PDA

View Full Version : Good to see

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 07:49 PM
People abusing the "Similar Threads" function.

That's just what we need.

Proper Bo
06-27-2006, 07:51 PM
indeed, cawks.

manker
06-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Via the gift of the 'similar thread' function, I've noticed how much less benevolent Chebus has become over the years. Bo has become less of a cawk and The is now much less confident than he was.

All good things :)

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Via the gift of the 'similar thread' function, I've noticed how much less benevolent Chebus has become over the years. Bo has become less of a cawk and The is now much less confident than he was.

Kidding and swanking aside, it is rather an interesting tool for the social commentary.

Mr. Mulder
06-27-2006, 07:58 PM
They're not so similar :snooty:

manker
06-27-2006, 07:59 PM

Kidding and swanking aside, it is rather an interesting tool for the social commentary.Agreed.

I suppose it is intended for the software/hardware pneubs to be able to see whether anyone else had broken their interweb in a similar fashion, but its use in the lounge, the heartbeat of the forum, is far more esoteric.

Proper Bo
06-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Good Night And Good Luck 2005 LiMiTED PROPER DVDRip XviD-AFO isamma Movie & TV Verifieds 0 03-16-2006 01:13 PM
Good Night And Good Luck 2005 LiMiTED iNTERNAL DVDRip XviD-SoT wHoMe Movie NZBs 5 03-07-2006 01:40 AM
Good Night And Good Luck 2005 LiMiTED DVDRip XviD-FTS movbuff Movie NZBs 5 03-02-2006 05:30 PM
Good Night And Good Luck 2005 CSTM NL PAL LiMiTED DVDr-cSTM4u 7 of 1 Movie NZBs 4 02-26-2006 09:23 PM
Good Night, and Good Luck 2005 DVDSCR XviD - Team FiCO 7 of 1 Movie NZBs 3 01-07-2006 02:50 AM

pish

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Kidding and swanking aside, it is rather an interesting tool for the social commentary.Agreed.

I suppose it is intended for the software/hardware pneubs to be able to see whether anyone else had broken their interweb in a similar fashion, but its use in the lounge, the heartbeat of the forum, is far more esoteric.
No it isn't.

manker
06-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Agreed.

No it isn't.I don't know what you're disagreeing with, laddie, but I'll wager ten bob to a bit that you're wrong :smilie4:

100%
06-27-2006, 08:04 PM
no thread is similar, unless loungees post init

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 08:05 PM
No it isn't.I don't know what you're disagreeing with, laddie, but I'll wager ten bob to a bit that you're wrong :smilie4:
How is it more esoteric in the Lounge, eh, answer me that, how is it.

Guyver
06-27-2006, 08:08 PM
u guys are fucked

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 08:13 PM
u guys are fucked
You're a dimwit, but we're only having a larf.

You do the math.

manker
06-27-2006, 08:14 PM
I don't know what you're disagreeing with, laddie, but I'll wager ten bob to a bit that you're wrong :smilie4:
You're probably rodding :dabs:

Similar hardware/software problems can be useful for anyone from anywhere but seeing what pish people wrote a couple of years ago is only interesting if you're well acquainted with the person who wrote it.

100%
06-27-2006, 08:17 PM
similar thread item is proof that margret thatcher is unique.

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 08:20 PM

Similar hardware/software problems can be useful for anyone from anywhere but seeing what pish people wrote a couple of years ago is only interesting if you're well acquainted with the person who wrote it.
I hear what you say and support your right to say it. However I feel obliged to point out that it's bunkum. Discussions on the relative worth of a certain vijoe card, or mofo is much more a matter for the cognoscenti than looking at bits of pish posted by strangers a few months ago.

Most people (me) don't give much of a fuck about the doohickys inside a computer and look askance at those who want to discuss them at length. Actually arguing about whether it's worth over-clocking your scunge plate to get an extra 0.5% performance increase.

manker
06-27-2006, 08:30 PM

I hear what you say and support your right to say it. However I feel obliged to point out that it's bunkum. Discussions on the relative worth of a certain vijoe card, or mofo is much more a matter for the cognoscenti than looking at bits of pish posted by strangers a few months ago.

Most people (me) don't give much of a fuck about the doohickys inside a computer and look askance at those who want to discuss them at length. Actually arguing about whether it's worth over-clocking your scunge plate to get an extra 0.5% performance increase.
Same here but I was thinking of getting a graphics card (and indeed did after looking at some interweb info). Guests of the forum could also use this feature to find similar threads on graphics cards. Point being is that the hardware/software similar thread stuff could be a little bit applicable to a lot more people than a franglais thread contributed to by your good self Gillian and I.

Therefore the usefulness of the similar thread function has a far more esoteric nature in the lounge.

