PDA

View Full Version : How to Contact Wild-Bytes

cbchaos
07-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know how to contact any of the admins from Wild-bytes.

My account was disabled a couple of days ago - I have no idea why and would like to find out.

I know they had been going on about dodgy versions of azureus - but I use utorrent and before that it was ABC - have never used azureus. Don't want to be kicked form the site I use most for no reason - my ratio was v/good > 1.6.

My user account was cbchaos for any members who could check for me.

thanks

ghurka
07-02-2006, 06:24 PM
I've PM'd staff at WB.

I'll post their reply here.

j0hn
07-02-2006, 06:27 PM
banned for cheating http://www.wild-bytes.org/pic/cheater.jpg
contact them on their irc server
irc://Irc.Wild-Bytes.org/wild-bytes

cbchaos
07-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks ghurka.

I have been told that my account has - "I cheat" next to name.

I however have no idea why they think I cheat though.

Hopefully they will give you some info when they reply to you.

Thanx again 4 doing this 4 me.

cbchaos
07-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Got my account re-activated.

Wasn't done for cheating. Apparently I had tried to get others re-enabled from the caught cheating page by clicking on remove.

Didn't know what this is what it was doing -thought they were just messages.

Thanks to all for the info.

siderman
08-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey guys.

I was away for 3 weeks and when I came back I got the pm that said not tu use az. So I installed utorrent and ran that for 6 days. Then last night I started az only to transfer my torrents from az to utorrent, it ran for only a few minutes and I got banned. I had torrent for other sites running so didn't want to close all torrents and I guess some from wb where overseen.

Anyway I finalized my transfer and deleted az from my computer. I'd like some help getting in touch with the staff to explain this as I dont think this warrants a ban.

Please help.
I'm known as heartburn on wb

Thanks in advance

j0hn
08-05-2006, 01:26 AM
The little mouse creaps through the night, looking for his cheese, he tries short cuts to cheat, only knowing that the cheese he seaks sits on a mouse trap. Another shu mod user RIP.
they seem to think u were using the "shu" cheat mod, and ur banned. they WONT remove a ban if they think u were cheating. its nothing to do with using azureus.

siderman
08-06-2006, 02:39 AM
The little mouse creaps through the night, looking for his cheese, he tries short cuts to cheat, only knowing that the cheese he seaks sits on a mouse trap. Another shu mod user RIP.
they seem to think u were using the "shu" cheat mod, and ur banned. they WONT remove a ban if they think u were cheating. its nothing to do with using azureus.

What is that ? Is it possible that this happened because I was running both utorrent and Azureus at the same time while I was porting my torrents ?

If certainly did not install any addons and or cheats.

My girlfriend is deaf and its the best site to get movie we both can enjoy I would not do anything on purpose to jerperdize this.

Please convay this to them. And like I said Az is completely deleted so there is no more confusion.

Thank you for your help

Heartburn

siderman
08-06-2006, 03:12 AM
I don't understand. I talked to stewie on the irc and according to him I was only banned yestuday. then How was it I havent been able to logge since like friday.

Damn Stewie I am not lying, I'm just confused, worried.

Oops. it is yesturday.. seems like alot longer. I don't understand why your so darn angry over there. I was absent for a few week and when I come back every thing is falling appart at the seams it feels like.

I wish I knew what the hell was going on. I've neen accussed of a cheater and a liar. The admin must have been having alot of more trouble with AZ while I was out of internet. But still...

I am very anxious about being banned because I'm very active on it, honest, It's the only site I kmow that is, well was run extremly well. Now this is very painfull for me.

If alot of people where dicking around on their site and decided to clean up I'm all for that. I am very sad thought that my stupid mistakes make me an dead inocent bystander.

Well Wether I get un banned or not I really ans sincerely hope the admin get the situation under control fast so no more inocent (although I admit a little careless) user gets the boot.

Best wishes to every buddy.

P.S. Stewie, you must have gone through alot of shit to react the way you did with me. I feel for you. I hope things get better.

