PDA

View Full Version : How Many Wolrd Cup '06 Matches Have You Watched?

Busyman™
06-25-2006, 03:37 AM
....and did you get up for a piss during the match?

BawA
06-25-2006, 06:57 AM
all of them, most of them at home and some at the cafe's
piss... ohh yeh i piss 4-5 times during one half of the match(freakin A/C trow's air directly at me and i eat like a half of watermelon.

Agrajag
06-25-2006, 08:02 AM
How much does half of a watermellon eat?

Cheese
06-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Around 30 matches.

Agrajag
06-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Watermelons eat matches.

Who would have thunk it?

BawA
06-25-2006, 08:22 AM
hey You go find ur Turkia in Africa and stay out of this.

Agrajag
06-25-2006, 08:25 AM
hey You go find ur Turkia in Africa and stay out of this.
My apologies, I didn't realise it was a private conversation.

Now I think of it, you and BM having a private conversation would be fan-tastic. I'm sure mere mortals would learn much from your allied football knowledge.

DorisInsinuate
06-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Around 30 matches.
You poofter. I've watched about 90 matches because I'm a real man, I watch football all day.

Gripper
06-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Enough.

Euronymous
06-25-2006, 12:17 PM
So far i've watched all including the qualifiers (got several mates who records ones i missed so i can actually watch them). Only games i havent watched are the ones not shown on TV / at the Pub! :)

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 12:38 PM
So far i've watched all including the qualifiers (got several mates who records ones i missed so i can actually watch them). Only games i havent watched are the ones not shown on TV / at the Pub! :)
Aren't they all shown on the TV?

DorisInsinuate
06-25-2006, 12:45 PM
They are, except some were on the super secret BBC Three, which no one knows the channel number for.

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 01:02 PM
They are, except some were on the super secret BBC Three, which no one knows the channel number for.
Oh, right.

Proper Bo
06-25-2006, 01:03 PM
106 on telewest

Cheese
06-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Around 30 matches. You poofter. I've watched about 90 matches because I'm a real man, I watch football all day.
Pffft, real men watch wrestling. I only watched the footie 'cos the missus had the remote.

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 02:11 PM
You poofter. I've watched about 90 matches because I'm a real man, I watch football all day.
Pffft, real men watch wrestling. I only watched the footie 'cos the missus had the remote.
How you coping with this new fangled TV lark and watching stuff live thing Chebus.

Seedler
06-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Liek, in total, 6 full matches.

I mostly watch highlights.

Lyoness
06-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Today is England vs. Ecuador....................... can't wait! :)

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Today is England vs. Ecuador....................... can't wait! :)
Cheers, I might try to catch a bit of that.

j2k4
06-25-2006, 02:38 PM
I have watched zero.zero matches.

I haven't anyone to watch them with, and I can't tumble to "the magic of World Cup Soccer" without expert help. :(

This is (I freely admit) positively sinful for someone who has actually met and shaken the hand of Pele.

My most humble apologies.

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 02:47 PM
This is (I freely admit) positively sinful for someone who has actually met and shaken the hand of Pele.

That would be a much better story had you shook is hand, but not actualy met him.

peat moss
06-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Not enought I'm afraid, on too early here and when you tape them while at work some butthead workmate reads the score off his cell phone .

Busyman™
06-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Liek, in total, 6 full matches.

I mostly watch highlights.
Admittedly, I love the highlights.

The number of highlights for each match usually equal the number of goals plus red cards.:ermm:

I have watched 1 quarter of one match and had to turn due to boredom. That's more than I watch of a baseball game.

Bring on the NFL season I say. I didn't watch a whole lotta that 'till I had my knee surgered. Now I can't wait 'till the '06/'07 season.:(

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 08:59 PM
:glag:

"surgered", genious.

dry snitch
06-25-2006, 09:03 PM

I haven't anyone to watch them with, and I can't tumble to "the magic of World Cup Soccer" without expert help. :(

So you shook the hand of the greatest player ever but you don't deign to watch the game.

One has to think that you're full of shit.

