PDA

View Full Version : Creative SB Live! 5.1

Elvenmunky
07-01-2006, 10:57 PM
When i dload the drivers for this i get a message saying "Setup could not detect any Soundblaster Live! hardware... Please ensure it is properly installed..."...wtf and i think this soundcard is the cause of my games crashing all the damn time!!! coz microsoft error reporting says its a 'device driver' thats causing it...can someone help plz!!!

peat moss
07-02-2006, 12:45 PM
It was working before , and shows in device manager ? I'v read some of your posts in Gamesworld do you have onboard sound as well ? Delete Sound Blaster
from Device Manager , reboot let windows reinstall it and have drivers ready .

If that does work try the card in anouther slot .

Drivers : http://ca.creative.com/support/downloads/

Elvenmunky
07-03-2006, 12:49 PM
yeh i have 'realtek' as my onboard sound, could this be conflicting? i meant to say that the drivers provided with the soundcard (on cd) DO work but i cannot install drivers from the creative website and i think i need to install the updated drivers to stop my games crashing and crackling.

peat moss
07-03-2006, 01:27 PM
If the on board sound is disabled , you can update drivers for SB thru Device Manager . Click on update driver and when prompted, point to the file with the update .

Elvenmunky
07-03-2006, 02:23 PM
kool thanx...just out of curiosity how does it update it? through windows update?

Virtualbody1234
07-03-2006, 03:50 PM
kool thanx...just out of curiosity how does it update it? through windows update?

Click on update driver and when prompted, point to the file with the update .
If you point it to the file then it will update from that file. Not from Windows update.

Elvenmunky
07-03-2006, 03:56 PM
oh ok, afetr playing games it always crashes and this microsoft comes up with this error report:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=7b51768a-5a54-4e93-bb9f-55bf00a26dfb&SID=10

Anyone know whaat this is?

Virtualbody1234
07-03-2006, 04:26 PM
oh ok, afetr playing games it always crashes and this microsoft comes up with this error report:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=7b51768a-5a54-4e93-bb9f-55bf00a26dfb&SID=10

Anyone know whaat this is?
Did you successfully update the SB drivers? If so then perhaps it's another device driver causing the problem.

Elvenmunky
07-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Sorry how do you point to the file? from device manager? can you go through the steps please? because it wont let me go to a specific location :S

Elvenmunky
07-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Right i seem to have the updated drivers for my soundcard and video card but i still get the same error message :S

spenz
07-03-2006, 07:03 PM
or try this mate, Uninstall your soundcard completely if you don't know how to manually delete the file clutters ion the registry editor. Try Ccleaner or regCleaner it's both excellent in removing excess clutter. After doing so restart and go to your main bios and disable your realtek onboard soundcard. complete the restart and when you're in the windows install your new soundcard and hope it works. ^_^

Elvenmunky
07-03-2006, 08:14 PM
right, spenz i have done everything u said and now i get this error message:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=b4ba4fca-1c84-47ed-a8ef-1c630d7fd562&SID=11

but the thing is, i agve installed the latest catalyst driver (6.6)

peat moss
07-03-2006, 10:00 PM
right, spenz i have done everything u said and now i get this error message:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=b4ba4fca-1c84-47ed-a8ef-1c630d7fd562&SID=11

but the thing is, i agve installed the latest catalyst driver (6.6)

And the 2 nd step is :

+ Solution 2: Manually decrease Hardware Acceleration for your video adapter.

Also this :

WORKAROUND
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
2. On the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Troubleshoot tab.
3. Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None, and then click to clear the Enable Write Combining check box.
4. Click OK, and then click OK.

Note This procedure prevents the display driver from programming the hardware incorrectly, but you may lose some display functionality and performance. Although you can increase the hardware acceleration settings higher than None to regain functionality and performance, these settings increase the chance that the issue will occur again. For maximum stability, leave hardware acceleration off.

Elvenmunky
07-04-2006, 12:57 AM
yeh i think i found out what the problem was, i opened the side panel and unsrewed my fan and then blew it directly on the my videocard while my lil bro played 'F.E.A.R' and it didnt crash once and when i took away the fan, the game crashed straight away...could this be the mystery solution?

peat moss
07-04-2006, 01:58 AM
:lol: Its a start, thought you had trouble with sound ? In fairness I remember you saying your system crashed while playing games in another thread .

Are not computers wonderful ? :frusty:

spenz
07-04-2006, 02:43 AM
yeh i think i found out what the problem was, i opened the side panel and unsrewed my fan and then blew it directly on the my videocard while my lil bro played 'F.E.A.R' and it didnt crash once and when i took away the fan, the game crashed straight away...could this be the mystery solution?

hehe heat kills, most specially to machines. Imagine this, i use a leadtek 6600GT videocard with its fan on full throttle and it still crashes whenever i play extreme graphical games like F.E.A.R, oblivion and others..and i checked my temperature its wooping high that's because of heat. how much more if there's no fan yea it can certainly coz crashes.^_^ You might want to buy a video card cooler like arctic accelero its ultra powerful video card cooler make crashes almost gone to 95%. it's there in the market for a reason. :)

Elvenmunky
07-04-2006, 10:46 AM
have u got one? do they really work?

Elvenmunky
07-04-2006, 10:47 AM
...coz like i dont really wanna be wasting some money, but i hope it does work :)

spenz
07-05-2006, 06:04 AM
Arctic cooler accelero works magic for me. as i've said earlier, before, when i wasn't using any video card cooler, i have to suffer from time to time crashes. but since installing arctic accelero crashes was almost gone down to 95%. So I recommend it. ^_^