Sid. aka heartburn

dave115
12-08-2006, 05:02 AM
I also need to contact someone from wild-bytes My User Id is: Dave115 I forgot my password tried a few cobinations and now it says my Ip is banned help.

rayb
01-05-2007, 09:58 AM
my ip was also banned for wrong password cannot contact pm staff

beandog
03-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Hi all:
I'm new to this forum, and hope someone can help me with a similar problem. I can't seem to get to the IRC page to contact the mods of wild-bytes, the page won't load. My account has been disabled and I have no idea why. My ratio is well over 1.1:1, and I was in the process of seeding back two torrents. Yet this morning, when I tried to log on, I got notice that my account had been disabled. No warning, no reason, just POOF - gone! I go by the same nickname - BEANDOG. on wildbytes. I am using utorrent and have used nothing but since they banned Azureus. I would really appreciate it if someone could at least find a reason why this has happened. Thanks, Bean

SHUVT
03-15-2007, 11:26 PM
All you have to do is post wild-bytes account for trade in the Title of a new post and wild will be there in 2 seconds to help you out. LOL

beandog
03-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Hmmmm.....was kinda hoping to get back into the site, not get banned for life....LOL

wildbytes
03-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi all:
I'm new to this forum, and hope someone can help me with a similar problem. I can't seem to get to the IRC page to contact the mods of wild-bytes, the page won't load. My account has been disabled and I have no idea why. My ratio is well over 1.1:1, and I was in the process of seeding back two torrents. Yet this morning, when I tried to log on, I got notice that my account had been disabled. No warning, no reason, just POOF - gone! I go by the same nickname - BEANDOG. on wildbytes. I am using utorrent and have used nothing but since they banned Azureus. I would really appreciate it if someone could at least find a reason why this has happened. Thanks, Bean

Join irc and chat with Stewie. He disabled your account as it looks like you were cheating.

2007-03-15 - 58 beandog 2007-03-11 02:13:44 3695 uTorrent/1610 1.95 MB/s 82.06 MB 41 sec 71.xxx.xxx.xxx

So you will need to talk to stewie incase this is a screw up.

irc://wild-bytes.org

join channel #banned
main channel is #wild-bytes

All you have to do is post wild-bytes account for trade in the Title of a new post and wild will be there in 2 seconds to help you out. LOL

SmartASS

Wild

Melvinmeow
03-15-2007, 11:47 PM
LMAO Kind reminds me of that song... "Just call his name he'll be there in a hurry.."

SHUVT
03-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Just trying to bring a smile to your face buddy.

beandog
03-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the info. I wasn't cheating, this has to be a screw up. I will try to get on to irc (never used it b4) and contact Stewie to find out what is going on. I'm at a loss to understand how they thought I was cheating. I don't even know how to do that. I enjoy the site and seed back what I take. My uploads are capped at 64K so that takes a while. But I still have managed to maintain a respectable ratio. Thanks again. Can anyone recommend a easy to use irc client? Bean

TYPE R
03-16-2007, 01:20 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SHUVT
03-16-2007, 01:45 AM
See I thought it was funny too! Wild is cool as shit and he knows I am just bustin his balls. He actually gave me my account there. LOL

wildbytes
03-16-2007, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the info. I wasn't cheating, this has to be a screw up. I will try to get on to irc (never used it b4) and contact Stewie to find out what is going on. I'm at a loss to understand how they thought I was cheating. I don't even know how to do that. I enjoy the site and seed back what I take. My uploads are capped at 64K so that takes a while. But I still have managed to maintain a respectable ratio. Thanks again. Can anyone recommend a easy to use irc client? Bean

just use mirc http://www.mirc.com/

Wild

beandog
03-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi again. I managed to get irc working. Sorry, but I am a noob to this. Could someone assist me with what might seem like a dumb question. Once I am in wild-bytes irc, how do I get to the #banned channel? I can get to the wild-bytes channel (there isn't anyone chatting there at this time of the morning (0630 Atlantic time). I really want to get this sorted out. Thanks

Moonspell13
03-16-2007, 09:51 AM
These are the two commands you will use mostly on irc:
/server bla.blabla.blo (replace with server adress)
/join #banned (or whatever channel you want to join)..
I hope that's what you asked..

beandog
03-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks moonspell. I think I have it sorted out. It appears that there is nobody on the channel at this point. Or at least I hope that is why I'm not seeing any conversation. I just want to get this sorted out. Being accused of cheating sucks. LOL. I have no idea how this happened.