By the way, I'm saying that with the utmost confidence that anyone - who has ever watched the game even once - will be looking at this post with the same sentiment as me.

peat moss
06-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Hey I'm happy he watched the highlights , Ever watch a NBA basketball game ? Just tune in to the last 2 minutes all you need to see .

Busyman™
06-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Hey I'm happy he watched the highlights , Ever watch a NBA basketball game ? Just tune in to the last 2 minutes all you need to see .
Bullcrap.

Admittedly, the last 2 minutes are rather exciting.:lookaroun

Dallas had a 13 point lead with 6 minutes left and fucking lost.....

.....the championship :glag:

As someone said before, the NBA has too many highlights. Some string together. Like when one player hits 4 3-pointers in a row, or Allen Iverson "breaks another's ankles" and scores, or when a smaller Stackhouse knocks 300+ pound Shaq down to the ground, or when Zoe blocks 5 shots in one game, or.....

Cheese
06-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Add another two to my tally. Good match for England and a fantastic other match for all the wrong reasons.

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Add another two to my tally. Good match for England and a fantastic other match for all the wrong reasons.
Indeed you chaps really should get thro' to the semi's with pas de problem now.

Cheese
06-25-2006, 09:40 PM

I haven't had a piss since the World Cup started. Pissing is for the girls.

dry snitch
06-25-2006, 09:45 PM

I haven't had a piss since the World Cup started. Pissing is for the girls.Agreed.

We had a sweepstake on how many times my weak bladdered mate went for a piss - no-one won 'cos it was fucking loads, The girly cunt.

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 09:45 PM

Pissing is for the girls.
Crabgirl may be a tad upset at you sharing your intimate secrets. Fact.

peat moss
06-25-2006, 09:46 PM

Never have to worry about being acussed of leaving the seat up then or piddling on it ! :)

dry snitch
06-25-2006, 09:48 PM
I was talking to a bloke tonight and he said that watersports is quality.

FFS, if they like it, they like it. Leave them alone, you arse cawk.

Cheese
06-25-2006, 09:49 PM

Never have to worry about being acussed of leaving the seat up then or piddling on it ! :)

I piss in the sink when I do go, it's great for getting rid of toothpaste stains.

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 09:51 PM

Again my apologies, I really amn't thinking things thro' tonight.

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 09:51 PM

I piss in the sink when I do go, it's great for getting rid of toothpaste stains.
:huh:

dry snitch
06-25-2006, 09:53 PM

Tautology.

This is quite clearly clear to the cognoscienti.

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Tautology.

Would that I understood their thinking. Alas it is never to be.

Cheese
06-25-2006, 09:57 PM
I piss in the sink when I do go, it's great for getting rid of toothpaste stains. :huh:

Dried toothpaste that has been left there by some cunt not rinsing the sink out properly.

dry snitch
06-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Tautology.

True, but you should still aspire to forumular greatness.

It would be no fun, otherwise.

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 10:00 PM
True, but you should still aspire to forumular greatness.

It would be no fun, otherwise.
I know my plaice.

peat moss
06-25-2006, 10:03 PM

Oh you mean stand for the Queen . ;)

Mr JP Fugley
06-25-2006, 10:05 PM
:huh:

Dried toothpaste that has been left there by some cunt not rinsing the sink out properly.
Oh, you mean wash-hand basin.

I had taken it that people were brushing ther teeth using the sink. Which as we all know is in the kitchen. Then you were pishing in it, like some sort of Welshman.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Proper Bo
06-25-2006, 10:07 PM
:pishrod:

dry snitch
06-25-2006, 10:12 PM

I had taken it that people were brushing ther teeth using the sink. Which as we all know is in the kitchen. Then you were pishing in it, like some sort of Welshman.

The punctuation is all there - but it's all to cock.

I'm pretty sure that tomorrow morning I'll be reading this and shaking my head in a derisory manner.

Cheese
06-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Dried toothpaste that has been left there by some cunt not rinsing the sink out properly. Oh, you mean wash-hand basin.