CrabGirl
06-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Can't be arsed making a new thread but I just put up some shelves, in preparation for the sharing of the homestead with cheese. I'm really proud coz I made them myself and they are straight.

manker
06-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Can't be arsed making a new thread but I just put up some shelves, in preparation for the sharing of the homestead with cheese. I'm really proud coz I made them myself and they are straight.Respect.

Putting up shelves is something I've only tried once, and I did it wrong - I couldn't even contemplate making them too.

Hope the co-habiting goes swimmingly :happy:

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 08:40 PM

Same here but I was thinking of getting a graphics card (and indeed did after looking at some interweb info). Guests of the forum could also use this feature to find similar threads on graphics cards. Point being is that the hardware/software similar thread stuff could be a little bit applicable to a lot more people than a franglais thread contributed to by your good self Gillian and I.

Therefore the usefulness of the similar thread function has a far more esoteric nature in the lounge.

Yeah, some guests may want to read about hardware pish. However most would be turned off by it's esoteric nature and feel excluded by the frankly maniacal attention to detail.

Anyone reading stuff in the Lounge will be able to connect to it at some level. They may not understand the subtle interplays and juxtapositions, however that's the same when you move to a new village, school, job etc so they will be used to having to acclimatise and learn the community dynamic. In the meantime not feeling overwhelmed as they would be in hard-on world.

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Can't be arsed making a new thread but I just put up some shelves, in preparation for the sharing of the homestead with cheese. I'm really proud coz I made them myself and they are straight.
He's only doing it to get access to a telly.

You've turned his head with your worldy goods.

manker
06-27-2006, 08:45 PM

Yeah, some guests may want to read about hardware pish. However most would be turned off by it's esoteric nature and feel excluded by the frankly maniacal attention to detail.

Anyone reading stuff in the Lounge will be able to connect to it at some level. They may not understand the subtle interplays and juxtapositions, however that's the same when you move to a new village, school, job etc so they will be used to having to acclimatise and learn the community dynamic. In the meantime not feeling overwhelmed as they would be in hard-on world.
Yeah but the 'anyone' wouldn't use the similar thread function in the lounge, which is what we're on about - not the tangent you've gone off on. As I've said, the function will only be used by those already well acquainted with the regular posters.

Others would just read the posts at the top, like.

Les Bleues sont banged another in, btw :01:

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 08:49 PM
I don't know where you're going now, presumably just anywhere that allows you to hide from the words "esoteric", "more" and "lounge" being in close proximity.

3-1 now btw.

manker
06-27-2006, 08:51 PM
I don't know where you're going nowWas I a bit too esoteric :naughty:

That 3-1 you just barked at me was a spoiler, btw. Fecking China and their three minutes behind telly.

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 08:53 PM
I don't know where you're going nowWas I a bit too esoteric :naughty:

That 3-1 you just barked at me was a spoiler, btw. Fecking China and their three minutes behind telly.
:glag:

Are you still at work?

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 08:57 PM
manker, I hate you, you know there's no way I can avoid posting this.

Something cannot be "too esoteric".

manker
06-27-2006, 09:03 PM

Something cannot be "too esoteric".Something can be too esoteric for a person to comprehend.

:pinch: :pinch:

manker
06-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Was I a bit too esoteric :naughty:

:glag:

Are you still at work?
Aye, my second stint of the day :dabs:

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 09:06 PM
You're scrubbed.

Entice folk into speaking with you, whilst you're sitting there banking.

Harsh beyond harshness.

manker
06-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Considering the dullness of the work I have to complete before tomorrow that I've been working on since last week, it's highly surprising that it hasn't rubbed off and that anyone speaks to me at all :mellow:

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 09:09 PM

Something cannot be "too esoteric".Something can be too esoteric for a person to comprehend.

Stop it, I really hate you.

Something either is esoteric, or it isn't. It can't be esotericish.

Gripper
06-27-2006, 09:11 PM
You gonna share what esoteric means or do we have to be in your small select secret club?

manker
06-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Something can be too esoteric for a person to comprehend.

Ohhh, so you're saying it's an absolute and that there can't be degrees of it.

I don't know how I didn't pick that up in the first place :lol:

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Considering the dullness of the work I have to complete before tomorrow that I've been working on since last week, it's highly surprising that it hasn't rubbed off and that anyone speaks to me at all :mellow:
I'm doing some really interesting stuff at work just now (well it is for me). Really knackered a lot of the time, but that's a good thing because it means I'm enjoying what I'm doing and getting stuck in.

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 09:14 PM
You gonna share what esoteric means or do we have to be in your small select secret club?
:lol:

Cawk

Gripper
06-27-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm doing some really interesting stuff at work just now (well it is for me). Really knackered a lot of the time, but that's a good thing because it means I'm enjoying what I'm doing and getting stuck in.
I wish I was a Gigilo:D

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 09:15 PM

Ohhh, so you're saying it's an absolute and that there can't be degrees of it.

I don't know how I didn't pick that up in the first place :lol:
I told you I hated you for making me do this, right at the start.

I meant it.

