PDA

View Full Version : Who's World Cup coverage do you prefer? (UK)

Chewie
06-25-2006, 09:35 PM
BBC or ITV?

I can't stand listening to ITV and when AM reception is good I turn down the TV volume and listen to 5Live for commentary.

Cheese
06-25-2006, 09:37 PM
BBC ftw. I mentally tune out of the commentary because it's always gash, the pundits is where it's at.

I can't stand that bird on ITV or Ruud Gullit.

BBC has Hansen, Lineker and Shearer. There's no contest really.

Though the clips they show on ITV of the real-life USA commentators is hilarious.

Peerzy
06-25-2006, 10:05 PM
BBC is far better, ITV's team are shocking, Lineker is quality and that Brazilian Leonardo isn't half bad, the BBC team seem to have more fun and are always trying to get a quick joke in, i just finished watching ITV's coverage of Portugal Holland and that bird couldn't get a word in, she was trying to move the subject on for about 5 minutes but the blokes just wouldn't stop chatting shit.

Cheese
06-25-2006, 10:11 PM
BBC is far better, ITV's team are shocking, Lineker is quality and that Brazilian Leonardo isn't half bad, the BBC team seem to have more fun and are always trying to get a quick joke in, i just finished watching ITV's coverage of Portugal Holland and that bird couldn't get a word in, she was trying to move the subject on for about 5 minutes but the blokes just wouldn't stop chatting shit.

I didn't want to say it but, birds talking about football is just wrong.

Peerzy
06-25-2006, 10:28 PM

I didn't want to say it but, birds talking about football is just wrong.

Once of us was going to say it sooner or later, but im well pissed off you did first:dry:

CrabGirl
06-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Yah, and have you seen her roots? ghad.

DorisInsinuate
06-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Venables + adverts > *

Chewie
06-26-2006, 05:15 AM
Gabby can talk football for all eternity as far as I'm concerned. Her daddy was a legend for United.

DanB
06-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Bbc:01:

Barbarossa
06-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Where's the BawA option in this poll? :wacko:

dodgy368
06-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Where's the BawA option in this poll? :wacko:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry BawA but your understanding of footie rivals my wifes!:lol:

Oops, forgot, prefer the BEEB coverage, add El Tel and they'd be perfect!;)

Chewie
06-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Sorry?
That sounds like you approve of the man that almost bankrupted your favourite club.
I think he talks a lot and says nothing.

dodgy368
06-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Sorry?
That sounds like you approve of the man that almost bankrupted your favourite club.
I think he talks a lot and says nothing.

Erm, Chewie, was that a reply to my post?:ermm:

If it was, Venables was a great player for us and also a fantastic manager, he left 10 years before we had financial trouble.

Now if I was a Palarse(or Pompey) fan, I'd agree with you!:P

Mr JP Fugley
06-30-2006, 07:29 PM
BBC, even though the theme tune is racist.

tezmo
07-13-2006, 04:47 PM
The ITV stuff just looks so cheap and nasty - gotta be the beeb.

Mo_Steel
08-03-2006, 04:46 AM
Get a laugh here. I thought ABC/ESPN combo did a fair job for us newbs to real Football here in the U.S. They did there best and the reporting was mostly by past players like Foudy, Wynalda, Lalas, and M. Balboa.