I would never piss in the kitchen sink!:O

I use that to wash my balls.

peat moss
06-25-2006, 10:25 PM

Oh you sick puppie , I just piss in the shower ,wash my balls problem solved . :happy:

peat moss
06-25-2006, 10:27 PM

Oh you sick puppie , I just piss in the shower ,wash my balls problem solved . :happy:

Actually my wife has a name for it or saying if you will . Is that for "Me" or for Pee ! :ph34r:

Busyman™
06-25-2006, 10:37 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CrabGirl
06-26-2006, 09:04 AM

I'm far more peturbed about the pissing in the sink business.

I've watched about 15 matches. Would've been more but I work daft hours.

manker
06-26-2006, 10:36 AM

I'm pretty sure that tomorrow morning I'll be reading this and shaking my head in a derisory manner.:no2:

Chip Monk
06-26-2006, 11:54 AM

I'm pretty sure that tomorrow morning I'll be reading this and shaking my head in a derisory manner.:no2:
Much as I would like to object to your derision I find myself unable and am forced to concur.

j2k4
06-26-2006, 07:49 PM

So you shook the hand of the greatest player ever but you don't deign to watch the game.

By the way, I'm saying that with the utmost confidence that anyone - who has ever watched the game even once - will be looking at this post with the same sentiment as me.

Blow it out your ass, One.

I met him at the Atlanta Zoo, July 29th, 1986.

We shook hands over the back of a baby elephant my son was riding on the occasion of his 5th birthday.

I had seen the bicycle kick (who hasn't) and most definitely recognized him when he stepped up.

Soccer fan or not, alongside Muhammad Ali, he's probably the most famous person on the entire planet.

Ironic...had I been so United States-centric as to be ignorant of his existence, I couldn't recount meeting him for the like of idiots such as yourself.

Mr JP Fugley
06-26-2006, 07:55 PM
To be fair I think he was one of the most famous people in the World, for a while. However I think that nowadays there are probably footballers more famous, to the younger element.

Mr JP Fugley
06-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Your point re dry snitch being a swallower of the cawk is however well made.

Mr JP Fugley
06-26-2006, 07:57 PM

I'm far more peturbed about the pissing in the sink business.

He's just following your example, sauce for the gander and so forth.

Busyman™
06-26-2006, 09:55 PM

We shook hands over the back of a baby elephant my son was riding on the occasion of his 5th birthday.

I had seen the bicycle kick (who hasn't) and most definitely recognized him when he stepped up.

Soccer fan or not, alongside Muhammad Ali, he's probably the most famous person on the entire planet.

Ironic...had I been so United States-centric as to be ignorant of his existence, I couldn't recount meeting him for the like of idiots such as yourself.
I don't say this often but....

:boxing: PWN3D!!:boxing:

Mr JP Fugley
06-26-2006, 09:57 PM

:glag: @

ziggyjuarez
06-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Around 7 or 8 matches.

Busyman™
06-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Wow the Netherlands/Portugal highlights were full of goals red/yellow cards.

I'm so surprised.:ermm:

Actually it was rather entertaining.:w00t:

Proper Bo
06-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Did you see Christiano Ronaldo cry like a bitch?:happy:

maebach
06-26-2006, 10:23 PM
I've seen all of the matches except portugal/netherlands, ukraine/switzerland, and ecuador/poland.

j2k4
06-26-2006, 10:43 PM

I have, as I type this, engaged my daughter in an effort to furtively recover photographic evidence of this meeting from my ex-wife, who is generally a disagreeable sort.

Success will result in a posting of the goods.

manker
06-26-2006, 10:43 PM

:boxing: PWN3D!!:boxing:Wow, that dry snitch guy was deliberately winding everyone up last night - even made a thread to get people to argue with him - but the one post he made in which you've brilliantly ascertained that he was deadly serious, he sure did get pwned by j2.

:rolleyes:

manker
06-26-2006, 10:46 PM

I have, as I type this, engaged my daughter in an effort to furtively recover photographic evidence of this meeting from my ex-wife, who is generally a disagreeable sort.

:lol:

Godspeed to you, sir.

