PDA

View Full Version : is LImewire Pro faster than free version?

nabeelisnabeel
06-23-2006, 08:11 AM
or is it just a marketing claim ?

whats ur experience guys

Complex||4-4-2
06-23-2006, 08:50 PM
or is it just a marketing claim ?

whats ur experience guys
For me.. yes..

{I}{K}{E}
06-23-2006, 09:10 PM
the free version has ad-/spyware. the PRO version doesnt ;)

I dont like Limewire because it needs Java. I prefer bearshare

nabeelisnabeel
06-24-2006, 06:02 AM
But the official site claims..

NO BUNDLED SOFTWARE OF ANY KIND!
No spyware. No adware. Guaranteed.

Complex||4-4-2
06-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Then there lieing.

ReyDelMundo
06-25-2006, 10:08 AM
it definetly has spyware...I was foolish enough the other day to install it... Geeezz...ZoneAlarm was going crazy...Even McAfee claims to have picked up a trojan from it...Actually, I have had to put the imesh program itself in the exclusion list to prevent it from being quarantined!!!

pavlion
06-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I've never seen spyware with Limewire.

The only difference I see between the free and the pro version is that the pro version have more search results.

Else it's the same.

And btw, the free version also have the annoying popup message each time.

(and welcome to me to this forum)

Sneakydave
06-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Likewise, ive been using limewire for years and never had a spyware/adware problem with it, i reckon you guys whove found spyware are getting it from other sources.

You can download the pro version using limewire basic so just do that

haowee
06-26-2006, 11:37 AM
For me there is no difference between the two. Using limewire or limewire pro I got no spywares or adwares or viruses and the dl speed for both is around 100kbs which is about the same.

nabeelisnabeel
06-26-2006, 01:16 PM
I've never seen spyware with Limewire.

The only difference I see between the free and the pro version is that the pro version have more search results.

Else it's the same.

And btw, the free version also have the annoying popup message each time.

(and welcome to me to this forum)

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :-)

nabeelisnabeel
06-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Only one person here is saying that there is no difference in them as far as the sped is concerned..

ummm.............

abacusjim
06-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Quoted from SpywareInfo.com:
" Limewire (The most current version of Limewire is reported to include spyware. LimeWire 4.9.28 is clean. Older and newer version may not be.)"

As part of my job I have had to cleanup many a PC that was infected by Limewire or had become infected soon after. I think that third party spyware comes in after the fact and that is how their making the claim of not being included.

tanqle001
06-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Definitely faster than the free version.

spenz
06-29-2006, 05:55 PM
For me the difference would be the time the free version and the PRO version would activate the TURBO mode and the amount of search it has acquired. While PRO version instantly activates its TURBO mode on the moment it starts up, the free version would take a while. but once they are both on turbo mode speed is equal the second advantage of PRO version is the amount of search acquisition it will get, a staggering amount that the free version won't come close. And there are rumor that the PRO version is the real non spyware/malware version and taht the free version would get spywares after installing it for about 15-30days onwards then that's the time they will sneak some spywares to the system of an unfortunate number of free clients. Luckily never used a free one, some of my friends does and that's what they complained about. ^_^

nabeelisnabeel
07-11-2006, 02:56 AM
For me the difference would be the time the free version and the PRO version would activate the TURBO mode and the amount of search it has acquired. While PRO version instantly activates its TURBO mode on the moment it starts up, the free version would take a while. but once they are both on turbo mode speed is equal the second advantage of PRO version is the amount of search acquisition it will get, a staggering amount that the free version won't come close. And there are rumor that the PRO version is the real non spyware/malware version and taht the free version would get spywares after installing it for about 15-30days onwards then that's the time they will sneak some spywares to the system of an unfortunate number of free clients. Luckily never used a free one, some of my friends does and that's what they complained about. ^_^

Nice answer dude.

charlie1515
07-11-2006, 04:55 AM
If you don't want to pay, just download it from limewire. Seems to easy because it is very easy to do.

AsuYank213727
07-11-2006, 02:29 PM
I don't think it is any faster, and haven't really noticed a difference in the search results either. Maybe they just use other user's bandwith more willingly.

webpain
07-13-2006, 03:38 PM
its a bit faster, but it always depends on the number of seeders (users) that have the file