PDA

View Full Version : Opera, Opera, Opera. I like Opera!

zapjb
07-02-2006, 06:19 AM
OK I'm on dialup. Always have been*. Thats the 1st reason I fell in like with Opera. On dialup pages load way faster than Ff or derivatives & 10x faster than IE. OK I overlooked over some stuff in Opera. I know theres always more to discover with Opera. I'm talking about this custom buttons page.

http://operawiki.info/CustomButtons

by NonTroppo. I've known about this page & NonTroppo for a while. Even got some buttons there. Hell I'm even using his breeze_simplified_micro_v4_15-5_0 skin. So I go to the performance page.

http://operawiki.info/OperaPerformance

And I read this:

"Users of old computers should probably turn javascript off by default unless a page requires it. .."

There is much more but this tweak alone has rocketed my surfing. And the small buttons I picked are amazing & make things simple. I picked up the freakin hilarious Smiley Identify (happy=Opera, unhappy=Mozilla, crying=IE). And the Java, Javascript, CleanUp & Zoom buttons. To get quick access to these options. Check them out!

*I save like $30/month USD over weak DSL & $60/month over cable. And attainable female companions irl still look good.

Yoga
07-02-2006, 06:23 AM
Nothing can save you on dial-up.

zapjb
07-02-2006, 06:27 AM
I am saved.....on dialup. *Saved!

Yoga
07-02-2006, 06:52 AM
Gave up opera long time ago, always felt its interface was too cluttered and the lack of necessary extensions a pain. And even worse is the fact so many pages don't display properly.

sisco9
07-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Opera is good in a way as it has built-in features that you need extentions to use in firefox. Like undoing closed tabs and using the "cached images" feature.
Anyway, I use it more for testing than browsing.

peat moss
07-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Hell it has a performance page ? I thought it was fast out of the box , I'll have to check that out . :)

Seedler
07-02-2006, 03:05 PM
OK I'm on dialup.

:O :ph34r: :fear:

Are you liek, a social outcast?:huh:

tesco
07-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Double post. :P

No WYSIWYG in Opera? Pff it's as bad as Safari then!

JK. :) I just installed 9.0 to test out. I can agree that it is very fast, altho imo it's the same as firefox in speed.

Either way it's a very good browser and definately my second choice after firefox. ;)

IE is probably the worst browser for dialup users.
It waits for all the code in a certain tag (excluding html and body tags afaik) to load before it renders that part of the page while firefox and opera render as they download, making the content show quicker for dialup users. :)

Anyway I'm off to test the site with this browser to see if anything looks fcked.

S!X
07-02-2006, 10:53 PM
OK I'm on dialup.

:O :ph34r: :fear:

Are you liek, a social outcast?:huh:

LOL, I didn't know dialup was still around. :lol: :whoosh:

zapjb
07-03-2006, 03:03 AM
OK so nobody read my footnote.

tesco
07-03-2006, 07:02 AM
OK so nobody read my footnote.I did.:shifty:

spenz
07-03-2006, 09:13 AM
If he wasn't into downloading stuffs here and there and more on just browsing or surfing maybe chatting. Then, Dial up is good enough for him i think.