Mr JP Fugley
06-26-2006, 10:48 PM

For the love of fuck, please don't post said photograph. I beseech you.

manker
06-26-2006, 10:49 PM

STFU, asswhole.

It'd be like the best ever.

Mr JP Fugley
06-26-2006, 10:50 PM

Godspeed to you, sir.
Crossed posts.

However, I stand by my last.

It's a dignity thing.

Mr JP Fugley
06-26-2006, 10:52 PM
STFU, asswhole.

Double crossed posts now.

OK here's the scoop. You decide, Kev. Post it or don't, it's a matter for you.

manker
06-26-2006, 10:53 PM

Godspeed to you, sir.
Crossed posts.

However, I stand by my last.

It's a dignity thing.
"For the love of fuck" - I'm still glagging at that.

manker
06-26-2006, 10:55 PM
STFU, asswhole.

All joking aside, I'd really like to see the pic.

Once he's retreived it from his ex-wife, it wouldn't be fair to get her to post it. That would be taking things too far.

Mr JP Fugley
06-26-2006, 10:59 PM

I thought you were giving disingenuous up and moving towards the "harsh but fair".

manker
06-26-2006, 11:01 PM

I thought you were giving disingenuous up and moving towards the "harsh but fair".When I said that, I was being disingenuous :(

ziggyjuarez
06-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Did Ghana win?My cables got turned of before i could watch it *cp

Mr JP Fugley
06-26-2006, 11:09 PM
I thought you were giving disingenuous up and moving towards the "harsh but fair".When I said that, I was being disingenuous :(
:glag::earl::genious:

j2k4
06-27-2006, 01:53 AM
Here are the pictures which regrettably do not include me, as I was operating the camera.

My apologies for the condition of the images; the pictures were not well cared-for.

The youngster directly in front of Edson is my youngest step-son, the mop in the lower right is my son the birthday-boy.

The leather jacket on the left is my brother-in-law.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7451/pele11tw.th.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pele11tw.jpg)

The lad directly behind Edson is my son, where Edson put him after lifting him from the baby elephant.

Directly behind Edson's left leg is my daughter, almost totally obscured.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3055/pele22ll.th.jpg (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pele22ll.jpg)

Again, apologies for the condition of the photos, and thanks to my daughter for laying hands on them at such short notice.

manker
06-27-2006, 07:59 AM
:schnauz:

Great pics, j2.

I doubt we'll be seeing the likes of that dry snitch around here again. You sure proved him wrong - pwnage of the highest order, as noted by the purveyor of pwnage himself.

Busyman™
06-27-2006, 08:16 PM

:boxing: PWN3D!!:boxing:Wow, that dry snitch guy was deliberately winding everyone up last night - even made a thread to get people to argue with him - but the one post he made in which you've brilliantly ascertained that he was deadly serious, he sure did get pwned by j2.

Yeah he pwn3d you real good.

j2k4
06-27-2006, 08:17 PM
With apologies also to JP; I hadn't seen the pics myself since about '89 or '90, and probably would have posted them on that basis alone. :)

Thing was, we were visiting my folks, and my cousin suggested we go to the zoo, which was undergoing a massive makeover; when we were there, new construction dictated odd accomodations for certain animals, and, as the weather was a bit cool for July in Atlanta, we had the zoo virtually to ourselves until Pele showed up.

I was standing at an enclosure where the giraffes were being housed temporarily; the fence was only about 4 feet high, and the giraffes would come right to the fence, lean over and nuzzle you-I turned to my right, and he was standing right next to me.

I must have looked surprised, wondering if my eyes were deceiving me, when he said, "Allo..."I was sure.

He strolled off a few feet, and my kids came up and asked who he was, so it took a few minutes to explain-my step-son had a vague notion of who Pele was, then remembered,-"oh, yeah-he was in that movie Victory, with Sylvester Stallone!"-and then we all kind of moseyed in the direction of the baby elephant, where the rest of the encounter took place.