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 09:16 PM
I wish I was a Gigilo:D
Hey, have I ever hidden it.

Kept man me and it's fecking fantastic.

manker
06-27-2006, 09:17 PM
No, it means that you're getting too old for ambulance chasing.

:D

Work sucks at this time of year for me, good to hear someone is getting something out of it tho'.

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 09:21 PM
No, it means that you're getting too old for ambulance chasing.

:D

Work sucks at this time of year for me, good to hear someone is getting something out of it tho'.
:no2:

Yer a big smelly nob and well you know it.

Cheese
06-27-2006, 09:40 PM
I've noticed how much less benevolent Chebus has become over the years.
I have no idea what you mean.

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 09:44 PM
I've noticed how much less benevolent Chebus has become over the years.

I have no idea what you mean. :shifty:
Hoi, Chebus is it right you're moving in with a telly which owns it's own burd.

Cheese
06-27-2006, 09:47 PM
I have no idea what you mean. :shifty: Hoi, Chebus is it right you're moving in with a telly which owns it's own burd.

Yeah, and get this for selling out, I'm paying emergency tax and am planning on buying a HDTV when I get the money back in a few months.

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Hoi, Chebus is it right you're moving in with a telly which owns it's own burd.

Yeah, and get this for selling out, I'm paying emergency tax and am planning on buying a HDTV when I get the money back in a few months.
:glag: :earl:

From no tax to emergency tax and no telly to busytelly.

Fan-tastic.

Cheese
06-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, and get this for selling out, I'm paying emergency tax and am planning on buying a HDTV when I get the money back in a few months. :glag: :earl:

From no tax to emergency tax and no telly to busytelly.

Fan-tastic.

I thought you'd appreciate it, I'm only doing it for the irony really.

CrabGirl
06-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Think you mean ironING dear. :dabs:

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Wait a minute, you're paying emergency tax then claiming it all back when you go back to big school.

That's still fecking tax dodging, you're just using my money to buy a busytelly now, rather than spending it on drink, drugs and prostitutes.

Proper Bo
06-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Cancelled our busytelly order today cause it was meant to be here this morning and then the cunts phoned and said it'd be here on Monday:dabs:

Cheese
06-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Wait a minute, you're paying emergency tax then claiming it all back when you go back to big school.

That's still fecking tax dodging, you're just using my money to buy a busytelly now, rather than spending it on drink, drugs and prostitutes.
I'd send you a picture of me watching your TV but, from what I've heard, the picture is so good on a HDTV that your average camera would explode if you attempted to take a picture in the vicinity of a HDTV.

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 10:01 PM

I'd send you a picture of me watching your TV but, from what I've heard, the picture is so good on a HDTV that your average camera would explode if you attempted to take a picture in the vicinity of a HDTV.
I don't have an average camera. :snooty:

manker
06-27-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm paying emergency tax and am planning on buying a HDTV when I get the money back in a few months.My advice would be to pay someone a feckload of money to get your money back from the taxman - just incase those evil bar-stewards down at t'revenue rip you off :sly:

Cheese
06-27-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm paying emergency tax and am planning on buying a HDTV when I get the money back in a few months.My advice would be to pay someone a feckload of money to get your money back from the taxman - just incase those evil bar-stewards down at t'revenue rip you off :sly:

That reminds me, I still owe you £20. What's that in Welsh dollars?

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah, pay someone a brazillion pounds, so they can then pay a blonde burd with big bewbs minimum wage, to fill in forms for you. You know it makes sence.

manker
06-27-2006, 10:20 PM
My advice would be to pay someone a feckload of money to get your money back from the taxman - just incase those evil bar-stewards down at t'revenue rip you off :sly:

That reminds me, I still owe you £20. What's that in Welsh dollars?Three terraced houses.

I had to sell a kidney to go out on the lash with you and CrabGirl :(

manker
06-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah, pay someone a brazillion pounds, so they can then pay a blonde burd with big bewbs minimum wage, to fill in forms for you. You know it makes sence.She'd be under my watchful eye, so it would be well worth the cash money.

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah, pay someone a brazillion pounds, so they can then pay a blonde burd with big bewbs minimum wage, to fill in forms for you. You know it makes sence.She'd be under my watchful eye, so it would be well worth the cash money.
You looking at the hawt bewbs does not represent value for (my) money.

manker
06-27-2006, 10:31 PM
She'd be under my watchful eye, so it would be well worth the cash money.
Well, that's hardly surprising as there is nothing on god's green eath that you wouldn't begrudge handing over cash money for - you parsimonious so-and-so.

Mr JP Fugley
06-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Well, that's hardly surprising as there is nothing on god's green eath that you wouldn't begrudge handing over cash money for - you parsimonious so-and-so.
Let's get this right, I am perfectly happy to hand over vast sums of cash. So long as it isn't mine.

manker
06-27-2006, 10:41 PM
:schnauz: