PDA

View Full Version : Demonoid

gamer4eva
06-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Demonoid torrents can be found in torrentspy etc so if that is the case then is there even a need to have access to demonoid via the invite system.:blink:

CableMan391
06-23-2006, 11:37 AM
I think you can't use their tracker if you're not registered. Their tracker usually has pretty good seeding to the torrents.

warfab
06-23-2006, 01:35 PM
I think you can't use their tracker if you're not registered. Their tracker usually has pretty good seeding to the torrents.

But you can still use their tracker if you're only leeching. I've found many Demonoid torrents being shared in many torrent indexing sites.

Sneakydave
06-23-2006, 04:52 PM
from the demonoid rules:

Am I allowed to upload my torrent tracked by demonoid to other sites?
Yes you are. It's your torrent, as long as the torrent is in sync with the site rules, you may do with it whatever you want.

It may actually be wise to add your torrent to other sites. This will undoubtedly increase your traffic. More traffic means a faster distribution of the torrent.

so you can download demonoid torrents from public sites but they wont have the complete list of torrents obviously. Sharing with other sites allows people on demonoid to maintain decent ratios

deuce6000
06-23-2006, 11:56 PM
demonoid is one of the best sites ever i dont know why people always laugh and say it sucks.The only thing bad about it is that they dont ban people for low ratios which really sucks.Even with that said i still get very high speeds on most torrents i download.:whistling

sear
06-24-2006, 01:08 AM
It's true you can find Demonoid torrents else where have a look on this thread http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t117892-.html

Despite what everyone says I agree with deuce6000 Demonoid has alot of shit on it so it's still one of my faves I'ts funny but every thread that mentions Demonoid turns into a flaming session... I'm not realy sure what everyone has against it. who cares if ya don't max your download speed it's still more than acceptable :)

withoutthee88
06-24-2006, 01:39 AM
The reason people shit on Demonoid is because they believe it's too big and has little security because it basically is a public tracker. Also, nothing is regulated in the uploads there. Music is transcoded and uploaded at variable rates, movies are advertised as one codec and end up as another, etc. It's really hard to regulate uploads when you have hundreds of thousands of users uploading several torrents per minute in several categories. Plus the site can be very slow and I don't like that stats only update once a day, and I have gone at times 3 days without having my stats updated. All in all though it is a very vast site with the most material I have seen of a so-called private site. With a little more organization and regulation, and a little less ads, it would really be elite.

stanford
06-24-2006, 01:40 AM
it is opened for registration. go quickly.

gamer4eva
06-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Its not that i hate it...i like it because i was able to find some old collection of cartoons that i couldnt find on TL. I'm just saying is there any use. Then again there is because it helps members maintain good ratios.

some.one
06-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Demonoid is indeed one of the best trackers out there..but the speeds which it provided is not consistent..Flutuates a lot!

gamer4eva
06-24-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm not really fussed about speeds its just that it should become enclosed and the torrents shouldnt be working on isohunt..torrentspy etc.

gazal
06-25-2006, 02:38 AM
i have downloaded more than a few torrents from demonoid without being a member...
i should say that they have some of the best releases...
but the speeds are indeed fluctuating...
the dl may have been going at full speed one day...the next day it will barely touch 15kB/s