PDA

View Full Version : iPod song listing question

Skiz
06-27-2006, 05:28 PM
OK, it seems that everyone I ask (friends, coworkers, etc.) hate the way that their iPod lists the songs which they've uploaded onto it. I have even tried a re-tagger, but that didn't even work for all of them. And let's be realistic; when one has 15,000 songs, who is going to actually re-tag all those? :wacko:

Example:

Willie Nelson
WillieNelson
willie nelson

You'll see that capitalization, spacing, everything matters. I there a program or way to fix this so that when the tunes are uploaded, the programs prompts the user and asks if they would like to be listed as the same name?

If not, there should be! :angry:

tesco
06-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Just retag them where you see mistakes?
That's what I do.

Emdee
06-27-2006, 06:09 PM
iTunes?

If you select a bunch of songs you can edit the artist (or album, genre etc) in the ID3 files for all the selected tracks at the same time.

Chewie
06-27-2006, 07:45 PM
I use Music Library (http://www.wensoftware.com/MusicLibrary/) for cataloguing my mp3s and audio CDs.

It has the best tagging and renaming features of all the cataloguing apps I've tried and a fairly effective duplicate search, too.

Skiz
06-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Just retag them where you see mistakes?
That's what I do.

Again, re-tagging does not fix all of the problems. I've tried this.

iTunes?

If you select a bunch of songs you can edit the artist (or album, genre etc) in the ID3 files for all the selected tracks at the same time.

iTunes is the Anti-Christ, I won't ever use it again. It doesn't matter anyway with 60 gb iPod and 15,000 songs....well, read my original post again.

@Chewie, I'll have to give that a run.