempts to school me on the sections of FST. I've been around waaaay longer than you have. The Lounge is for "Off-Topic" threads. While your thread is indeed off the topic of file sharing, it's the Lounge, you can't always expect to get a serious reply when posting there and most times you won't. In other words, it isn't meant as a "help" section.

Finally, I gave you the link of a phone number to call Pay Pal directly. I've used that number before when I needed some assistance and it worked great, that's why I recommended it. Give it a shot.

Rat Faced
06-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Third, don't make any attempts to school me on the sections of FST. I've been around waaaay longer than you have. The Lounge is for "Off-Topic" threads. While your thread is indeed off the topic of file sharing, it's the Lounge, you can't always expect to get a serious reply when posting there and most times you won't. In other words, it isn't meant as a "help" section.

Well, actually... if you look at the "Join Dates"... :whistling

Chip Monk
06-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, but what you said was anyone with legit answers should p.m. you. The implication of that is that if someone wants to say something which is not legit then they should just post it here.

Skiz
06-18-2006, 12:06 PM

I was still here before him, just not as 'skizo'. ;)

enoughfakefiles
06-18-2006, 12:07 PM

Didn't skizo always used to do a skizo when someone went of topic in one of his threads in the lounge :lookaroun

sampson
06-18-2006, 12:22 PM
edit.

Skiz
06-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Didn't skizo always used to do a skizo when someone went of topic in one of his threads in the lounge :lookaroun

Umm....no. :blink:

ps - It's pronounced, skee-zoh. Not schitzo. :pinch:

Agrajag
06-18-2006, 01:04 PM

Umm....no. :blink:

ps - It's pronounced, skee-zoh. Not schitzo. :pinch:
I'll be the judge of how I pronounce it, Skitzo.

peat moss
06-18-2006, 05:29 PM

B.S. John , many members tried to help you . VB was almost pulling his hair out in frustration in your Win Me threads .

I know Paypal has a security issue these days I would n't use it till its fixed .

Chewie
06-18-2006, 11:18 PM

We do not permit talk of hacking at FST.

You may well have a legitimate claim to a PayPal account you are locked out of, but should someone here have the necessary knowledge and pass it on to you, we have no guarantee you'd then either keep it to yourself or use it on another person's account in the future.

You may not have a fax machine, but the nearest Pronta-Print (or similar) is not going to be too far away. It's Monday tomorrow so get out there, pay to send a fax to PayPal and unlock your funds.

Thread closed.