PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live Messenger released

peat moss
06-20-2006, 03:39 AM
http://www.techshout.com/images/messenger.jpgWindows Live Messenger Ready for Prime Time

First major service in the Windows Live suite of Web apps to go live.
Windows Live Messenger, the next-generation version of Microsoft's instant messaging service for consumers, will be available for download in final form right after 9 p.m. PDT today.

The product will be posted as a free download, the Redmond, Washington, company said this afternoon.

This release is a milestone for Microsoft's Windows Live program. Windows Live Messenger is not the first Windows Live service to launch globally in final form, but it is the first core, major one to do so, said Brooke Richardson, MSN group product manager.

:source: Source: http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,126169,00.asp
:down: Download Link: http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

S!X
06-20-2006, 03:54 AM
Excellent, thanks for the update! :)

BawA
06-20-2006, 06:51 AM
so this will replace the Current IM ?
or it will be along with it?

Edit: Replace!!

BawA
06-20-2006, 11:11 AM
didnt like it that much specialy when u want to see the online users only, i mean in older version when u click "Send an Instant Msg" ull just see the online contacts but now its shows all whats the point in it u can do that by opening the main window.

peat moss
06-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Probably worth it for the Yahoo intergration .

"Microsoft will continue to support MSN Messenger, which until now has been the company's main consumer IM service. However, from now on, development efforts will be focused on Windows Live Messenger, whose client software runs only on Windows XP.

For example, only Windows Live Messenger, not MSN Messenger, will be interoperable with Yahoo's instant messaging service, she said. Microsoft and Yahoo said they would deliver the first phase of the services' integration in this year's second quarter. While declining to provide details, Richardson said they are on track to deliver that "very soon."

briace
06-25-2006, 07:55 AM
thanks mate

mr. nails
06-25-2006, 11:41 AM
didnt like it that much specialy when u want to see the online users only, i mean in older version when u click "Send an Instant Msg" ull just see the online contacts but now its shows all whats the point in it u can do that by opening the main window.
what are u talking about? it still does that.

Probably worth it for the Yahoo intergration.
only in Windows Live Messenger Version 8.0.0792 which was released yesterday.

peat moss
06-25-2006, 08:30 PM
what are u talking about? it still does that.

Probably worth it for the Yahoo intergration.
only in Windows Live Messenger Version 8.0.0792 which was released yesterday.

I just installed the bloody thing and had an old version ? :lol:

Did the update tho was wondering about the Yahoo , I'm asuming they both have to be launched ?

Imperfection
07-04-2006, 08:43 PM
I like the contactlist window of the new messenger, especially the ability to change the color of it, was hoping for that feature

reiden
07-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Does it support offline messages like YIM ??

tesco
07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Does it support offline messages like YIM ??You can send them while you're 'appear offline' and can also send them to offline contacts...if you leave the window open it will aut-send when they come online.

jounior
07-05-2006, 06:37 PM
great really supportive

Guyver
07-05-2006, 11:29 PM
i dont like it

Aaron_T
07-05-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm quite a big fan of the program, downloaded it yesterday and im likeing the new style and the new features especially the new share folder thing.

im having trouble though when i try to add people it says that that person has already been added therefore it cannot add them again..but the person i was trying to add to my contact list has only just recently got a PC and couldnt have possibly ever been in my list... a bug maybe? :unsure:

peat moss
07-06-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm quite a big fan of the program, downloaded it yesterday and im likeing the new style and the new features especially the new share folder thing.

im having trouble though when i try to add people it says that that person has already been added therefore it cannot add them again..but the person i was trying to add to my contact list has only just recently got a PC and couldnt have possibly ever been in my list... a bug maybe? :unsure:

Strange one eh? Mabye reinstall the program ? Mabye better if you post in Softwareworld ,explain the problem see if someone can help. :)

__B__
07-08-2006, 11:23 AM
going to be interesting when it combines with yahoo...what is it going to be called? or are they just leaving it as windows live?

W!mpy
07-08-2006, 03:21 PM
i really like it, because have some functions like icq

mr. nails
07-09-2006, 10:55 AM
the share folder is stupid. mite as well just send the damn file. it's on their hd now anyway...

S!X
07-10-2006, 12:36 AM
the share folder is stupid. mite as well just send the damn file. it's on their hd now anyway...

95% of the time the sharing folders feature doesnt work for me. The files dont show up....:frusty:

rox
07-11-2006, 03:51 PM
msn the best

FreeDoom
07-18-2006, 03:16 PM
msn the best

I second that. Tryed it too but didn't feel quite into it...
I think msn is faster and more practical.

Dedalus^
07-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Something's wrong with my Live Messenger...

I have at least 150 contacts on MSN 7.5, but when i use Live Messenger, it only shows at most 55 contacts.... whats up with that? Where did my contacts go?! The groups are still there, but empty!

Kurono
07-24-2006, 05:47 PM
I never tried the shared folder thing yet...how fast is it?

{I}{K}{E}
07-27-2006, 08:52 PM
I never tried the shared folder thing yet...how fast is it?

as fast as your max upload speed

tdao
08-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Good soft, it is better with wiNDOWS Live Messenger Plus