PDA

View Full Version : A Letter From The Mayor’s office

BigBank_Hank
06-24-2006, 04:40 PM
I recently received a letter from the mayor of the small town that I live in stating that if you are outside and your boxers shorts are exposed that the police are going to ticket you.

Now really this doesn’t affect me, maybe because I don’t wear underwear :P , but I would think that the police have more pressing issues to attend to than be fashion police. We only have 4 police officers to patrol the streets and it seems like they should be doing something better with their time.

The letter didn’t state how much the offense was going to cost and what would happen if you were a repeat offender.

I mean really is this necessary?

vidcc
06-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Is the mayor up for re-election ? because it sounds like just another pointless wedgie issue to me Hank:pinch:

Skillian
06-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Wow, that's quite unbelieveable. Surely everyone, unless they tuck their shirt in, is going to show a flash of underwear every now and again.

Would it be presumptuous of me to think that they would really like to arrest young people wearing baggy, hip hop style clothing, but are dressing it up (so to speak) as a decency law?

MagicNakor
06-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Are you guys maybe reading too much into it and BigBank_Hank's town has a problem with people wandering around sans pants?

:shuriken:

BigBank_Hank
06-24-2006, 06:33 PM
@Vidcc: The mayor is up for re election and I think that I might consider running against him.

j2k4
06-24-2006, 07:18 PM
A better idea might be a public pledge that the police force will be physically fit, and their excellent condition will be assured by the requirement that they chase any such offenders until their sagging pants cause them to trip and fall, thus affording the officers an opportunity to also practice their first-aid skills on the resulting skinned knees. :)

Hank-

Don't forget to pander to the illegal-immigrant vote; you'll be a shoo-in.

vidcc
06-24-2006, 08:00 PM
A better idea might be a public pledge that the police force will be physically fit, and their excellent condition will be assured by the requirement that they chase any such offenders until their sagging pants cause them to trip and fall, thus affording the officers an opportunity to also practice their first-aid skills on the resulting skinned knees. :)

I'm sure I read on CNN about something very similar happening last week- a bag snatcher had to throw the bag away as his pants falling hindered his escape. Perhaps Hanks mayor is related somehow to this villain and is pro bag snatching.

did the letter mention the legality of those pants designed with the top part looking like boxers hank ?

Agrajag
06-24-2006, 09:09 PM
What about the top of a thong, is that OK.

Just asking like?

Wouldn't want your town to have some sort of underwear racism going on.

j2k4
06-24-2006, 10:52 PM
What about the top of a thong, is that OK.

Just asking like?

Wouldn't want your town to have some sort of underwear racism going on.

It all started with an urge to dangle, I hear.

BawA
06-25-2006, 07:05 AM
I recently received a letter from the mayor of the small town that I live in stating that if you are outside and your boxers shorts are exposed that the police are going to ticket you.

Now really this doesn’t affect me, maybe because I don’t wear underwear :P , but I would think that the police have more pressing issues to attend to than be fashion police. We only have 4 police officers to patrol the streets and it seems like they should be doing something better with their time.

The letter didn’t state how much the offense was going to cost and what would happen if you were a repeat offender.

in Iran they SprayPaint ur hands if ur wearing a T-shirt in Public :heheheh:

Agrajag
06-25-2006, 08:32 AM

What colour, or do you get to choose?

bulgie
06-26-2006, 08:16 AM

What colour, or do you get to choose?

Ooh, can I get mine to match? My T-shirt I mean?

Yeah, our own ayatollah-wannabees in my country (USA) aren't far off from making their perverted dreams come true.