PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Fuck Help Urgent!!!!

Seedler
07-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Spilled a can of pepsi on my laptop, unplugged power and it's now upside down dripping cola.

Now what?

Dry with blow dryer?

Dry with towel?

OMG OMG HELP.

manker
07-02-2006, 05:34 PM
HardwareWorld, beveragetard.

Agrajag
07-02-2006, 05:35 PM
It seems to be working OK.

GepperRankins
07-02-2006, 05:49 PM
lol

peat moss
07-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Put it in the clothes dryer on low . JK I know of two tools to fix it , a plastic garbage bag and a credit card .

Proper Bo
07-02-2006, 05:52 PM
In what would probably be your own words if it was someone else in the same situation:

lol, pwned:lol:

manker
07-02-2006, 05:56 PM
In what would probably be your own words if it was someone else in the same situation:

lol, pwned:lol:
In all fairness, he almost certainly made it up to get attention.

He has emo issues due to maebach's parents being richer than his :emo:

peat moss
07-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Ah good old google :

http://www.grynx.com/projects/salvage-your-device-after-liquid-spill/2/

Love the advice about using the wife's toothbrush to brush off the crud and not your own . :lol:

Mr. Mulder
07-02-2006, 07:03 PM
coke ($pepsi) contains a lot of acid, its going to eat away at your circuitry and at the same time make it rly shiny.

dismantle the whole thing, dry each part and leave it for a couple of days

:kiss:

thewizeard
07-02-2006, 07:22 PM
:O I heard it's a very effective birth-control, (kills seed ) or is that Coke? :rolleyes:

100%
07-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Dont use it for 24hrs!
leave it upside down
remove the keyboard (annoying job)but worth it - it is quite simple once you work out how to do it. normally you remove the front plastic thingy above the keyboard and then the rest is logical. To release the keyboard from base follow the wires, then with little stick pen or screw diver lift the sides of the box holding it down
the wash the keys and underneath
if the laptop works great, but the keys will get fuxored next day by the coke.
i find removing the keys dangerous cause somettimes the clips underneath break

ive done this many times wine,beer, coffee - seriously remove the keyboard and clean it,
(i put the entire keyboard in the sink and let water run over it - it works fine BUT do not do this on my account - i dont know what type of keyboard you have hence it might fuxor it more)

kpanas
07-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Anyone know if an Ali G videogame is coming out???

tesco
07-02-2006, 08:04 PM
If you can, pop off each key and clean them (if you aren't going to remember where they go then you better take a pic or something first!).
Then clean under where the keys go.

With my keyboard (I've never taken a laptop apart though) I can remove all te keys, and unscrews the thing from the back to take it apart into many peices.
Most of them except for the circuit board bits can be put right into a sink or bath tub to clean off.
You'll have to see.

If you dont clean it and only let it dry chances are the keys will be sticky and anoying.

JPaul
07-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Unfortunately the simplest solution (no pun intended) involves a time machine and a temporal paradox.

Buffalo
07-02-2006, 08:19 PM
face it, it's fucked, what are you like :no:

The only thing to do is get some Insurance,
then drop it hard, very hard, and make a claim
I think it's legal in Canada to do so.

missie
07-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Dont use it for 24hrs!

At least!!1!

In fact if I were you, I'd leave it to dry out for roughly a month or two.
Even then, be very cautious about posting on forums.

JPaul
07-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Dont use it for 24hrs!

At least!!1!

In fact if I were you, I'd leave it to dry out for roughly a month or two.
Even then, be very cautious about posting on forums.
I can't get that link to work. :blink:

missie
07-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Well keep trying then. :snooty:

The storm must be f*cking the forum up too.

JPaul
07-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Well keep trying then. :snooty:

The storm must be cunting the forum up too.
Fixed.

Seedler
07-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Fuckstar, it's dried with a blow dryer, and I've left it alone for several hours, wiping away as much residue as I can. And now it won't power on:frusty:

My lappy ruined...:angry:

JPaul
07-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Fuckstar, it's dried with a blow dryer, and I've left it alone for several hours, wiping away as much residue as I can. And now it won't power on:frusty:

Just post "I made it up, lol"

It'll save a lot of time.

missie
07-02-2006, 11:16 PM
I got mine "orf the back off a lorry" and it doesn't do bugger all if you try and move it. I use it as a drinks coaster/rolling tray. :smilie4:

thewizeard
07-03-2006, 05:49 AM
Dont use it for 24hrs!
leave it upside down
remove the keyboard (annoying job)but worth it - it is quite simple once you work out how to do it. normally you remove the front plastic thingy above the keyboard and then the rest is logical. To release the keyboard from base follow the wires, then with little stick pen or screw diver lift the sides of the box holding it down
the wash the keys and underneath
if the laptop works great, but the keys will get fuxored next day by the coke.
i find removing the keys dangerous cause somettimes the clips underneath break

ive done this many times wine,beer, coffee - seriously remove the keyboard and clean it,
(i put the entire keyboard in the sink and let water run over it - it works fine BUT do not do this on my account - i dont know what type of keyboard you have hence it might fuxor it more)

This looks like another candidate for a pin job, 100% ( don't get excited, I said pin- job, not blow job, Seedler)...maybe it could be pinned to Seedlers back side?

This is a another clear case of attention defiency..

spenz
07-03-2006, 08:15 AM
great tip ill do it immediately! ^)^

100%
07-03-2006, 08:39 AM

since it fuxored now, then you have nothing to loose, but to open it up, clean the best you can
unless ofcourse you have an all in-insurance on it

Barbarossa
07-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Try clearing the cache and flashing the BIOS. :blink:

Mr. Mulder
07-03-2006, 10:02 AM
:happy:

Seedler
07-03-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm gonna try to sell it on Ebay now.:whistling Reduced price.:happy:

Tempestv
07-03-2006, 03:55 PM
the acid from carbonated beverages will eat the traces on the motherboard. the only way to save it really would have been to disassemble the laptop and clean it as soon as it happened. in all likelyhood, many of the componets are still good- cpu, ram, harddrive, cd drive, screen, ect. you may be able to buy the motherboard as a replacement part and get it working again.

DanB
07-03-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm gonna try to sell it on Ebay now.:whistling Reduced price.:happy:

Prick. :dry:

spenz
07-04-2006, 04:56 AM
wash it again, but this time with water so that the acids will be neutralized.lol

Tempestv
07-04-2006, 05:01 AM
wash it again, but this time with water so that the acids will be neutralized.lol
if the laptop already quite, then washing the board again is like closing the barn door after the cows got out. the laptop quite because the acid ate away the traces on the motherboard. neuteralizing the acid will stop any more damage, but considering that there already is enough damage that the computer doesn't work, it ain't going to fix the problem.