Funny, too, I was scrambling for a scrap of paper so the kids could get his autograph, and when my step-son approached him again, Pele asked why he wanted his autograph, to which my step-son replied, "because you're Pele!", and the man replied, "but my name is Edson", before assuring him that he was better known as you-know-who.

A neat experience, all the way around. :)

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 08:27 PM
:no2:

V Poor, as proof that you shook Pele by the hand you post two pics of Pele, sans you.

Word to the wise mate, for evidence to be admissible it must be probative. Well certainly in any Court not involving the Kangaroo (the most noble of mammals).

Look I shagged the Queen

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/06/26/PH2006062600144.jpg

Do you see how it doesn't work

Proper Bo
06-27-2006, 08:28 PM
You hit it?!?:o

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 08:32 PM
You hit it?!?:o
You've seen the phoatie, so it must be true.

The Queen is the blonde on the right, right?

Proper Bo
06-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Does it matter?:naughty:

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Does it matter?:naughty:
Yes, it does actually, ya sick fuck.

manker
06-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Wow, that dry snitch guy was deliberately winding everyone up last night - even made a thread to get people to argue with him - but the one post he made in which you've brilliantly ascertained that he was deadly serious, he sure did get pwned by j2.

You're like some kind of interweb genious :o

How did you work out that it was me :o :o

j2k4
06-27-2006, 10:18 PM

V Poor, as proof that you shook Pele by the hand you post two pics of Pele, sans you.

Word to the wise mate, for evidence to be admissible it must be probative. Well certainly in any Court not involving the Kangaroo (the most noble of mammals).

Look I shagged the Queen

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/06/26/PH2006062600144.jpg

Of course I see.

What an ass I would have been to shake his hand while attempting to snap a pic of him, our hands clasping, and myself, all at once.

Difficult, that.

I apologize for the lack of an able photog to stand for me while I acted all fawning and fan-like.

You'll have to take my word for it, lest ye want to convene the Forum Court and quit yer yammerin'.

On a lighter note, you shagged the Queen, you poor sod.

If you don't mind my saying, she seems not to have noticed your ministrations.

Was it a (real) quickie at all, at all.

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 10:23 PM

Look I shagged the Queen

Of course I see.

What an ass I would have been to shake his hand while attempting to snap a pic of him, our hands clasping, and myself, all at once.

Difficult, that.

I apologize for the lack of an able photog to stand for me while I acted all fawning and fan-like.

You could have tried the following;

Turns to other person there and says "Could you do me a favour mate and take a photograph of me shaking hands with Pele".

Shakes hands, photo taken.

"Cheers mate, I really appreciate it".

That would have worked.

manker
06-27-2006, 10:32 PM
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/images/products/955/images/spade.jpg

For eagleboi. Take you're pick ;)

j2k4
06-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Of course I see.

Difficult, that.

Turns to other person there and says "Could you do me a favour mate and take a photograph of me shaking hands with Pele".

That would have worked.

Actually, I felt that for an adult to so impose in that particular setting would be a bit gauche, given his generous interaction with the kids.

I desired to handle things with a modicum of grace, rather than elbowing children out of the way for a picture, the only use for which would be to prove at some subsequent juncture that I had indeed met the man.

I don't regret that at all (at all).

100%
06-28-2006, 12:27 AM

Busyman™
06-28-2006, 12:27 AM

I think most people knew awhile ago around post #2. I didn't think it was an issue as to the identity.:idunno:

j2k4
06-28-2006, 12:30 AM

That's funny.

Unhyphenated, that reads, "For eagleboi. Take you are pick."

A witty comment, to be sure. :)

Proper Bo
06-28-2006, 12:32 AM
It's not hyphenated to begin with:huh:

Busyman™
06-28-2006, 12:43 AM

That would have worked.

Actually, I felt that for an adult to so impose in that particular setting would be a bit gauche, given his generous interaction with the kids.

I desired to handle things with a modicum of grace, rather than elbowing children out of the way for a picture, the only use for which would be to prove at some subsequent juncture that I had indeed met the man.

A fucking liar is what you are!:angry:

Actually that's pretty cool that you met Pele, j2.:happy:

manker
06-28-2006, 12:50 AM

That's funny.