If you are still on, could you join me in irc://wild-bytes.org so that I know that I at least have it working?

Melvinmeow
03-16-2007, 11:37 AM
If you see people in the room with you chances are your in the right place...
Its probably just a matter your on a differant timezone and everyone is afk.

RMutt
03-16-2007, 11:51 AM
strange stuff at wildbytes - I couldnt log in for weeks, and now all of a sudden - I can again! sweet.. its one of the sites where i keep the best ratio...

wildbytes
03-16-2007, 12:47 PM
strange stuff at wildbytes - I couldnt log in for weeks, and now all of a sudden - I can again! sweet.. its one of the sites where i keep the best ratio...

You had a cookie problem. All you had to do from the get go was to delete your wild-bytes cookie and try again.

Wild

torentcouple
04-05-2007, 09:32 PM
If someone could please check to see why my account was disabled, I would appreciate it.
I just signed up, and had only had it for a few days when I went to sign-in and
it suddenly said disabled without giving any reason.
I was really looking forward to using this wonderful tracker heavily, and
would deeply appreciate it if someone could check admin there for me.

my screenname there is torentcouple, same as here.

magicrabbit
04-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Join irc and chat with Stewie. He disabled your account as it looks like you were cheating.

2007-03-15 - 58 beandog 2007-03-11 02:13:44 3695 uTorrent/1610 1.95 MB/s 82.06 MB 41 sec 71.xxx.xxx.xxx

So you will need to talk to stewie incase this is a screw up.

irc://wild-bytes.org

join channel #banned
main channel is #wild-bytes

SmartASS

Wild

que heroic music

RTFM
04-05-2007, 09:39 PM
If someone could please check to see why my account was disabled, I would appreciate it.
I just signed up, and had only had it for a few days when I went to sign-in and
it suddenly said disabled without giving any reason.
I was really looking forward to using this wonderful tracker heavily, and
would deeply appreciate it if someone could check admin there for me.

my screenname there is torentcouple, same as here.

Probably because 7 days without activity for a new user = disabled. Had the same thing happen to me...thought the inactive period was longer.

saulin
04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Probably because 7 days without activity for a new user = disabled. Had the same thing happen to me...thought the inactive period was longer.

Yeah my account there was disabled for inactivity too. Don't care much about W-B though. That's why I wasn't using it. I would have used it but they wanted me to use Azureus 3.0 and I won't upgrade till all the other trackers I use ban Azureus 2.5.0.4 since I don't want to have problems with 3.0 on other trackers and I'm not a uTorrent fan. So far Azureus is the best client I have tried and yes I tried uTorrent before I think it was version 1.5 then.

torentcouple
04-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Perhaps it was inactivity... I had been logging in every Wed. and Saturday tho...
I just hadn't had a chance to download anything yet because I needed to switch bit torrent clients in order to download on W-B.
Is there any chance I could get them to change their minds?

RTFM
04-05-2007, 09:58 PM
I was logging in as well, however at WB inactivity is defined as not downloading/uploading, so logging in does you no good.

torentcouple
04-05-2007, 10:28 PM
that must be it then.......
Really sucks because I was really excited about using it...
sucks

Melvinmeow
04-05-2007, 11:43 PM
I never download anything off W-B my account hasnt had any issues.
I cant remember the last file I downloaded there. My account works fine.

saulin
04-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Melvinmeow (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/melvinmeow-134672) are you power user? Or just user?

I never downloaded anything. I was at 0 up and 0 down and it god disabled in 7 days. You might be inmune to auto disable for not using it if your status is not just user. Like I said. I'm not changing my BT client just for 1 tracker lol.

torentcouple
04-06-2007, 01:04 AM
I was able to work it out through their IRC channel... yeah!

wildbytes
04-06-2007, 01:28 AM
HEHE

1 week with zero stats for up and down will end up being disabled.

People that also download or upload just a few megs after 2 weeks get disabled also as this is just to get around the system.

Anyways torrentcouple has his account back. If you come to irc and talk to staff, then you might get it back.

