PDA

View Full Version : Riaa After The Small Stuff Now

porkshit
05-02-2003, 02:07 AM
just had two blocks from the same ip on PG. this is the first time i have ever had a block in all my using PG. and i dont have that many files. watch out all

Ad
05-02-2003, 03:34 AM
well i had 1000 blocks in 4 hrs from the bastard and at the time i was only sharing 77 files!!!!

the_faceman
05-02-2003, 04:24 AM
i wouldn't panic, anyone will tell you that a lot of innocent IP's are blocked with PG, along with the verified bad ones. I use it, but i don't think it's foolproof as obviously any of these "enemy" companies could be using a non-blocked IP, and i also don't panic when i see blocks. I put it on cos i think a little help is better than no help.

MagicNakor
05-02-2003, 04:45 AM
Most of my blocks come from Telecom Italia. What the hell are they? ;)

:ninja:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-02-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@1 May 2003 - 23:45
Most of my blocks come from Telecom Italia. What the hell are they? ;)

:huh: I looked it up.Telecom Italia (http://www.telecomitalia.it/index.htm)

Is that them? :huh:

MagicNakor
05-02-2003, 08:35 AM
That's them. Although I still have no idea why they'd be blocked out with Peer Guardian.

Ad
05-02-2003, 11:29 AM
yeah i get them alot now too jsut had 200 blocks from the RIAA in 3 hrs

porkshit
05-02-2003, 12:14 PM
This was the first time i have ever had a block. i was on soulseek and looked at pg and it said two blocks from the same ip-an riaa ip so it says. anyway, i was sharing aout 900 files. could it be that im not having so many blocks becasue i live in canada and the riaa are american?

Ad
05-02-2003, 12:16 PM
I dont thimk so coz im from australia and i get alot of blocks from them

porkshit
05-02-2003, 12:17 PM
hmm...it just seems odd that i've been using it for the past few months and only had two blocks...

Ad
05-02-2003, 12:29 PM
it does get anoying too my computer laggs while its busy blocking IPs :angry:

MagicNakor
05-02-2003, 07:59 PM
Blocks seem to come in waves. I've only blocked the RIAA twice, but damn if I don't block Telecom Italia 600+ times a day. Probably has something to do with eMule.

porkshit
05-04-2003, 02:19 AM
weird, had another two blocks, from the same ip, the RIAA at about the same time. odd, could be like a wave thing i guess

Jibbler
05-04-2003, 04:59 AM
Peer Guardian is a joke. You have no idea what ISP the RIAA is going to use. Besides, they can access your computer thru a proxy server, in the same way that I do when I visit this site. A proxy server is like a go between, which provides a different IP then the one on your computer. Its kinda like putting "space" between you and them.

Stop wasting your time with that program, its just sucking up your resources. :)

N£MO
05-04-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Jibbler@4 May 2003 - 05:59
Peer Guardian is a joke. You have no idea what ISP the RIAA is going to use. Besides, they can access your computer thru a proxy server, in the same way that I do when I visit this site. A proxy server is like a go between, which provides a different IP then the one on your computer. Its kinda like putting "space" between you and them.

Stop wasting your time with that program, its just sucking up your resources. :)
You are so wrong.

Why knock something that does a good job at blocking the anti piracy groups.It has closed enough connections from RIAA,BayTSP,Warner Music for me to continue using it.

The version i use is not a resource hog at all.So if your going to diss something make sure you have your facts straight or you will look like a fool :P

Jibbler
05-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by N£MO@4 May 2003 - 03:59
Why knock something that does a good job at blocking the anti piracy groups.It has closed enough connections from RIAA,BayTSP,Warner Music for me to continue using it.

The version i use is not a resource hog at all.So if your going to diss something make sure you have your facts straight or you will look like a fool :P
You have no proof that the RIAA/MPAA/FBI/Warner Music or any group is trying to reach you.

Also, I didn't say that it was a resource hog, just that its a virtually useless program, which does contribute to your resources getting used up. For all you know, you are blocking innocent people from reaching your machine, and contributing to the problems with the Kazaa network. :)

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. ;)