Unhyphenated, that reads, "For eagleboi. Take you are pick."

A witty comment, to be sure. :)
Hey, you are were taking a battering.

Being the benevolent soul I am, I thought I'd chip up an easy one for you to nod into the net :)

manker
06-28-2006, 12:52 AM

I think most people knew awhile ago around post #2. I didn't think it was an issue as to the identity.:idunno:It wasn't, I made it abundantly clear.

One wonders why you felt the need to point it out.

Busyman™
06-28-2006, 12:54 AM
I think most people knew awhile ago around post #2. I didn't think it was an issue as to the identity.:idunno:It wasn't, I made it abundantly clear.

Eh? True dat, I guess. The pwnage was abundantly evident.

My bad.

manker
06-28-2006, 01:01 AM
It wasn't, I made it abundantly clear.

My bad.
That's the third time you've pointed that out too.

Are you totally giving up trying to engineer clever retorts and plumping for dogged reiteration.

Damn good move, if you are - 'cos the former never really worked for you :no2:

Busyman™
06-28-2006, 01:09 AM

My bad.

Are you totally giving up trying to engineer clever retorts and plumping for dogged reiteration.

I never engineered anything. I just post. :dabs:

I leave the "posting for effect" posts up to you, good man.

manker
06-28-2006, 01:13 AM

I leave the "posting for effect" posts up to you, good man.:lol:

The thing that tickles me is that you probably believe what you've written there.

j2k4
06-28-2006, 09:57 AM

Uh-oh-

You've misappropriated the return volley I intended for manker.

He'll be pissed, I bet...

manker
06-28-2006, 10:01 AM

Uh-oh-

Wasn't exactly floating crust on a hair rig, now was it.

DanB
06-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Uh-oh-

Ooh technical :naughty:

j2k4
06-28-2006, 10:04 AM

A fucking liar is what you are!:angry:

Actually that's pretty cool that you met Pele, j2.:happy:

It is, and it was, too.

It seemed enough for me.

Point being, that day, it was (for Atlanta) kind of cool, and as the zoo wasn't "officially" open, it was quite literally just our small group, Pele himself, a photographer for the AJC, and a city officlal/functionary escorting the man.

It was a really cool deal, and, though I don't have a picture to commemorate the event, I did shake his hand.

Cheese
06-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Pfft, I once drove in a taxi driven by Tommy Tynan. I didn't take a picture because he thought the camera would steal his soul.

manker
06-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Pfft, I once drove in a taxi driven by Tommy Tynan.You Plymouthians and your crazy dual control taxi cabs.

Proper Bo
06-28-2006, 10:27 AM
That would be kwality, a dual control taxi:smilie4:

Chip Monk
06-28-2006, 10:33 AM
I've played doubles pool (8-ball) with Maureen Lipman as my partner. She had to stand in at short notice as Jane Seymour let us down. Fortunately we managed to beat the Pope Benedict / Arthur Askey partnership in a closely fought match. Photographs were not allowed due to the confidentiality agreement we all had to sign, however I have my memories.

Busyman
06-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Pfft, I once drove in a taxi driven by Tommy Tynan. I didn't take a picture because he thought the camera would steal his soul.
Who dat be?

Cheese
06-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Pfft, I once drove in a taxi driven by Tommy Tynan. I didn't take a picture because he thought the camera would steal his soul. Who dat be?

He's a taxi driver.

Busyman
06-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Who dat be?

He's a taxi driver.
:O

j2k4
06-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Uh-oh-

You've lost me there.

Have you a catalogue of colloquiallisms, or some such?

Mr JP Fugley
06-28-2006, 08:37 PM
I know what he meant, but then I'm into Welsh colloquiallisms in a big way.

Busyman™
06-28-2006, 08:48 PM

I leave the "posting for effect" posts up to you, good man.:lol:

The thing that tickles me is that you probably believe what you've written there.
Your previous look-ups to Google to then come back and say something's obvious make me a believer.