Wild

timlee79
04-30-2007, 03:22 PM
am totally new at using irc. am trying to connect to wb irc channel by typing
/server irc.wild-bytes.org
is this totally wrong if so please help me
i am using mIRC
worked it out was using wrong port

Skiz
04-30-2007, 03:36 PM
am totally new at using irc. am trying to connect to wb irc channel by typing
/server irc.wild-bytes.org
is this totally wrong if so please help me
i am using mIRC
worked it out was using wrong port

Appears to be something amiss with their IRC. I tried going to it just now to confirm the information you provided, but it crashed Firefox both times I tried. :ermm:

dirty5anchez
06-05-2007, 12:22 AM
can some one give me a hand in contacting admins from wild-bytes seems like my account is disabled. would like to know why. (dirty5anchez) thanx

Skiz
06-05-2007, 01:48 AM
can some one give me a hand in contacting admins from wild-bytes seems like my account is disabled. would like to know why. (dirty5anchez) thanx

Just read the thread. :dabs:

leeter
06-05-2007, 01:56 AM

Probably due to account trade.

dirty5anchez
06-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Account trade?????????

Dirk Granite
07-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Hey Wild -

Can you please take a look at the PM I sent you today. If you can take a look and either send me a PM or an email back, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks
Dirk -

wildbytes
07-12-2007, 01:11 AM
i sent you a pm with 2 screen shoots that show you were caught cheating red handed.

Wild

Skiz
07-12-2007, 03:00 AM
i sent you a pm with 2 screen shoots that show you were caught cheating red handed.

Wild

teh harsh :pinch:

Gish
07-12-2007, 03:19 AM
I also need to contact someone from wild-bytes My User Id is: Dave115 I forgot my password tried a few cobinations and now it says my Ip is banned help.

just unplug your modem over night. the next day when you reconnect you will have a new IP;) then recover your password!

Edit: hey Wild.. It seems I have to clear my cookies every day or so just to connect to the site! is that normal?

iamviolet
07-12-2007, 06:07 AM
i am new here to filesharing. been looking for help with my wild-bytes acct. i have had wild-bytes account for well over a year. and my ratio was very good have always went by the rules. well now i cant get on. and my email recovery to password to my hotmail acct doesnt work. and cant remember my password. need help. going nuts here. :( acct name.. iamviolet i think my ratio was 1.57? and maybe something like 800gigs uploaded. cant remember . :(

Skiz
07-12-2007, 06:31 AM
i am new here to filesharing. been looking for help with my wild-bytes acct. i have had wild-bytes account for well over a year. and my ratio was very good have always went by the rules. well now i cant get on. and my email recovery to password to my hotmail acct doesnt work. and cant remember my password. need help. going nuts here. :( acct name.. iamviolet i think my ratio was 1.57? and maybe something like 800gigs uploaded. cant remember . :(

<skizo> Trying to find some info on an account
<skizo> iamviolet
<skizo> member says he cannot log in
<Stewie> cheater
<skizo> really....a 98week old account holder cheated?
<Stewie> yes
<skizo> I'll let him know.

wildbytes
07-12-2007, 12:19 PM

I wont get into it but you were also caught cheating red handed.

Wild

iamviolet
07-12-2007, 03:08 PM
my email is [email protected] maybe that will help.

Gish
07-12-2007, 03:16 PM
wow noob and cheater go hand and hand today...

Skiz
07-12-2007, 04:03 PM
my email is [email protected] maybe that will help.

Help with what?

I already gave you a response quoted straight from their IRC and the site owner has answered you as well.

iamviolet
07-12-2007, 04:07 PM
must be some type of mistake. hopefully someone can help. never had a problem like this before. :( even all 26 of my uploads dont connect anymore.

Skiz
07-12-2007, 04:10 PM
must be some type of mistake. hopefully someone can help. never had a problem like this before. :( even all 26 of my uploads dont connect anymore.

#wild-bytes (irc://irc.wild-bytes.org/wild-bytes)

007™
07-12-2007, 11:44 PM
wild is easy ot get a hold of :)

iamviolet
07-13-2007, 06:26 AM
how?

saulin
07-13-2007, 06:40 AM
how?

Have you ever heard of private messages? That's how. He's a member here.

Skiz
07-13-2007, 08:38 AM
how?

Are you serious? Are you even reading what's being posted?

1. I already gave you a response quoted straight from their IRC which stated you cheated.

2. wildbytes, the site owner, has answered you as well and confirmed that you cheated.

3. I posted a direct link to their IRC.