06-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Get it here http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

citizenblue
06-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Sounds good deuce, thanks
:)

sear
06-27-2006, 07:17 AM
Cheers deuce. so what do you think? I like the graphical progress bar and the list of changes is quite impressive. I'll have to use it a bit longer before I can tell but at first glance it seems to connect to peers slightly slower than version 1.5 anyone else find that? overall though seems good.

ghurka
06-27-2006, 06:29 PM
I'll stick with 1.5 until another stable version comes out.

citizenblue
06-27-2006, 10:11 PM
I still have 1.4, haven't found a reason to upgrade.

FreeDoom
06-27-2006, 11:45 PM
I'll have to use it a bit longer before I can tell but at first glance it seems to connect to peers slightly slower than version 1.5 anyone else find that? overall though seems good.

I upgraded to RC1 and it's quite good though...yes i notested that too...:(

sear
06-28-2006, 04:05 AM
I'll have to use it a bit longer before I can tell but at first glance it seems to connect to peers slightly slower than version 1.5 anyone else find that? overall though seems good.

I upgraded to RC1 and it's quite good though...yes i notested that too...:(

Hmm it hasn't realy been a problem for me it still connects to all the peers within about 30 secs so whatever I'm gonna stick with it for now. as long as it stays stable but so far no probs :)

deuce6000
06-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Yep seems perfectly good to me.Don't forget to enable protocol encryption guys.

Options,Preferences,protocol encryption.

delimare
06-28-2006, 12:03 PM
I was using it for a bit (when it was called 1.5.4.something beta) but after a few days it was banned from bitmetv and a few other sites. Seeing as how I love my private trackers sites and fearing an IP ban I had no choice but to go back to 1.5 stable. I did like it though. The progress bars, the ability to change upload and download cap speeds from the sys tray icon, and still light as ever on resources. uTorrent for the win baby, the best client in my opinion!

justinius23
06-28-2006, 02:30 PM
I'll stick with 1.5 until another stable version comes out.

took the words out of my mouth.

deuce6000
06-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Um it is stable.

j0hn
06-28-2006, 03:57 PM
its stable, but its not a final release.
im also holding off for a final release.
i tried a beta a couple weeks back, that new progress bar looked damn ugly and annoying. i hope it can be disabled.

ghurka
06-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Um it is stable.

The latest stable version is still 1.5.

Version 1.6 is Release Candidate 1. If the testing goes well only then will the stable version of 1.6 be released.

Apparently its buggy so I would wait.

sear
06-28-2006, 05:16 PM
@delimare: I heared about an early version of UTorrent getting bannd a while back. when was the version you had banned??

So far so good for me if trackers start banning it I'll go back too version 1.5 but for now I'm happy.

delimare
06-28-2006, 09:57 PM
@delimare: I heared about an early version of UTorrent getting bannd a while back. when was the version you had banned??

So far so good for me if trackers start banning it I'll go back too version 1.5 but for now I'm happy.

It was a beta version that came out a few weeks ago. 1.5 something, beta. They may have renamed it 1.6 though as 1.6 looks exactly the same as the one that was banned. I have a feeling that 1.6 will also get banned eventually. From many faq's on the sites, they state that they don't want ANY beta clients being used.

sear
06-29-2006, 05:42 AM
Fair enough I'll have to make sure it's all good before I download more shit with it I wouldn't want to get an IP ban for nothing.

deuce6000
06-29-2006, 05:48 AM
If they ban anything it will be the client(which i doubt because its at least a release candidiate)and if they were going to ban people im sure they would at least warn you to stop using it.I have been using one version or another of beta utorrent since may 8th and havent been banned by any sites.

Better safe then sorry though.

sear
06-29-2006, 07:36 AM
@deuce: exactly I'm still going to use it so far none of the stes I use say it's banned so I'm happy but I'm def going to keep my eyes open :)

j0hn
06-29-2006, 10:36 PM
If they ban anything it will be the client(which i doubt because its at least a release candidiate)and if they were going to ban people im sure they would at least warn you to stop using it.I have been using one version or another of beta utorrent since may 8th and havent been banned by any sites.

Better safe then sorry though.
utorrent tells the tracker its version 1.6rc1, and some trackers that dont allow betas simply block those versions. the sites dont ban u, but simply prevent u using the client in the 1st place.

Sgathan
06-30-2006, 01:32 AM
Ol' Luddy's reputation has been tarnished since he decided to cooperate with PeerFactor, so I will be staying away from any future updates until the source is opened. Too bad, it really was the best client.

j0hn
06-30-2006, 01:48 AM
thats old news. anyone who reads beyond the headline know that he did nothing wrong. his judgement pehaps wasnt the best, but he in no way supported any anti-p2p organisation. its his work, he has the right, and the trust of its users, to keep the source closed.

since he decided to cooperate with PeerFactor
explain how he "cooperated" with them
he simply sold them a .dll file, not related to utorrent.
the .dll contained data to connect to tracker, connect to seeds/peers, etc etc.
he also has the right to refuse use of the .dll, as it remains his property.

sear
06-30-2006, 06:02 AM
@John: you took the words right out of my mouth.

Ol' Luddy's reputation has been tarnished since he decided to cooperate with PeerFactor, so I will be staying away from any future updates until the source is opened. Too bad, it really was the best client.

M8 you got to be joking who cares what ludd does. yah got to make a living right? he's put his time and effort into making the best client which he gives away for free. so what if he uses his reputation to earn a little cash. who wouldn't? anyone who tries to deny that is deluding themselves. No version of UTorrent is compromised by ad/spy/malware so whats the big deal get over it.

albertadj
01-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I am wondering..... With the concerns of the new ownership is this version still recommended

kavalchuk17
01-21-2007, 07:47 PM
You should get disabled for spamming.

{I}{K}{E}
01-21-2007, 07:52 PM
I am wondering..... With the concerns of the new ownership is this version still recommended

1.6 was released 6 month's ago. That's 5 month's before Bittorrent bought µTorrent.