Keep carefully crafting dem posts.;)

....and being tickled.:kiss:

manker
06-28-2006, 09:01 PM

Your previous look-ups to Google to then come back and say something's obvious make me a believer.

Keep carefully crafting dem posts.;)

....and being tickled.:kiss::huh:

manker
06-28-2006, 09:04 PM

You've lost me there.

Have you a catalogue of colloquiallisms, or some such?Not a colloquiallism but if you're not a fisherman, or haven't been at some point, then it's highly likely you wouldn't understand.

This time you can take me literally.

Sarcasm free post. Official.

Mr JP Fugley
06-28-2006, 09:12 PM
You've lost me there.

Have you a catalogue of colloquiallisms, or some such?Not a colloquiallism but if you're not a fisherman, or haven't been at some point, then it's highly likely you wouldn't understand.

Admit it, you're just talking carp as usual.

manker
06-28-2006, 09:14 PM
:lol: :groan:

Mr JP Fugley
06-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Par for the coarse, I would say.

manker
06-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Par for the coarse, I would say.
I wouldn't bream of saying otherwise :pinch:

manker
06-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Don't do it.

Don't say 'Well, it wouldn't be your plaice to'.

This has been my favourite thread ever so far ... let's not spoil it with dodgy punnage :ermm:

CELEBS
06-28-2006, 09:39 PM
you almost haddock there, like i'd fall for your rainbow trout.

j2k4
06-28-2006, 10:23 PM
You've lost me there.

Oh-got it.

It's been years since I've wet a line; inexcusable, really, given that I live and work near the baddest lake on earth.

A feeder river runs within 30 feet of my work station, and I can't be fussed to look off the bridge walking to or from work...:(

All things considered, I'll note here the two of you are on a rarified plane as regards the banter.

manker
06-28-2006, 10:36 PM
All things considered, I'll note here the two of you are on a rarified plane as regards the banter.
I really will have to get back to you on that.

I can't speak for JP, but I always like to check with Busyman to get a better idea of my intentions when I make a post.

===

With regards to the fishing, I'm much like you. I haven't been for over ten years now - I used to be fanatical about it, but then discovered wetting something other than my line was much more rewarding.

If it wasn't for hawt chicks, I'd still be manipulating my rod on desolate river banks each weekend.

j2k4
06-28-2006, 11:19 PM

I can't speak for JP, but I always like to check with Busyman to get a better idea of my intentions when I make a post.

===

With regards to the fishing, I'm much like you. I haven't been for over ten years now - I used to be fanatical about it, but then discovered wetting something other than my line was much more rewarding.

If it wasn't for hawt chicks, I'd still be manipulating my rod on desolate river banks each weekend.

As I remember, getting the chicks to manipulate any and all rods in evidence was top plan; sort of made my fishing jaunts an "observation only" endeavor.

If I wanted to really fish, I'd go alone; if I just wanted to play at it, I'd bring all the hawt chicks along too, and be sure they were going to gut the fish (rather than me) before I handed them a fileting knife.

Busyman™
06-29-2006, 12:25 AM

Damn right.:snooty:

manker
06-29-2006, 12:26 AM
:schnauz:

Smith
06-29-2006, 01:42 AM
wtf is the world cup?

Busyman™
06-29-2006, 02:36 AM
wtf is the world cup?
It's the Wolrd Cup, duck sick.

Smith
06-29-2006, 04:12 AM
soccer sux

Busyman™
06-29-2006, 04:32 AM
soccer sux
Baseball sux more.

To me, soccer doesn't have alot of "showtime". Unless there's a score or red card 'cause someone's face got crunched by an elbow, it's rather uneventful.

Watching a 0 - 0 tie is like fucking with no orgasm. Soccer is not the only sport guilty of this, btw. I once went to a cold fucking football game between the Redskins and Giants which ended in a 7 - 7 tie.

I fucking sat in the nosebleed section drinking cold beer about to piss myself for that game.

Soccer is the world's sport but of course America is very different than the rest of the world is so many respects that it's not surprising that it's not so popular here. We are not on a better wavelength but merely on a different one.