PDA

View Full Version : Quick Newsbin question.

alpha06
06-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Okay guys quick question about newsbin 5.

At the bottom where its downloading I have 2 numbers seperated by a slash.

The first number is the download number, but what is the second number? Is it the upload? I though I wasnt uploading anything? I would appreciate some help.

it would be something like this : 12.1Mbps/1.6Mbps

Thing is I think those are my download and upload speeds. But in the previios version it just showed me one number which is the speed I was currently downloading at, but why do I see this second number now as if Im uploading?

alpha06
06-29-2006, 03:33 AM
Okay GUYS HELPPPP! Ran bandwidth monitor and it seems every time I run newsbin it uploads at like !Mbit or so. What the hell am I uploading and where??? How do I stop this. Whats going on? Guys help please.

*EDIT* Just checked my newsgroup account and it says tht posting is disabled. WTF? So why am I uploading? And what is that second number for? Comon guys someone has to know whats going on here.
Traffic Reporter keeps saying that I uploaded about 990KB in the last 30 seconds.

Broken
06-29-2006, 04:18 AM
I'm not familiar with this "newsbin 5" program.
You should not be uploading anything to any where. If you can't get an answer to your question I would suggest switching to another client... i.e. Grabit.

alpha06
06-29-2006, 05:13 AM
yea and posting is disabled on m account. So any1? What is that secondnumber for after the slash???

Also RAN DU METER and it shows I am constantly uploading at .03mB/sec.
Something is definately wrong here right???

alpha06
06-29-2006, 05:39 AM
Nevermind guys. I figured it out. First value is in Megabits and then newsbin converts it to Megabytes. Thanks.