PDA

View Full Version : Great Things about the World Cup

Mr JP Fugley
06-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Watching wee diddy foreign teams and thinking things like "That Nakamura is a great player, we could really use him".

manker
06-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Watching the interweb coverage using the BBC website and feeling smug.

Mr JP Fugley
06-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Then winding people up about UK proxies would be a natural next step.

manker
06-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Now that's proper rodding.

Mr JP Fugley
06-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Yeah, but I think you may have made Gillian do a Yogi (sans melodrama, obviousement). Which would be a rod too far.

manker
06-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah, but I think you may have made Gillian do a Yogi (sans melodrama, obviousement). Which would be a rod too far.
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/859/msneyebrow3rt.gif

Depends how emo she is, really.

Mr JP Fugley
06-18-2006, 08:28 PM

Don't try to tar me with the same brush as you, rod boy. I tried to assist Barbie in helping her (Gillian) see the Cup de Monde.

Some of us are beyond reproach, via the gift of being decent spuds.

manker
06-18-2006, 10:20 PM

Don't try to tar me with the same brush as you, rod boy. I tried to assist Barbie in helping her (Gillian) see the Cup de Monde.

Some of us are beyond reproach, via the gift of being decent spuds.
In my defence, I did try to assist her (Gillian) in finding a UK proxy.

So, arse off, schadenfreude boi.

Barbarossa
06-18-2006, 10:27 PM
it'd be doing gill a favour not to allow her to watch, considering how shite france are :dry:

Mr JP Fugley
06-19-2006, 06:32 PM
She has been rather noticeable by her absence, n'est ce pas.

100%
06-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Great Things about the World Cup : The money i could make off of it if i thought of how.

brotherdoobie
06-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Red cards.

Peace bd

manker
06-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Possibly the greatest thing about the World Cup - or at least the best indicator to its greatness - is that there is absolutely no need to be any more precise than simply saying 'The World Cup'.

Despite there being several (hundred) other sporting competitions which endeavour to find a world champion, such is its prestige and history even an American will instantly know what you mean.

That in itself is almost as good as the BBC's coverage of the event.

100%
06-22-2006, 12:15 AM
true but the WC is sort of abusing and leaning on the emphasis of "THE WORLD..." wheras amnesty international still has not learnt these tactics.

manker
06-22-2006, 12:21 AM
true but the WC is sort of abusing and leaning on the emphasis of "THE WORLD..." wheras amnesty international still has not learnt these tactics.
No, it isn't abusing or leaning on anything - it's a rather mundanely named global competition.

Tactics? :ermm:

100%
06-22-2006, 12:28 AM
for example,
in most action, scifi movies - the evul doode wants to take ove THE WORLD by using some ingenious properlored cornflake. The humanitaries avoid these obvious tacticts with reason
hence to balance it out i believe THE WORLD CUP
should be called "IMPARTIAL BOUNDARY CUP"

manker
06-22-2006, 12:33 AM
:lol:

You're pished.

100%
06-22-2006, 12:39 AM
mild typing disorder that is all, thank you for reminding me to go an crash
UNITED NATIONS CUP is my final offer....

:P

peat moss
06-22-2006, 12:50 AM
The best thing is its a true "World" Tourney and nice to see the little guys do well . Tongo must of had a blast , just wish it had a stipulation that you have to be born in the country you play for .

manker
06-22-2006, 01:05 AM
The best thing is its a true "World" Tourney and nice to see the little guys do well . Tongo must of had a blast , just wish it had a stipulation that you have to be born in the country you play for .
:blink:

Why would you wish that puntsphere is different to every other sport in the world regarding eligibility to play for a country.

A bloke lives all his life in Wales, has Welsh parents and Welsh grandparents but just so happens to have been born prematurely when his mother was on holiday in Tongo so now he has play his footie for a country that doesn't even exist?

That's a bit h4r5h.

peat moss
06-22-2006, 02:41 AM

Why would you wish that puntsphere is different to every other sport in the world regarding eligibility to play for a country.

A bloke lives all his life in Wales, has Welsh parents and Welsh grandparents but just so happens to have been born prematurely when his mother was on holiday in Tongo so now he has play his footie for a country that doesn't even exist?

That's a bit h4r5h.

Well your probably right just thinking that the birth country paid for it ,trained him , developed him just to go on to a better side ? Oh fuck it Hardgraves comes to mind .

Proper Bo
06-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Hargreaves sucks bawls anyway.

Barbarossa
06-22-2006, 09:37 AM
The wife can't understand why Terry Henry doesn't play for England, because he's an Arsenal player :lol:

Proper Bo
06-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Don't start on silly wimmin comments about football:smilie4:

manker
06-22-2006, 10:08 AM

That's a bit h4r5h.

Well your probably right just thinking that the birth country paid for it ,trained him , developed him just to go on to a better side ? Oh fuck it Hardgraves comes to mind .Oh, I see. I thought you were talking generally rather than a selfish motivation to see Canadia stubbornly cling onto a guy who clearly doesn't want to play for you.

You want to deny a chap of an opportunity to live out his boyhood dream and test himself against the best in the World Cup just so that he can play for your country against the might of Guatemala and Alaska in the Labbatts Sponsored Husky Confederation Hyper Cup.

You're a hard man, Peat :(